People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My foe: the stationary bike

If I am doing a cardio workout, I really do prefer an elliptical. 
But this morning, I almost felt as if my legs wouldn't carry my out of bed...

I still wanted to workout, however, I was dreading the elliptical.
That's an understatement, every time I envisioned myself on the elliptical... my hips, legs and feet began to hurt more.

What to do... What to do...

I got it through my mind that I would try the stationary bike.
I've never been a fan of it, before I lost the weight, just sitting on a bike hurt...
But, the reason for trying it... if my legs decided to give out... at least I was already sitting.

So, I began to ride... 20 minutes and 4.5 miles later, I was done....
The calorie burn is vastly different between the elliptical and stationary bike.. probably due to the fact that you are sitting. The point of the matter is, I did cardio... even though my body was all YUCK about it.

The rest of my workout went great, better than normal even... I found myself doing an extra 5 minutes of leg presses... And my situps (combined with russian twists) seemed to go off better as well.

I suppose the stationary bike isn't so bad. (*Gasp* did I just say that?)

Now, I'm trying to figure out.. so that my LoseIt! app reads the calories burned correctly...

Is 4.5 miles in 20 minutes a Light Bike Ride, a Moderate Bike Ride, or a Vigorous Bike Ride?

Let's look it up shall we?

(10 minutes later)

Well now.. that's OOBER frustrating...
The masses are split down the middle on this one...

Most basically say that is your heart rate is in the "Fat Burn" area that it's Vigorous...
And if it's in (or under) the "Cardio Burn" it's Low/Moderate...
My heart rate was right in the middle... the entire time...

I'm going with moderate. I think that's safe. 
I was pedaling at 90-100 RPM's .... I say that's pretty moderate/vigorous....
And the apps sometimes are a little high on the calories burn... So.. I think it's a safe bet.


Anyway:

It's Thursday, and the week has just FLOWN by.... 
Completely...
I guess between the stress at home, and the stress at work... I didn't notice how fast it was going.

I have almost lost all the weight I gained while at my sisters... Which I am pretty proud about... 
Emry still has one more week of karate camp, which Klay takes him too, so I will be able to continue on this vigorous workout regimen until the 19th. Then I will go back to my moderate workout. 
Which should technically be easier... right? RIGHT? I sure hope so.


I am finding that Gia, is a real drainer... she's always upset about something... always trying to fuel someone else's fire.... And, it gets a little exhausting to deal with. I have to protect my energy reserve like a fortress.. I can feel her trying to take my light...

It all hit me at once.

Yesterday, wasn't a great day for me... I was thoroughly exhausted.. but, after I got home... after Emry's actual karate class (I'll explain about this in a minute) I felt 10x better... And then I realized...
I hadn't spoken with Gia in 3 hours... And it occurred to me.. She is the first person I see in the morning... She comes right into my office (regardless if my door is shut or not).. and she will talk about her "problems" for at least 20 minutes... If I do get a word in.. she tries to over dramatize anything I say. She does it at lunch time... She does it to Karissa at lunchtime.. and that's a big deal.. because no one gets a word in with Karissa.... Karissa even told her to "let her finish" after being repeatedly interrupted.. after Gia kept escalating a certain conversation... We ended yesterday, with Gia trying to tell me that the person who trained her, Kathy, was rude to her, and refused to help her. 
That kind of hit home... and I know Kathy, and she would never ever say anything close to that. 

Leaving work helped.... So I know today, I need to be more reserved.. It's been a rough week, and I need all my energy. 

Now:
TO Emry and Karate Camp... 

Since Monday Emry has been going to a daily Karate Camp at his Dojo.. Klay takes him, and picks him up. It's 6 hours long, and on two nights a week... he goes back for a class. He has been doing Go Shin Ryu for 7 hours a day.. and will do this again until the 19th.

He is LOVING it.
I know, who would have thought?!?!?!
 
I thought by yesterday, at the very latest, he'd be all, I hate this... This stinks...
But.. he's doing remarkable.. and that shows in his class time.

And... well... my 6 year old is getting very.. very... muscular!
It's kind of weird!

LIKE REALLY WEIRD.
But, good for him.

As long as he likes it.

I suppose I should start working...
Until later...


1 comment:

  1. the first post i ever read of yours was about gia. she sounds just miserable!

    ReplyDelete