People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, July 26, 2013

Ode to the Chocolate Chip Granola Bar

Happy Friday My Friends, 
A little Nostalgic, yet funny, Food Poetry for you.


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q8dRqBabDXY/UJEtv3UHL2I/AAAAAAAAHxU/kMXYkHhC7h0/s400/Quaker+Chewy+Chocolate+Chip+Granola+Bar.jpg 


When I want a cookie
And know that I shouldn't
I reach for you in my desk
Because you are better than the rest

The yogurt is gone from my fridge
and breakfast is something I can't miss
So I reach again my friend
Thoroughly satisfying to the end

One bite
Yummy taste inside
Bite #2
Can't get enough of you
Number three
Oh, this can't be...

You're gone.
That's it.
I'll mourn over your wrapper.
Until I need more chocolate chip comfort.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I remember those!!!! Yum! Kudos were good too for some reason I just thought of those. Wonder what the calories are on those since they are so small.

    ReplyDelete