People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, July 8, 2013

Quick & Healthy - How I like my food!

and I prepared chicken and veggies in my wok.

This week, since I was only really home for 1.25 days, I needed a quick meal for the week.
Insert a similar Wok'd Experiment.

The vegetables I used this time were:
Zucchini
Carrots
Onion
Mushroom
Tri-Colored Sweet Peppers.

I marinated them in some garlic & lemon juice, and a little creole seasoning.
I let them sit in the fridge for about half an hour... to absorb the flavors.

I used the wok until the carrots started to slightly soften (I like my cooked carrots a little crunchy).
I took the vegetables out, and left the remaining liquid (sweated off from the veggies & lemon juice) in the wok.

I had seasoned some chicken tenders with Salt & Pepper, plus a Salad Supreme Seasoning....
What is salad supreme seasoning?

Well, it's what you are supposed to use on Pasta Salad...
But.. well.. I use seasoning however I want... It had a good aroma...
And who says it wouldn't work on chicken!

I placed the chicken tenders in the hot liquid of the wok.
And covered for a few minutes.
I waited until the chicken had cooked almost completely on the outside.
I then lowered the temperature on the wok, removed the chicken, and cut into tiny bite-size pieces. 
I placed the cut up chicken back into the wok, turned it up high... and proceeded to finish the cooking of the chicken in the liquid.

Week's worth of Food Complete within ... oh.. about 30 minutes.


We also had an obscene amount of fruit...
So, I made a large fruit salad (for snacking):

I used:
Cherries
Peaches
Raspberries
Watermelon
Mango
Pineapple
Oranges.


Nice and summery fruit salad. 


And, just in case I got bored of the above meal...

I made a Garbanzo & Corn Chipotle Salad.

2 cans Garbanzo Beans (Drained and Washed and Re-Drained)
1 can Green Giant Chipotle Corn
Lemon and Lime Juices
Garlic
Tri-Color Sweet Peppers (washed and diced)
Spicy Adobo Seasoning to taste.


Mix and Refrigerate.
 Tasty Tasty Tasty... and all for 88 calories a serving (about 3 ounces)


So hopefully the men folk don't plow through all the food in 3 days...
*fingers crossed*

I am pretty happy with the food I have made this week.

What about you?
What do your meals for the week look like?

 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delightful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm that fruit salad sounds yummy. Very colorful. My week has a lot of salads instore. You know how it is when you are on vacation. Time to shed the pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having foods prepared for the week! And all of this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete