People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Strength



Can you believe it's already Wednesday? 
Every time I see the above commercial.. I giggle... I think camels are like cows... ADORABLE.
It's one of those creatures created by whatever watches from above us... to make us all laugh.

I woke up feeling refreshed, and I am not as tired as I have been. I am still going to see my PCP later on this month, but, it's good not to feel like road kill. 

I'm thinking it had something to do with the humidity, and how many times a night I was waking up to take a drink of water, or try desperately to get cooler. 

We'll see, blood work is still a wonderful idea. 

I want to thank everyone for their support and concern (emails, comments, etc.) regarding my journey to a healthy lifestyle. It's wonderful to have such a vast group of people who care about my well being... who motivate me, and keep me going.

Today, I am sitting in one of my "new dresses" ... One of the dresses that Lissa gave me. And, I think this is due to the brand name on the tag... but, it is sized as a Petite Small. It's a very overwhelming feeling to wear this dress... and actually be able to fit into it.

I have to admit, I was scared for a long time... Not of being more shapely.. but, that I had no choice in the matter. It took a while for me to realize that in order for me to make this choice... to really commit to this lifestyle.. I had to really work for it. They tell you that your metabolism will change once you leave your teens (then your 20's, 30's, 40's) but, honestly, who of us believes that nonsense? I sure as heck didn't. 

When I was a teen... well... My mother didn't keep junk in the house... she didn't keep a lot of FOOD in the house. Not that we were poor... it was a control thing... she wanted to have control over every aspect of our lives.  My main source of food was from the school lunches. And with that meal.. I wasn't very picky... I always chose something that just looked tasty... Cookies, Soda, Burgers, Fries, Nachos and Cheese... French Toast Stick Day (My personal fav)... But, that was 10 years ago. 

A lot has happened to me in those 10 years, and some of them definitely did damage to me, my body and my metabolism. I had to retrain my body. I had to say "Hey BODY! This is healthy and yummy... and THIS IS NOT! We can have this... but, remember, it's not what you want to eat all the time." 

And the long conversation of: "HEY BODY! I know you 'hate' it.. but we have to exercise, even if we do become SKINNY.. we will not be in shape.. Look at you, you can't even make it up a flight of stairs!" 

I overcame a lot. I have learned a lot about me, my physical (& inner strength) and life. 

When I met Klay, I knew that I had to love me.. before loving anyone else completely. Well, other than my monster man (Emry)... once I had him.. I loved him... more than life. I do love myself. But, I also loved my flaws a little too much. Klay, Emry, my dad, and the rest of my friends and family deserve to love and be loved by the best me I can be. And that's another very important part about this journey.

Healthy Lifestyle = Happy Lifestyle. 

Making TIME for what's important.. and making PROGRESS everyday... 
(You agree Baking in my Bathing Suit?)

Happy Wednesday People.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Wednesday! I love this commercial, it always makes me smile too, I even posted it awhile back : )

    Good for you, wearing a new dress, feeling better, and being happy! You are truly an inspiration for people like me who are stuck in a funk and going no where fast


    Kimbra @ Mommys Rambles


    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this commercial. LOVE!

    And yahooooo for feeling happy and PROGRESS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete