People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, August 29, 2013

20 minutes worth of situps - Holy Crap

I had an interesting day yesterday.

Yesterday was our company picnic, and I flew solo. Kiddo had a field trip and the Man had to work... no biggie.

I knew I had a couple of hours to kill before the picnic started, so I went to the gym. Work was closed, but the building was open... so, stands to reason... The gym would be a good idea.

50 minutes of a workout... and then a glorious long time to get ready and doll up (as much as I can DOLL up) for the picnic.

I had a banana for breakfast, just because it was fast. I packed a pear with me for a snack at the picnic. My lunch was reasonable... a piece of (what I thought was) grilled chicken (turned out to be deep fried, and totally upset my stomach) and salad. A friend and I split a small handful of french fries (also deep fried, I'm guessing the oil is what really did it to me... ugh).....

I had my pear... I had a slice of watermelon...
Not a complete awful PICNIC... I was proud of myself.

I got home early, which meant I could pick up my monster early from camp.
I did some house cleaning...

And then...
My stomach lurched, and the deep fried food got to me.

So for dinner, I tried to keep it super light, a couple pieces of fruit... Nothing crazy... A peach, a nectarine, 1/4 of a mango...

My stomach settled, pretty boring day...

Karate class was basically cancelled due to the moving up ceremony for the Emry's Sensei.

There was a party.
Party = Cake, Brownies, Streudel....

My name is Kat, and I can't say no to dark chocolate brownies, fresh baked cake or streudel.

So what did I do? I had a few (READ: A LOT) of dessert.

So, because my day was really light, I wasn't too scared... but, I was still going to do my normal night routine...
2. Hip rolls
But, then, because I can't actually see the clock, I winded up doing 20 minutes of sit ups. . . Holy crap.

Let me be a little more clear about this.
I did 205 situps, 205 russian twists, 240 crunches, and 2 full minutes of "Hip Rolls" (I have also heard them called "London Bridges")


This is all because I couldn't see the clock, so I didn't have an idea that I was doing more than 5 minutes of each type of Ab exercise.

Do the math 650 types of "sit ups" in 18 minutes... and 2 full minutes of a Pilates Exercise that makes you want to cry by 1 minute 15 seconds in...

However...
This morning....
I woke up, and weighed myself...

Scale didn't budge UP... or DOWN....

So either, the grease from the chicken/fries made me SO regular (READ: really POOPY) that nothing STUCK to me...

OR.... The best way to fix a carb loaded dessert binge is 20 minutes of straight ab exercises...

I'm not sure I want to find out again. . .

NOTE TO SELF: Heat up heating pack for my abs... they are not happy with me.. But OH BOY how cute does my butt look today. Sorry, had to share that thought.

How was your day yesterday?

3 comments:

  1. I worked on some crafts for my Etsy shop and had dinner with the girls (Mom, sister, niece and grandniece). Afterwards, I dodged all the flooded streets on my way home. When I got home, I was able to enjoy the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you!

    Damn, you are going to have abs of steel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN WOMAN! See this is why you are my hero when it comes to dieting, working out and being determined! But ooooooowwwweeeee your poor tummy!

    ReplyDelete