People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

When Mama needs to be taken care of.

I have a pain syndrome, from old injuries that didn't heal correctly... It has been dormant for some time now. I attribute this to my newly acquired healthy lifestyle. The weight loss and my eating habits have made me feel wonderful, inside and out. Yesterday, I just didn't feel right.

I was sore. I was slow moving. I was exhausted. And above all.. I was very irritable. 
I went through the day normally. I did my workout, the stairs, etc. etc. I took Emry to karate, and then afterwards I dropped him off at home with Klay, so that I could do some shopping for upcoming events. I was only out for about an hour.... By time I got home.... It was like I had been to war. 

My bones felt as if they were breaking through my skin.. my muscles felt like they were snapping. Legs couldn't carry me. The burning soreness started from my skull, and traced it's way down my body... to the tips of my toes. 

I was in so much pain, I didn't want to eat dinner. I felt like gorging myself with crap foods, but even the thought of actual eating (regardless of type of food) made everything hurt. I knew I had to have something... I had a nectarine. It's all that I could manage. I decided to take a bath, hoping that the warm water (and epsom salt I added) would calm my muscles, and perhaps I could manage to eat a little more. 

Getting into the bathtub... not a problem. Getting myself out... Well... I couldn't do it.  I sat in the water until it got ice cold...  I looked at my towel, sitting on the bathroom sink.... not more then 4 feet from me. I finally made myself get up. Towel off... pull pajamas on... and leave the bathroom.

I did not do my evening exercise regimen.. I didn't even turn on the TV... I still wasn't hungry... 
I laid on the couch, and curled up into the fetal position. Klay put his hand on my back, and I cringed... I hated the way I felt. He began to rub everywhere... slowly... And, at first it hurt, but then, the pain just numbed me... and I was able to fall asleep on the couch. 

A few hours later he woke me up, so that I could limp to bed... Where I fell quickly asleep again. 

The good man that he is, made Emry breakfast and lunch for camp today... and obviously wiped down the kitchen for me. He's a good man... he really is. 

I woke up this morning, feeling less tired and sore... but, still, I could feel the pain monster hiding in the shadows... Hopefully, she will stay at bay today. 

I was able to do a small workout this morning... and I currently have my heating pack on my legs, and a warm Peach Raspberry Tea in a mug next to me. I am considering turning off the lights in my office, but, I am wondering if that kind of dim lighting will really hurt my eyes... 

Point being, sometimes, Mama needs to be taken care of.
Sometimes, Mama just stopping, and listening to her body is important. 
Things will get done, the sun will still rise in the morning. 
Because if Mama is down for the count... for an extended period of time...
No one is happy.
Especially mama.

Take time today for yourselves friends.
Take a nap.
Have a Glass of Tea...
Heck, have a glass of wine... 

Indulge in yourself.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy......... *winks*

1 comment:

  1. Oh man. that's so hard! i'm thinking of you and hoping you are able to rest and remain pain free!

    ReplyDelete