People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Birthday Party Planning Post #4: Alcohol

I have been going back and forth about the amount of alcohol.. and types that will be at my party.
This is a family friendly event, so I didn't really want an open bar. It's also not the type of person I am, and want to personify...

Klay is brewing a blonde ale for the occasion, I really wish he would have went with something thicker and more FALL... but, pickers can't be choosey. 

I finally hammered down exactly what I am going to do.

Hot Spiked Apple Cider - The Warm Option

Take equal parts Brotherhood Winery - Holiday Wine and Apple Cider.
Heat in a peculator... Serve warm, with a Cinnamon Stick, and a spray of "Special" Whip Cream 

Pumpkin Pie Punch - The Cold Option

15 ounces - Pumpkin Puree
1 cup - Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp - Cinammon
1 tsp - Ground Ginger
1/4 teaspoon - Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon - ground cloves
1/2 gallon - Apple Cider
2 liters - Ginger Ale
1 bottle - Caramel Vodka

(which can also be topped with special Whip Cream... if people want.)


Then, of course there will be normal, non-alcoholic options... Sodas and waters. 

Even though I do not have a "Fall" themed party.. It is still October, and I still want accents of fall at my party...

What do we think? 
Would these be things you would drink?

 



2 comments:

  1. It sounds good... I don't drink so I would opt for a diet coke, but they do sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds great! We are more on the drinkers side over here so almost everything tends to be spiked. But we are having a no-drinks fall party at my friends before we go to Arizona, it's an experiment. They are going to be hosting an adults only smoke party (we live in WA so it's legal people) lol. But I'm getting off subject, I'm rambling today.

    I really love spiked apple cider and the cold pumpkin drink sounds HEAVENLY! Now I want to come lol. If only...

    ReplyDelete