People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Party Planning Post #5: Candy Bar Sign

So I finally decided that I wanted my Candy Bar Sign to say : SINFUL SWEETS

Since I had the name down, it was time to start the crafting.
I went to AC Moore and purchased a whole packet of very cool cardstock paper. Even better, it was my color palette... Basically, maybe not EXACTLY purple.. but, FUSCIA... I loved all of it. From bold pages to basic pages... I knew I had exactly what I needed.

What I did first, was I counted how many letters were in SINFUL SWEETS... Seriously, I had to do this. Blonde moment!!!

Then, I decided sizes, I cut 5 different types of paper, into 3 sizes. (I used the paper cutter at work... Cutting in a straightline? Not this chick!)
4" x 6"   3" x 5"   2" x3"
 
(Please forgive most of these pictures, I did most of the crafting while I was on my lunch yesterday)

Once I had the sizes down, I laid out the paper, in the color patterns I wanted to make each letter "square". 

Then it was a really easy process, you take the biggest piece, and you glue the slightly smaller piece on top of it... THEN repeat with the even smaller one.  I used this really great brush glue, that I found in my "office supply" drawer... I confiscated it for the cause.

 
Since they were super wet, and I didn't want them to stick together, I laid them out on the radiator to dry.


While they were drying, and with the very little time I had to spare, I printed out the individual letters, in 72 Font. 

When I got home last night, I cut out the letters. Given the size of the INSIDE box.. I found that using HALF of a business card was just the right size to trace around each letter, as a guide. You know, because I can't really cut in a straight line.
 
Then, Well, I glued it right on top... And allowed to dry. I only got the "Sinful" part done last night.
Emry's school had Open House... so, that kind of took precedence. 

Overall, I am really happy with the letter blocks. I plan on using a hole punch and putting two hole in the top middle of each block. Then I have very cool Black - to -White fading yarn... So I can hang them. 


So, tell the truth: WHAT DO YOU THINK?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Don't feel stupid, I had to do the same thing, count out the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! love the color palette :) signs and banners are always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. i wish there were no word verification :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you’ve spent that much effort on the Candy Bar Sign, I can’t wait to see what you have planned for the rest of the party. I’m planning the best birthday party nyc and I’m going to borrow your ideas.

    ReplyDelete