People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, September 16, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli


I am one to make things in bulk, and freeze them in individual meals. 
Emry has been doing really good with his healthy eating, and is consistently trying new things.

I wanted to make him something that was:
  1. easy for me to make
  2. tasty ingredients
  3. comforting
  4. easy to portion out, and reheat

Thus, the Chicken Bacon Ranch Stromboli was born!

What you need:
  1. FOUR big handfuls of shredded cheese (I used Mozzarella)
  2. TWO containers of Pizza Dough (I used Great Value brand)
  3. HALF POUND of Deli Thin Sliced Chicken (I used Price Chopper Brand)
  4. 1/2 cup of Bacon Ranch Salad Dressing (I used Hidden Valley)
How do you make it? :

  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Roll out the containers of pizza dough.
  3. Spread 1/4 cup of Dressing on each dough.
  4. Place 1/4 pound of Deli Chicken on top of the dressing.
  5. Sprinkle 2 handfuls of cheese onto each dough.
  6. Roll doughs into stromboli shapes.
  7. Place on baking sheet, lined with foil, and sprayed with Pam.
  8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until Crust is browned, or insides start slightly oozing.

What I did next was I allowed the Strombolis to cool, and then I sliced them into individual pieces. I managed to get 8 pieces out of both strombolis. I wrapped each in plastic wrap, and then I wrapped over that with tin foil. This way, they will remain as fresh as physically possible.

I put 6 of them in a ziplock bag, and then in the freezer. These will be for future use.
The other two are sitting in the fridge for dinner options this week.

The only thing is that he will need to pick his side, whether it be a food or a vegetable.
And that's easy enough to do!

How do I plan on heating it up?
Well, the defrosted/refrigerated pieces can either be microwaved (for quick dinners) or they can be thrown into the oven heated to 350 for about 15 minutes, just to get them warm enough.

The ones in the freezer, well, I plan on taking them out, as needed, and allowing them to thaw in the fridge. And then repeating the above steps.


QUICK.
EASY.
TASTY.
And not so unhealthy.

Just a way to keep cool options for the kiddies... and well, you too, if you think this looks good!

Think of the possibilities?

You could make Chicken Parm ones... or even a Taco one!
Possibilities are endless..

All you need is a

PROTEIN
CHEESE
SAUCE

How easy is that?!

Enjoy Friends.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I have never had this before. Sounds easy and cheap to make! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete