People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, September 9, 2013

Here's the Skinny: Confessions from a Social Binge Eater - #2




Happy Monday everyone!

How was your weekend? Mine was... interesting...

But, they say interesting is better than boring... I must be really weird... I really prefer BORING.

Let's start out on the positive? Shall we?

This morning... I achieved a goal... with my best friend *SARCASM*, the TREADMILL...

**OMINOUS MUSIC PLAYS**

As you know, I have been trying to go outside my comfort zone... Today... I did, just that.

I started out with 10 minutes at 4mph....
A nice brisk walk...
I went into "cool down mode" and did an additional 10 minutes at 3.5 mph....
I was feeling really good...
At minute 8, I got this crazy idea "you should try running at 5mph, for 5 minutes... what's the harm?!"
 
So, I did. I watched the treadmill timer get closer and closer to the point where I would have to INCREASE the speed... 
3.....2.....1.... GO KAT GO

I was doing it. I was really really doing it....

And, then as a test of my dedication... it happened....

I SLIPPED, A LITTLE.

I didn't fall. I skidded along the treadmill a little. 2 minutes to go... DON'T STOP NOW.. 

I finished it off... 5 minutes at 5mph.

Now, I know that might seem like the tiniest goal ever. But, 1) I do not run. 2) I do not run on treadmills.

I would like to do this... a few times a week, and see if over time, I could INCREASE the time I can run at 5mph (which is a 12 minute mile)... and then once comfortable.. increase the speed.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm not a runner, so any helpful tools are appreciated....

Now, for the sucky part of my weekend.

Not really sucky... Just... well... LOAD BEARING.. haha!

I had lost the weight from the previous weekend, and re gained it THIS weekend.

Ugh... down to 129.6... back up to 134.6..... I'm like a darn see saw.

It could be worse. 
I know this...

But, this weekend... the eating was.. Kind of cruicial.

On Saturday, I was truly inspired, as I guided an ASL interpreter through the New York Renaissance Faire. This was an all day thing. The interpreters had insane schedules, and we bounced from event to event from 10a through about 6:30p... The interpreter had about a 20 minute break for lunch. 

This was also the day of our Volunteer Group Picnic. We were welcome to bring our interpreter and any of the people we were guiding to this event. Unfortunately, for me, my interpreter wanted to full "Faire Experience", and wanted to eat the delicacies... Can't say I blame her. I didn't want to really distance myself from her, and the lines were super long for food... so I had Klay come find me with a little food from the picnic... This was at 3p in the afternoon.  Now it should be said, that I was at faire at 9am that day, to drop off the food I made for the picnic, and to find out who I was guiding, and how that would work. So.. 6 hours without food. 

When I got it, it was a small, modest plate... My hyperglycemia didn't like it much. Why? It did nothing to boost my sugar levels...

An 1.5 hours later, I felt myself starting to crash... I bought myself ice cream. It was close, and the line was super short... That did it...

For about ANOTHER hour.

I couldn't figure it out.. I kept feeling hot, and flush... then very cold.. my body would shake... My mind knew.. EAT.. EATING will fix this.... 

SO, while my interpreter was  engaged for a 1/2 hour.. I booked it to the volunteer area... Praying to any God that would listen.. Not to pass out... Just to make it.... I grabbed.. a mini peach pie... 2 chicken drum sticks... some veggies... a cookie... and RAN BACK to my interpreter....

That... seemed to settle me.. Until the end of the day. 

We got home.. got changed.. and then... I began to crash again.

I swear, this day... will go down in history as the WEIRDEST DAY EVER. 

We grabbed dinner. I ate 3 times what I should have... 

And then slept.... 

Sunday, was Emry's YES day. (More on that later)...

I didn't log my calories as much as I should...

We did go for a walk that evening... 

I woke up this morning... 5 pounds heavier than I was on Friday... 

And, honestly... there was very little I could do about it.

The alternative, on Saturday at least, was to pass out. 
And, I was not about to let that happen.


SO.... I suppose between the crazy weekend, and my treadmill success... the playing field has been leveled. 

And I'm kind of okay with that.

How about you.. Any confessions?


No comments:

Post a Comment