My friend, Rose, has chickens that are laying a dozen eggs, every other day?
So.. needless to say, we have an OVER ABUNDANCE of eggs in my home at the moment.
Eggs are a vital source of protein, and are very tasty!
So, this week, the men folk and I will be enjoying: LOADED VEGETABLE EGG BAKE
- 18 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 small carrots
- 2 handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese (roughly 2 cups)
Seasonings I used:
- Liquid Smoke
- Chiptole Chili Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Whisk together Eggs, Milk and Seasonings.
- Pour over diced vegetables, and shredded cheese, which have been placed in a LARGE pyrex baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven (375) for about 20 minutes.
- Test if the quiche is set, by sticking it with a toothpick (if it comes out clean.. it's done. A little liquidy, give it a couple more minutes).
This makes about 15 thick, wonderful, cheese filled pieces.
Nutritional Info :
Calories - 153
Fat - 10.4 grams
Carbs - 3.6 grams
Protein - 11.1 grams
Whether you eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner... An Egg Bake is kind of warm comfort food.
You can put it with a salad, a fruit, toast... Home fries... There are so many ways you can serve up this amazing treat!