People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, September 9, 2013

This week in food...

For our week I prepared a Sun-dried Tomato, Mango, Chicken Salad. 

I went on the cheap, and quick with this one.

I used:

3 cans of applewood flavored canned chicken (great value brand)
1 huge Mango
1/2 cup (approx) of Sun-dried tomatos.

Chop up produce as small as you can, mash in with chicken... 

Done.

Super lazy and Super Cheap.

I did not add Mayo, because for one thing, I don't really NEED it... but, the men of the house have different opinions about the "creaminess" a chicken salad should be. If they want it... they can add it themselves... to obtain desired texture and consistency.

I did not season, because, we have a fully stocked spice pantry... Every day can be a different seasoning. Thus, it will not get boring.

Today: I threw a little Jamaican Curry into the chicken salad!

Nutritional Info per 2 ounces (which is the serving size on the cans of chicken... small, but whatevs, it was easier to calculate!)

Calories: 58
Fat: 1.1 grams
Carbs: 2.9 grams
Protein: 9.5 grams

I will be pairing mine with a salad today...

And perhaps putting it in a wrap tomorrow! 


The possibilities are endless with Chicken Salad... You can serve it warm.. Serve it cold... Wrap it up... Slap it on a salad... slap it on a cracker... chop up veggies and mix it in... 

ENDLESS!

What about you... What's yummy this week?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy... great now I have to go to the store and get a damn mango lol

    ReplyDelete