People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Creating a Recipe - The Food Network Star in me

I am a food addict.
There is no news there.

Heck, I write a post series entitled:

But, I also write about what we eat for the week... and I am starting to think I need a tab just for RECIPES. Whether they are recipes I have found, or created.... 

But, right now, I am having that issue... the .... I have THESE ingredients.. how do I make them work?

It's like an episode of CHOPPED... but, not as severe... There's no Lamb Testicles and Carbonated Orange Beverage in my basket.


I have flavors in mind... And I know how I want to use them... 

But, not even Allrecipes.com can help me with this... There is nothing QUITE LIKE what I want to make...

And that means one of two things:
  1. I have a highly developed palate. And I should definitely consider being a chef or professional cook.... Like Guy Fieri, Rachel Ray, Alexandra Guarnaschelli, Alton Brown, Giada... you know, all my Food Network Favs!
  2. Or... this is really going to suck.... and my family is going to hate it.

I have four ingredients at home, that I want to use to make something with.. Something Fall themed...

These ingredients are:
  • Pasta
  • Pumpkin
  • Chicken
  • Apple Cider

Now, I also have a full stocked Spice Cabinet...

In my head.. I see a pasta bake....

And I am toying with the  following ingredients to add in:
  • Goat Cheese
  • Fresh Sage
  • Spinach

Now, the sage and the pumpkin will go great together... The chicken, goat cheese and spinach or a great pairing...

BUT DOES ALL OF IT WORK TOGETHER???

I was thinking of making a cream sauce with the Pumpkin, Goat Cheese, Sage and Apple Cider. 
I want to dice up the chicken (maybe even shred it), then mix the sauce with the Pasta of my choice and the Spinach... Then bake.....

As you can see...
I am almost there...

But, I am so unsure if it works...
It's complex...
It will need proper seasoning... Nothing too crazy... Something to counteract the sweetness in the pumpkin and apple cider... 

It's an experiment.. 
And I am certain.. 
That I would never win Chopped or any other competition Cooking Show... 
I need time to work these things out...

Tell me...
What do you think?
Do I got something going on here?

(OOOOH: Chopped has VIEWER DINNER CHALLENGES!)

Also:
Would a Recipe tab be helpful?

I really don't want to Over Tab, and break down my blog... But... Perhaps tabs that would list all the specific posts I do.... 

My OCD is going wild!


No comments:

Post a Comment