People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Here's the Skinny: Confessions from a Social Binge Eater - #4

 
 


Hello October, I don't know how you got here so fast, but now that you are here.. I want to say.. GO AWAY!!!

Now don't get me wrong. I love FALL. I love OCTOBER... 
I love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

My loves of October/Fall:
  • My birthday is in 10 days
  • Leaves are turning awesome colors
  • pumpkin spice flavored everything
  • apple picking
  • apple cider
  • pecan pie
  • This year: BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
  • peanut butter cookies
  • hiking
  • stews, soups and all things made amazing by my crock pot
  • brisk evening air
  • less bugs
  • Halloween: (from scary movies to candy)
  • Caramel Apples
  • Chocolate Apples
Now, if you look at my loves of fall.. most of them are food related.
And that kind of stinks for me.

Because, well, I am trying not to be that person anymore.

Last weekend, I let the "fat" girl out of the cage.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hCLnTcJcgQA/hqdefault.jpg
Back in the Cage, Dutch
I just ate. We ate out for almost every meal, due to family being up, convenience... laziness.
It just happened.

And, well, I paid for it.

But, I have learned a lot about my weekend eating. Most of it is bloating and water weight. A day or two in the gym, and my body has basically gone back down to where it was the Friday before. 

Now, if I were to be more active on the weekends...
That would probably help the situation..
But, I choose not to find the time.

That's the truth: I choose not to find the time.

And I wish I could change that. 

But, well, I guess that takes time... and dedication...
5 days a week is enough... in my opinion... 
But, I suppose 15 minutes here or there on the weekend.... Isn't a lot... Right?

Anyway.

Back to FALL.

MmmmMmmmmMmm

I suppose if I hiked, while eating half of these things.. It would equal out.
Right?

Haha. 
Probably not. 

I want to look amazing for my birthday party. This will be the first birthday in 7 years that I will be... back to my old weight. I want the people who haven't seen me in a while, to be like WOW... and I want to look at pictures from this occasion and see my accomplishment.

  I also don't want to keep, going crazy on the weekends, and then running it off during the week.
My body is going to STOP being so helpful soon... and that's going to suck.

This maintenance thing is a lot harder than it looks.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle has it's ups and downs I suppose.

This week, I am experimenting with NOT using my Lose It! App. 
I want to see if I can be accountable, during the week, with my food.
I am also getting really BORED of logging everything in.. every day.

So, if I can be accountable, and do what I should be... without it.. Then I'll go another week.
If I can go a month... Then I'll delete it from my phone.. or at least clear the history that has been saved up. 

My weight loss is forever. 
This new body is forever.
Does the app have to be?

Thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration! I love how much you care about your new lifestyle, it makes me want to get back on the bandwagon! I have a weakness for ... sweets. But I also think that you are doing just fine working out 5 days a week and deserve a little time on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete