People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How was my break from the gym?

Last Friday, I napped instead of using the gym. I ate everything I saw... And I didn't feel gross.
I felt EMPTY.. like a bottomless pit. 

I am convinced that my body was fighting a cold... or the plague.. or something. 
I said, I will get up and run tomorrow...

Tomorrow came, and I didn't do it.
I was so darn tired... more tired than I have been in a very LONG time.
So Saturday, was kind of a repeat of Friday...
Still.. my body was burning through food like.... flame to paper...
I never hit my food wall....

Sunday: Same exhaustion.. but not as bad.
Ate a little less...
Did some cool outdoor things....

Monday.....
I got my butt back in the gym.
I wasn't over the moon about it...
But I did it.

I am now running 5 miles in 1 hour 23 seconds.
And that's very close to me doing a 5mph mile... 
That is my goal...
This way.... a 5k could be accomplished in 38 minutes 24 seconds...
And that would... make me ... VERY excited.

I have to get my money in for the race this week. The deadline is approaching, and I have been... procrastinating on putting it in the mail... Not sure why... But, I am going to mail it tonight.

SO.. my break.. from a Healthy Lifestyle.. my willing break from working out, and even considering what I was putting in my body... was... 

It was lackluster.

I did it... It wasn't amazing.. I didn't feel FULFILLED.... I didn't feel HAPPY to have all these things that I had been passing up on a regular basis... I felt... nothing about it.

You know when I felt something?
Last night, after a full day of working out, eating right, and drinking plenty of H20... 
I felt... lighter... I had more energy...

And the honest truth... My inner thighs were BURNING... I stretched for a VERY long time last night.. No working out.... Just stretching....

And I woke up this morning... feeling even better.

My break showed me... that I like this way better.
A cheat here or there... That's going to happen...
A day away from the gym...
Is going to happen...

BUT: When I go back. I'll love it just as much (if not even more) than before....


Have a wonderful day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment