Last week, I told you how I had these 4 ingredients, and I wanted to turn them into a meal.
Those 4 Ingredients Were:
- Pasta (1 box - medium shells)
- Pumpkin (1 large can pureed)
- Chicken (About 1.5 pounds of breast meat)
- Apple Cider (I had a lot, but I used 2 cups)
Now.. I purchased 3 additional ingredients, and found 1 hiding in my vegetable drawer:
- Goat Cheese (4 ounces - I purchased Honey Lavender from Nettle Meadow Farm I found it in Price Chopper)
- Fresh Sage (About 1/4 cup chopped)
- Spinach (1 1/2 cups chopped)
- Hot Long Peppers (3 diced)
Then there was the things that I took from my Spice/Baking Cabinet:
- Oil (about 2 TBSP)
- Flour (2 TBSP)
- Minced Garlic
- Seasonings: Cumin, Curry, Chipotle Chili Pepper, Salt/Pepper, Onion Powder, Creole Seasoning
And, I made a Autumn Chicken Pasta Bake.
(SIDE DIRECTIONS: AFTER CHOPPING THE SAGE AND PEPPERS, PLACE THEM IN WITH THE APPLE CIDER... GIVE IT A QUICK STIR... THIS WILL ALLOW THE SAGE AND HOT PEPPERS TO SEEP INTO THE CIDER
ALSO: AFTER CHOPPING THE SPINACH.. PLACE IT IN THE BOTTOM OF A LARGE BAKING PAN
- Place pasta in a pot of boiling and salted water.
- Grill up your chicken until it is mostly cooked. I seasoned my chicken with: Cumin, Curry, Chipotle Chili Powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Slice up your chicken into bite sized pieces... Set into baking pan on top of the chopped spinach.
- MAKE SAUCE:
- You are going to make a pseudo roux. Take a little oil or butter (your choice), allow it to melt in a medium sized sauce pot... Once melted, take 2 tbsp of flour and whisk it together until you have a thick liquidy flour liquid...
- Take the 2 cups of Apple cider and whisk it into this mixture until the Flour/Oil mixture is completely dissolved into the Cider...(remember: there is the sage and pepper in here...you want that to go into the pot too!)
- Pour the Can of Pumpkin puree until this mixture and mix together until smooth.. Add some garlic (powder, minced, chopped.. whatever you have on hand).
- Take Honey Lavender Goat Cheese, and whisk it into your sauce pot. Whisk until smooth.
- Seasoning: Depending on your taste buds.. You want to make sure that this sauce is just as savory as it is sweet. I added the onion powder, chili pepper, and creole seasoning.
- By this point, your pasta should be pretty much done... Pour it into a collander, and get all the liquid out...
- Slowly add the pasta to the baking dish with the chicken and spinach. Stir it together, so that you can get the spinach all over the pasta... Since the pasta is still warm, it is actually WILTING the spinach... This process was started when you placed the chicken in their as well. Once completely mixed.. GO FOR THE SAUCE
- Add the sauce mixture all over the pasta, spinach, chicken... DO this slow, and allow for the sauce to go into every nook and cranny... Give it a poke here or there, and allow the sauce to completely settle.
- Place in the preheated oven (Since this is all cooked, you are only just "setting" the dish)... I did this for about 15 minutes.
- Take it out... And Serve whenever you want to. My baking dish has a lid.. so, I just threw it in the fridge for the week.
Seasonal, Healthy, And only EIGHT INGREDIENTS.
I do note, that I have a fully stocked Baking/Spice Cabinet. But, really, your tastes are your tastes.. USE WHAT YOU HAVE!
|Please excuse my Dixie Plate.... |
But doesn't that look TASTY?