People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Permanent Damage

I have been a horror movie fanatic since I can remember.
I would sneak behind the couch, to peek at the horror movies my family was watching, when I was supposed to be in bed.

I watched the Exorcist, when I was 8 years old.
I am pretty sure I saw Jaws, when I was even younger....

Stephen King's IT.... 
Close Encounters of the Third Kind...
The Lost Boys...

These movies were my childhood.

And as I grew, I needed a darker, more twisted scary movie.
I needed something that would ACTUALLY frighten me.

And, now don't get me wrong, even a horrible scary movie will get me to scream out, or hide behind my hands... but, that's just the fun of it. 

However, the good ones leave me... well... let's be honest, the good ones.. NEVER leave me.

But, I think there is permanent damage from all the scary movies I have watched....

Because, I hold on to the really scary ones... for a long time after watching them....
http://horrorboom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/screen-shot-2013-01-17-at-5-51-07-am4.png?w=560&h=261&crop=1
We recently watched, "MAMA"... And, I have to admit... It was a darn good scary movie.
Up until the last... oh I say.... 15 minutes, then it got pretty cheesy.... 

But, 98% of it was pretty flipping awesome.

Last night, Klay took Emry to karate, and I got an HOUR to MYSELF... with NO ONE ELSE IN THE HOUSE... Awesome right? Not so much.

I made myself something to eat...
I plopped myself in front of the TV... 
(Don't tell anyone, we aren't supposed to eat on the couch... Klay really likes that couch.)

And then I heard it.
**PING**
Something fell, moved, something'd down the hall... 
SO, I lean over, and I look down the dark hallway, 
And I swear on a stack of bibles, I saw something move in the bathroom.
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

I know I am home alone.
I know what I heard was probably a cat knocking something over.
But, I cannot tell you what I saw moving in my bathroom.
I tried to reason with myself that the dark was playing tricks with my eyes.
But, WHAT, obscured the light from the window in the bathroom? HMMMMMM??!?!?!
http://horrorboom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/screen-shot-2013-05-06-at-11-23-23-am.png?w=560&h=261&crop=1
SO... 
I blame it on the movie.
Completely.
I was half expecting something to come crawling like a demon, down the hall. 
I turned on Law & Order SVU on a HIGH VOLUME.. and waited for SOMEONE to get home.
(after, of course, making sure there was no evidence of TV Couch time eating).

Now, this sounds silly.
But, it's true. 
And it used to never happen before....
Well, I think I've noticed a peak in my "fear"... over the past couple of years.
Not sure why...

But, the only rational conclusion I can come to is: I HAVE WATCHED TOO MANY ULTRA SCARY MOVIES... AND MY NERVOUS SYSTEM CAN'T HANDLE IT ANYMORE.

Does this happen to you?
You think I'm nuts.. right?

1 comment:

  1. I can never get enough!!! Although I have yet to be scared,

    ReplyDelete