I didn't calculate any of the nutrition, but honestly, it's all good stuff... so how BAD could it be?
After the birthday party, I had 2 gallons of Apple Cider left over... I needed to use at least ONE....
Thus: CHICKEN HARVEST STEW was born!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 red pepper
- a couple hot peppers (jalapenos, cherry, long, poblano.. whatever you like)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 gallon Apple cider
- Chili Seasonings
- Cumin, Garlic and Curry Seasonings
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, and then season with Cumin, Garlic, and Curry Seasonings. Grill up, until the outside of the chicken is basically cooked. Do not cook all the way through.
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half, take out the seeds and junk.. then roast in the oven (at 350) for about 15 minutes.. just to get the squash a little soft.
- While waiting for the squash, dice up the red pepper, hot peppers, carrots, and red onion.
- When squash is done, dice it up as well.
- Pour the entire gallon of apple cider into a crock pot.
- Add veggies, chicken, and chili seasonings (you can grab a packet, or you can use whatever you got in your pantry.)
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This turned out to have a sweet and spicy.. Hot and Sour Soup type feel to it.. but, with the thickness of a good stew. Since by me the weather is getting progressively colder.. the comfort of a stew is awesome.
I recommend serving this with some crusty italian bread!!!!