People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, November 4, 2013

I feel the need for SPEED

Saturday morning was a breezy, cool morning, with the temperature stuck at 40 degrees. If it got much colder, we could potentially have snow... I decided that I need to run in these colder temperatures. 

Because in 24 days, I will be running the 5k. I cannot imagine how cold it will be on that day.
I am investing in an under armor shirt, just so I can keep me heat in, and not sweat up a storm.
The race provides us with a t-shirt, so I do not want a layer that is too bulky.

Anyway, back to Saturday. It was COLD.. not FREEZING... but, I was definitely feeling it.
My body must have had the instinct that it was colder than normal, so I was keeping a pretty quick pace.

Little did I know.

I got back home, turned off the pedometer... had a sip of water.. and then checked the time...

35 minutes... 

I did a double take...
THIRTY FIVE MINUTES?!?!

That couldn't be right.
So.. I went back through all the songs I listened to while running....
And

YUP


5k in 35 minutes.

HOLY FREAKING COW!

That time is amazing.
Better than I could have ever dreamed nor wanted...

So.. I felt like Maverick and Goose for a moment.

I FEEL THE NEED

THE NEED

FOR SPEED


1 comment:

  1. Yea me too!....oh oh wait.....you mean running? Oh hell no nvm :)

    ReplyDelete