People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'm giving in...

Yes folks, Christmas is less then two months away.... I haven't started shopping yet. 
And honestly, I don't think I will start until the end of next week, and that will be little things...

But, I am giving in to the Christmas Hype... and I am going to buy an

ELF ON THE SHELF
 
On average, Emry is a good kid... but there are these moments, that come... that ... Oh man.... We all have this as parents' whether we want to admit it or not...
 
HE HAS THESE MOMENTS IN WHICH I WANT TO SHIP HIM IN A BOX TO SOME THIRD WORLD COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
*looks around* Okay, vent over.
 
This year, I want the time between NOW and Christmas to be.. more peaceful... 
So.. I am stocking up... and buying an Elf.
 
Now, I do not want the typical Elf on the Shelf:
 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yxjJR8ZCVcI/ULuCAsnHuDI/AAAAAAAACBw/shSlen_PIfY/s320/Elf+on+the+shelf.jpg 
 
He's a little too.. CUTE for me... I think that I would like one more like this:
http://www.evilconservatives.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1536&d=1355433965

Yes, I realize that is demonic, and freaking scary... but.... Isn't the point of the elf on the shelf to SCARE your kids into behaving correctly. 

Yes, it is scary enough that these elves roam around the house freely, and position themselves so they can spy on your behavior... But... Wouldn't it be better if there was a toy like THAT?!

I mean seriously, Santa is SO angry, he sent his most tired, caffeine addicted, insomniac elf to watch you... 

I am also typing up my very own NNB.. NOTICE OF NAUGHTY BEHAVIOR.

When the elf makes it's way into the house... so will this note... 
And, I can tell you... 

Even if this doesn't do anything...
The sheer set up, and work I am putting into it... is WELL WORTH IT.. and therapeutic.

So, after perusing Etsy and Amazon.. and these little side shops here and there.... I have found one... that has made the cut. It is cartoony, so it's not COMPLETELY scary. Only problem.. It's an ornament. I have written to the artist, and I'm going to see if she can custom make me one, in a sitting position... We shall see....

Worst comes to worse, I'll buy the sparkly and sweet Elf on a Shelf.. and... Darken him up a little bit.

Mwa-hahahahaa <---evil div="" laughter="" maniacal="">

What about you?
Your feelings on the elf on the shelf?
Suggestions of where to hide him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment