Every once in a while, I let Emry pick the meal for the week. This week, he said "TACOS".
I know what you are thinking, who do you keep tacos for a week? That sounds gross?
You're right it does... It's called... Many tuperwear containers... and a little patience.
I made individual sides, to build the tacos....
- Crumbled Ground Beef, seasoned with cumin, garlic, chipotle chili pepper, Bacon Molasses Seasoning.. and whatever else I grabbed from the cupboard. Once the ground beef was perfectly crumbled and browned, I removed it using a slotted spoon, and tried to leave as much of the left over beef grease in the pan. You never need to use extra oil with these types of dishes... Just use what the meat leaves behind...
- I cut up 2 onions, 2 green peppers, and 2 red peppers into slices, and then I sauteed them in the beef grease. Once they were done, I took them and I layed them ontop of a papertowel covered cutting board. This absorbed the unnecessary grease from the veggies. Yes, there is a little level of grease that is acceptable! Just saying.
- You can either shred your own, or buy it.... I bought 2 bags of shredded taco cheese (cheddar/jack blend)....
- I cut up Red and Green tomatos, and shredded some Iceberg lettuce....
- I purchased extra taco shells.
VIOLA.. Dinner was done. It isn't the healthiest.. but it's definitely comfort food, plus, the boy will eat it, and the menfolk too.
Now, how am I eating this?
Well, I skip the actual taco. I take a little meat, a little sauteed veggies, a lot of iceberg and tomatoes.. and I make a pseudo taco salad... you know.. with out the actual TACO. It doesn't need dressing since the meat and the sauteed veggies already have the tasty acceptable grease.
And that's that.
I'm pretty sure the men folk have had 6-9 tacos each already this week. And that means they love it... and I'm happy with that.