People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

10 questions about running and other things.

I was catching up on my blogs, since I was away since Thursday.. GASP.. I KNOW!
And I came across this questionnaire over at "Life, Love and The Webers" - written by Meg!  
She is a  new runner, and even though I've been running for about a year now, I kind of feel like a new runner myself. Her posts are positive and witty... She's super fun. You should check her out.

If you like the questionnaire, go post one on your blog, and tag the post in the comments! I'll read yours if you read mine!

http://runningonpb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hey-girl-keep-running.jpg1. Who was your biggest role model as you first started running?

Wow.. I think what got me on the treadmill, was this guy at work David. I would be using the elliptical.. and he would get on the treadmill and just FLY.. he looked so free... When the elliptical was no longer effective... I started running, and never looked back. And, then he was so motivational when he heard I signed up for my first 5k.. and he continues to be the best "gym buddy" in the entire world.

2. What is your best running memory?

http://wellabe.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/46f14d321a56cadc329fdb6efea912e1.jpgThe 5k was a big deal for me... It really was. But, was it the best memory? Hmmm... No. It wasn't. The best running memory for me, was after I had run outside (at 5a) a couple of times.. I think I had this epiphany that I was actually a runner... I was chasing a garbage truck (with considerable distance between us) from house to house.. and then.. there was a break in the neighborhood, and he started to creep farther and farther away.. and I didn't want that.. I wanted to keep up.. I wanted to be able to read his license plate... So I charged it.. And I pushed it.... And that was the best memory... The darkness of the early morning hours, and trailing a speeding garbage truck... Odd.. but funny.. and if you're a runner, you know what I'm talking about.  

http://funnycatdogphotos.doomby.com/medias/images/0013-cat-eating-too-much.jpg3.The time you now spend running; what was it filled with before you started running?
Eating everything in site. Sleeping. Being lazy. Becoming a drone. Did I mention eating? 

4. What is your favorite TV Show?

http://d1mxyp5ceukbya.cloudfront.net/images/dany-game-of-thrones-unsullied.jpgOh man, there are so many right now. I'm in HUGE love with Game of Thrones... but, also I have a thing for Face Off and Jim Henson's Creature shop. AND THEN there are all the Tattoo "Reality" shows... I watch a lot of TV on Demand, and the same episode multiple times (I usually fall asleep on a lot).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MEk4ERRj-ok/TyC2h0Ly7FI/AAAAAAAAEWk/nm_Cq3g34iQ/s1600/ice+cream+sundaes+pappas+1211.jpg5. What is one habit you won't give up, even though you know it's not the healthiest?

Habit? Junk Food. I love junk. Candy, Cookies, ICE CREAM (my current major problem)... It's all in moderation, and as long as I don't eat it too often, and I continue working out... I think I'll be fine.. .Or is that denial?

6. If you could have lunch with someone famous, who would you pick?

That's a big question, and in my mind, I can think of 20 famous people that I would have lunch with. But, honestly, I think I would have to go BIG with this one... I'd probably pick Vin Diesel. Now don't judge, it's not just because he is amazingly beautiful and ripped. But, he's also a REAL PERSON. He is a positive person, that believes in projecting your future... He's a father... and a husband. 
I would love to pick his brain and see how he manages to stay so focused and down to earth in an industry that picks at your self esteem... Maybe, my little stressors would disappear if I could hear that sort of wisdom.

7. What is your favorite season for running?
http://paulbradymusic.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/2004_10_prospectpark1.jpg 
Late Summer, Early Fall... When the humidity is low, and the mornings are balmy... I had my best outdoor runs in August/September.

8. Describe the one route you would be okay with running over and over for the rest of your life.

http://www.newpaltz.org/Rail_Trail.JPGI don't really have a favorite yet.. But, I am thinking the Rail Trail. It is flat, and paved and goes through a number of our local towns.. you can just run straight for MILES.. no cars, no stop lights... No traffic.... No debris on the road... It's going to be my favorite thing to do this spring/summer/fall.
 
http://www.luxuo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Aulani-Resort-Hawaii.jpg9. If time and money were not an object, where would you go on vacation?

I want to go someplace TROPICAL.. Antigua ... or Haiwaii... Some place all inclusive, with beaches and sun... Little drinks with umbrellas... and me all prepared with a bikini body. Which, I need to note, I have been in ALL winter... And that's a MAJOR accomplishment. 


10. What is your favorite past time, other than lacing up the running shoes?

I love to cook. I love finding new healthy recipes and making them for my family. I've also become a major HIKER (read more about that later today!).... 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cy_DdSbglZI/T3941OaqZCI/AAAAAAAACIw/MOf1YnuDxno/s1600/bc.gif
This is Copes Lookout Path, at Mohonk Mountain House. If you zoom the picture there is a gentleman in a RED sweatshirt (Find the center of the picture and move your finger up and to the left a little. He's a BLIP in this picture).. THAT IS THE TRAIL. You go down and do rock scrambles.. until you get the the ground... Not easy.. But Super Fun.



So there we have it! Thanks to Meg for sharing a questionnaire that I really enjoyed doing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks doll!! You're too sweet!
    I love your 5AM story. Early morning runs are the best!

    ReplyDelete