People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hey Mike.. Guess what day it is?!?!?! HUMP DAY!!!

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and starting a few weeks back, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my fourth week doing this, and each week I find a few new blogs to stalk follow.
 
Go check it out.. and Join in!
 
This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic.. Going to give it another SHOT!

WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONS FROM KAT - 

  • I didn't run today, even though it's Wednesday. My normal 6.75 miles (in 70 minutes) didn't happen at all. My feet were unhappy with me... and I couldn't imagine running... So, I walked on the treadmill for an hour of Hill training. I used the highest resistance/incline (which is a 20) at a speed of 4.3mph. I did a 10 minute cool down.. and managed to get 4.95 miles in at 70 minutes. At least my butt will thank me later... The hills help to lift it up!
  • I have a pint of Stewart's Brand "Salted Caramel Macchiatto" sitting in my freezer... and I'm pretty sure I'm going to eat most of it on Friday.
  • Instead of being social, and sitting down with Klay and/or my dad to watch a little TV at night.. I've just gone straight to bed... If I'm going to fall asleep anyway.. it might as well be in my bed.
  • I've wanted nothing more than to stay in my pajamas every day this week.
  • I keep a "In Case of Emergencies" candy stash in my desk at work.
 Now wasn't that fun? No? I thought it was.. moving along...

For the second (or third) Thursday in a row, I have to go food shopping. I try to do this on Friday nights, so that I can stay out later, take my time, and just pass out when I get home... without the worry of work the next day.

That can't happen.. not for at least the next month. Stupid MAY schedule...oh, by the way, can we believe that MAY is TOMORROW? When did that happen?

So, I'm looking into recipes for next weeks food, and the weekend.

I never made the clean calzones, and I still have the ingredients, I am thinking of making them tonight... after I get Emry home from Karate. I do not let food go to waste. EVER.

So I've been stalking other blogs.. looking for other recipes... for the week..
My thoughts for this week ARE!

Over at Life by Nadine Lynn, she has a recipe for Skinny Cajun Chicken Pasta. It's very basic and easy! She has the calorie count at 324 calories per serving, and for a dinner, that ain't bad!

I may use almond milk, instead of skim milk... and I may add a couple extra spices in there.. But overall, this looks like a seemingly healthy, an d easy weekly meal to make!

Heck, I may even by some whole wheat pasta for this one. Even though, I should finish out the white pasta we have in the cupboard... SIGHS... I can't just throw it away... Can I?

So that takes care of the week... and then, I have this ingenious idea for the weekend breakfast!


1I found this recipe over at "Eat Yourself Skinny", it is a batter for Whole Wheat Banana Waffles! Now, what I'm thinking is, turning that batter into Pancake Poppers. Does anyone know what Babycakes are? It's a brand of cake pop maker.. but you can also use it to make doughnut holes or Pancake Poppers. And who doesn't like to pop some yummy pancakes?

The recipe calls for skim milk, and I don't do that.. so Almond milk will be swapped. It also calls for Stevia... and I also don't do that.. so I will opted for the regular sugar. Other than that.. seems like an AWESOME idea for breakfast. Serve it with a smoothie, or with some fruit! Maybe even a little syrup? Oh man... Sounds totally tasty.. doesn't it?

Then there is the weekend dinners... which, once again I am coming up blank with... There are so many great options that I could prepare... But, honestly, you guys... I got to clean out some of the meat in the freezer.. and I know I have a pre-marinated rack of BBQ ribs in the fridge. I know.. GASP!!!... I'm thinking about preparing those, with a nice large SALAD... Easy peasy Lemon Squeezy...

And then just work with what is in the fridge for the rest of the weekend.

OH, another confession - I am wicked exhausted, and my motivation to be SUPER MOM.. is just not shiny as it usually is!

But, it is HUMP DAY, and I just got the kick in the pants that tomorrow will be another ROUND OF TABATA....

Do you know why? Because I got an email alerting me that the work fitness center will be closed tomorrow and Friday due to repairs of the flooring. That's the universe telling me.. GO TO TABATA... LOVE TABATA!!!!

How's your week going? 



9 comments:

  1. Some days I'd love to just stay in my pyjamas all day. It'd be great if I could get away with wearing them to work. I try to wear comfy clothes as much as I can though. I rarely put on a pair of jeans anymore, I just find them too restricting.
    I've been looking quite a lot at recipes on people's blogs recently. I've found some really great ones that I can't wait to try out. I just need to remember to take the list of ingredients with me when I go shopping. I've got a terrible memory recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I love this link up. Makes me feel so good to get so much off my chest. I should do it more often instead of on hump day. and I love the video of the Hump day thing. priceless

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following and thanks for you comment. I'm totally following you back. Dont you feel better after getting all of that out.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fill up on the calzones tonight before you get started on the salted caramel ice cream! haha! that's dangerous !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not believe tomorrow is May!

    Give me salted caramel anything! Yum!

    I have to do our grocery shopping on Sundays most weeks. It is the only time I can really fit it in, so I food prep then too.

    Thanks for the shout out! I haven't made that recipe in awhile now....my husband would probably be pleased if I rotated it in next week I bet. It is so easy and yummy! I always changes things up to suit what I have on hand....or our tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO how about me and you have a girl's day where we stay in our pajamas all day and make those whole wheat waffles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole wheat waffles look delish!! I vote for an all day pajamas day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the way i see it, walking on a treadmill is better than sitting on the couch. there are days i don't feel like doing high impact or heavy lifting so i do yoga or pilates. as long as you're moving, that's all that counts :)

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Errrr...I'll have some ice cream on top of my whole wheat waffles. Since they are healthy waffles I think I can get by with 2 scoops :D

    ReplyDelete