People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sticking to your commitment.

I made a commitment 1 year and 2 months ago (give or take a couple days). The commitment I made was that I was going to be the BEST ME I COULD BE. 

I was going to be healthy.
I was going to exercise regularly.
I was going to set GOALS and CONQUER THEM.
I was going to change my eating habits...

Now, ups and downs, ins and outs, I have kept this commitment, and I intend to do so for the rest of my life. CAN I GET AN AMEN?! 

Being healthy, motivated and focused, is sometimes hard for the working mother. 

My normal exercise routines occur when most people are still sleeping. I'm up at 4:30a and I'm out the door by 5a... Just so I can get to the fitness room at work. I do this 4 times a week.

I make time on the weekends to do something active. More so recently, because the fiance got us the family membership to the Y... But, now that it's getting warmer out.. Running outside will become a priority...

NOW, what does one do when their kid has NO school and the camp will take him no earlier than 7a? 

Your mind is blown! 

HOW AM I GOING TO GET MY EXERCISE IN?
HOLY CRAP, WHAT ABOUT MY SCHEDULE?!
IF I DON'T GET MY WORKOUT IN... HOW WILL I KEEP ON TRACK AND ACHIEVE MY FITNESS GOALS? 

I go a little crazy... but my head was exploding just thinking of these things.

I took a breath, and I tried thinking of a plan.

I have to bring Emry to camp.. It's on my way to work, and is too out of the way for Klay to take him before he has to go to work.

I had two options:
  1. Hit the YMCA BEFORE work, when they opened at 5:30a and at least get an hour in.
  2. Hit the YMCA AFTER work, and Karate Practice... And after I am thoroughly exhausted.
After work seemed like a bad idea.. if I was too tired, I may not go...
So I have opted to spend today through Thursday getting in an hour... at our local Y.

My thoughts on this is, if I should feel the need to do more... and I'm not too tired... I can always do a quick 20-30min session at the Y before they close.

At least I'll have the hour under my belt.

Today, was Weight/Strength Day... And the Y has a lot of different machines than the fitness center at work, so I opted to do different body focuses. I only stopped when I was moving from station to station..

I worked on my legs (squats, leg lifts, leg presses 3 sets with 15 reps), my back (free weights, chin/pull ups/dips 1 set of each, 5 reps), arms (free weights, chin/pull ups/dips, cross fit machine, push ups 3 sets with 15 reps), my core (weighted ab rotator 2 sets 15 reps, weighted crunch machine 3 sets 15 reps, cross fit machine 3 sets 12 reps, crunches/side crunches on exercise ball 2 sets of each 80 reps, planks 2 x 60 sec), and I did some mild stretching.

I will have to stretch more throughout today though... I don't want to tighten up and hurt later on.

I wanted to be able to do the Abduction/Adduction weight machine... But I ran out of time...

How do I feel?
Not as good as I normally do after a workout.
I know I did more, and different things. I know that I did different exercises that worked different areas then I am used to.. But, I think not running up the stairs and going directly to work.. the cool down during my drive in... made me feel like I didn't do anything. Hmmm... If I feel up to it, maybe I will go back to the Y tonight...


I think the idea of tomorrow is getting me....
My Monday/Wednesday workouts are usually an hour and a half... and consist of 60 minutes of running, 10 minutes of walking... and 20 minutes of core exercises.

The fact that I will only be able to get an hour in...
Makes me sad....
I do love to run....

And then it has me questioning, whether or not Friday should be REST day... I mean... If I'm not doing my normal workouts.. Shouldn't I make UP for it? And EASTER... WHAT ABOUT EASTER SUNDAY? The Y will be closed, and I'm fairly certain it's going to pour in the morning... maybe Sunday should be REST day?

I'll right updates about this tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday... to let you know what I decided.

Stay Tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Get it girl!!!!

    I am right there with you waking up at 4:30am every day to get my work outs in! Though, I only have dogs to worry about not kids...so you are a better juggler than I!

    ReplyDelete