People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Weekend Recap - 4 days weekends both ROCK and STINK

So, I've been MIA since the long weekend... I thought I would have to write and write and write to keep myself straight... Well... For the most part, I didn't need to... And I will not lie.. I did indulge more than I should have... But, I did exercise ... CRAZY EXERCISE... all days but Sunday.

I decided that Friday's Rest Day, should merely be a rest day from my normal workout routine. I slept in until 6:30am and then made it to the YMCA by 7a. If this doesn't sound like sleeping in to you, remind yourself, this chick, wakes up at 4:30a and is in the gym before the sun considers rising. So... 6:30/7am is like sleeping until NOON in my world. 

http://www.mycardioshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/466dcb391bbf.jpgI used different machines... like the ROWING machine. There was GAMES on it.. and RACES... and I did that for a good 15 minutes... It was undoubtedly FUN! 

http://teamdoctorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Screen-Shot-2012-04-10-at-9.03.14-PM.png
dude, you can lift your leg higher than that
I then moved on to the Stair Climber... Which, was not my favorite, and I only lasted 5 minutes on it. Not because it was hard.. but because I got bored... and FUN was the object of Rest Day Workout... 

I then tried different weighted machines, and discovered a leg adduction machine that has helped me with my Side kicks. Let me see if I can find a picture of it... Anyway.. Needless to say, IN LOVE WITH THAT MACHINE. 

I attempted pull ups/chin ups with only 30 pounds of assistance weight.. and managed to do 5! I am getting closer to not needing the weights AT ALL. And that, my friends, will be a happy day. 

I upped the treadmill as fast as I could run.. and managed an 8 minute 47 second mile... And that was that! 

I think between reps and sets.. I did 1.5 hours of exercise.. and felt INVIGORATED! It was SO nice!

Friday, then became my day to do WHATEVER I wanted. Klay took Emry hiking for the ENTIRE day. THE ENTIRE DAY MEANING: they left around 9:30a and didn't come home until roughly 7p. I chose my time wisely... I went to an Estate Sale with a friend, and bought the items to build Emry's Easter Basket.... Took myself out to lunch.... Had a Chocolate Cherry Bomb Stout with Lunch... Came home and spray painted the hutch that will go in my bathroom (needless to say, it's going to need a few more coats before it is done)... Did the cooking for the week and made the "Chips" for the Easter Dessert.

  1. The Banana Raspberry Oatmeal bars: I could have cooked them a little longer than the recipe called for.. BUT THEY WERE SUPER YUMMY! Will try these again!
  2. The Spaghetti Squasher Quasi Chicken Parm meal I invented... TURNED OUT FANTASTIC... Please, give it a try!!!!
  3. The Fruit Salsa I made for Easter... Was.. Bleh... It wasn't BAD.. but, honestly, I don't think I'll try it again... Fresh fruit would have been better.... 
  4. The "chips": DO NOT MAKE THESE A COUPLE OF DAYS BEFORE... MAKE THEM THE DAY OF IF POSSIBLE. They went from crispy awesome to tough cardboard in 36 hours. So, they are AWESOME for the SAME DAY and SUCKTASTIC if made in ADVANCE. Got it? Good... don't make the same mistake I did. 
Saturday was a day spent with the YMCA in the morning, in which I ran like I was being chased by zombies... 27 minute 45 second 5k time... Treadmills are fun... but holy cow, was I sweating from every pour on my body. Then, I did the house work, in which I got significant help from the men folk.. IT WAS AN EASTER MIRACLE. Klay, Emry and I then went to Loew's and purchased an outdoor patio set... and some Adirondack chairs... We are anticipating a lovely Summer in our backyard with BBQ's and Friends and Fire pit time... We needed to have a better set up! And then we watched TV together... Really.. quite a boring day... Oh, and I prepared the Fruit Salsa somewhere around 9p on Saturday... Still.. it really was MEH.... I bet more sugar and cinnamon would have given it something.. but that was going against my morals.. Seriously.. FRUIT SALAD... Ugh moving on...

Sunday... Easter... I was up at 445a to hide the Easter Eggs outside... Quipped with a flashlight, and Klay standing lookout... I managed to get everything hidden... And do you know my luck? Emry didn't wake up until 7a... WHAT A NOOB! 46 eggs were discovered in about 15 minutes, and then we proceeded to go through our AWESOME Easter Basket.. Breakfast was had... candy was ignored (by his choice) until about 10a... He watched Frozen, and played by himself... The adults watched the news.. and had coffee (or a protein drink in my case)....
 

We went to Easter Dinner at his parents... The food was great... Did I adhere to the ONE PLATE rule? I did... I had ONE salad plate.. with little dressing, but as much greens as I could pack in it. I had HALF a dinner plate of: Pork Loin, Apple Sauce, Green Beans. I did have 2 pieces of bread. One dinner roll... and then... She announces that the FRESH BAKED GARLIC HERB BREAD is done.. so, of course I had another (Bread is my weakness.. it really is). 


Truth time, the second piece of bread is where this day got away from me. And, I totally gave in to the "Fat girl" in my head. I am not ashamed, I feel guilty.. but... I have to remember the following statement:

 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lurYl3FuLSs/UQqC1U8mMpI/AAAAAAAABjY/EUFI3LZW4z8/s1600/bad+meal.jpg


So.. here we go... This is wear it gets ugly.. LOOK AWAY... 

Dessert came out... and the one plate rule went out the damn window. I had 2 small pieces of the BUNNY cake... 2 large helpings of the underwhelming fruit salsa, and chewy "chips".. I swear they were crunch right after I made them... 

I knew I was losing control, so I cleared the plates... I thought that my idea of getting the plates away from me would be a good idea.. THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THIS LOGIC... This sent me to the kitchen.. where the food that wasn't placed on the table was LEFT.. So, the slices of pork loin... the BREAD.. the copious amounts of bread... the drippings in the pan from the pork loin, right next to the bread.... Sonuvabeech.... Slice of bread.. dunked in the drippings.. and in my mouth... Oooh, a small piece of pork loin... Don't mind if I do.... **SIGHS**

We took home a little pork, the remaining fruit salsa, and NONE of the cake.. Because it would have all been eaten.... So, I count that as a victory.. that I said NO... 

We got home, Klay began working on the Mead he is making for the Wedding Party... 
Emry went and played with his Lionel stuff in the basement... my dad went outside and sat in one of the Adirondack chairs... he took a nap. I... I had a little ice cream and watched a movie... 

I stole a couple jelly beans... 

I watched Survivor with Emry... put him to bed... and then... We watched Game of Thrones... Dad got hungry so I went out to grab him something from Wendy's... AND... I stopped at taco bell...

Yah.. when I go off the reservation.. I really go off the reservation.... 

I'm not proud.. .But, I'm honest... and I need to write this, because SOMEONE ELSE has to understand they are NOT alone....

I woke up on Monday morning, and I did not weigh myself. I knew it was bad... And I didn't care... I got my workout clothes on.. and I was in the gym by 630a... I ran... I lifted... I did a FULL body workout. 

When I say I ran... I need to note that I did 6.74 miles... in 70 minutes. 

I did weighted squats... I did tortuous core exercises... I basically was mentally telling myself that I was NOT okay with what I did yesterday...

I did NOT over do it... I did make myself PAY for what I had previously done though.

AND THEN... I cooled down.. went home... Got reasonably clean.. AND WE WENT HIKING... 
We hiked for 4 hours... And most of it was Rock Scrambles on "Copes Lookout Path" at Mohonk. You may have read about it in my questionnaire this morning.

It was an intense hike. We must have in hiked 5 miles.. Possibly more... But, the rock scrambling made me Climb and use my weight to descend.. and my hands to grip... It was epic.. and I loved it...


 

We went out for Turkish food, and I had a Vegetarian Okra Stew with Bulgur. It was fantastic. 

We then, went for a little walk.. and Klay NEEDED to go for a beer... (He does love his beer)... 
And I had a hard apple cider... and we had a little dessert...

That was a major meal for me... between the Stew and the Cider/Dessert.. I was not hungry for the rest of the day.... Seriously.. no dinner was eaten.. I was just FULL.

We picked Emry up from School, and we did the evening Karate Routine.. and that was that.
Literally.. after Emry went to bed, I took a bath, Klay trimmed my ends (yes, he cuts my hair... I'm growing out a lot of old dye, and can't afford regular trips to the salon).. and I went to BED... 

I woke up this morning, had an amazing weight/strength training session...

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/73/63/b0/7363b0148b80ecdfe399c7039a4549ce.jpgDID I MENTION THAT WEIGHTED SQUATS WERE MY NEW FAVORITE THING? My legs are getting a definition that I just can't deny! 

I LOVE IT.

Oooh, I bet you're wondering, how I stacked up on the scale this morning.

I woke up... 4 pounds up from where I was on Thursday. Yup. However, a lot of that is bloat from eating unhealthy foods... And I know I'll wake up tomorrow with most of that off... It is that UGLY WEEK FOR ME... so, the bloat is normal. 

I'm not freaked out by it at all.. and I know come this weekend, I'll be exactly where I was... last Thursday.

It's about CONSISTENCY...

Tell me, how was your Easter Weekend? 
Did you stay on track?
Tell me.. HOW DO YOU DO IT?

See y'all tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I will tell you that I went into the weekend completely motivated to work out and the totally FAILED! Oh well... there's always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete