People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What day is it! HUMP DAY! - Let's catch up!

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and starting last week, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my second week doing this, and I think I have found 8-10 blogs that I am now addicted too!
 
Go check it out.. and Join in!

Otherwise, It is Wednesday, it is the 2nd day of the new "Spring Break Schedule"... and oh man, can I not wait for him to go back to school. Did that sound wrong? Don't get me wrong, I love my kid, and I love that he is having a break at Camp... the changing of my schedule.. DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

 Today, I made Emry another special lunch!
 
The sandwich is a Peanut Butter and Jelly (Blackberry Preserves, just saying), it is cut into the shape of a bunny rabbit and briefly decorated with Food Coloring. It was late and I was uninspired, I didn't put my all into this decoration. HA! Another Pumpkin Cocoa muffin, decorated with Easter Toothpicks, and a serving of Red Grapes with a Blue Bunny Lollipop Ring. 

When I went to pick him up  from lunch, all of the kids turned and looked at me in awe. The class room teachers and assistants all told me how they ogled his lunch, and how SPECIAL it was. He was beaming, and it was apparent that he enjoyed it immensely. That was the icing on the cake. I set out to make him feel special, especially since he was really bummed about this whole "Anti-Fun" spring break.  

http://getbettertoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/12.jpg I woke up and went directly to the "Y" this morning. Yesterday, I wrote how I was scared about today's workout. I usually run a crazy amount, and then do core exercises. (Because, you know, one day, I want a washboard stomach to get rid of this baby pouch a freaking six pack.. it's the truth.. I want a damn six pack.)

I ran 3.1 miles in 29 minutes and 45 seconds. I am not going to lie, I had to hold on to the treadmill here or there... but, I got it done. I then walked, at a severe incline, until the 54 minute mark (4.84 miles - not my best daily mileage.. but, no slouch either.) This gave me enough time to get home, get clean, get Emry to camp, and then fly to work... I got my hair presentable, and off the Holy Week Devotions.

I work for a Christian Organization, we take Easter and Christmas very seriously. And we have amazing, and thought provoking prayer time... Normally it's only one or two times a week... but, this week, it's been every day. It's really inspiring.. and soothing. 

Did I go back to the Y yesterday? No. I didn't. Even though I didn't get in my full workout. I felt tired, and my muscles were telling me that I had, in fact, done enough. Got to listen to your body...

Today, I am considering at least doing most of my core exercises at home... it's 20 minutes, and the only thing I'm really missing is the weight element... Pretty sure, I can put Emry on my back and use him to do elevated crunches. I'm sure he will let me... maybe... possibly... Okay, I'll have to bribe him.. but, it will be worth it. 

After work, I have to run to Emry and get him to karate. The dojang is only opened two days this week, due to Spring Break, so we have to get him in there. I'm also hoping that maybe I can get him to take a double class tonight.. just in case traffic precludes me from getting him there TOMORROW. I have a feeling most people will be leaving for Easter Family occasions... and thus, my evening commute will be H-E-L-L. 

So, that's my day, and I think we're all caught up... 

Stay tuned... Later on today (or tonight) I'm going to write about what we might be eating next week.. and Healthy Easter Options... and how weird my boss is about "Fruit Salad".

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great workout! I didn't make it to the gym yesterday either. I was heading there until I realized my membership card was at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That story about the lunch just melted my heart a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!! You seem pretty busy, lol! ;) I try to do exercises at home but sadly for me, not the same as the gym. And I def. need to incorporate more health conscious meals for myself and my bf. Salads coming soon, lol! :) xx

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute lunch! Glad I could be an inspiration! - Caren from Bento-logy

    ReplyDelete