People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

BAH-HUMP-BLOG!

Hey Mike.. Guess what day it is?!?!?! HUMP DAY!!!

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and about a month ago, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my seventh week doing this, and each week I find a few new blogs to stalk follow. 
 
Go check it out.. and Join in!
This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic.. I'm going to continue doing it!

 WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
  • I must confess that I committed a cardinal sin yesterday. It was Tuesday, a weekday, and we went out to eat with Klay's brother, sister in law and baby Maggie. And I didn't even try to eat healthy. Spanikopita, Greek Salad, a piece of Klay's whole wheat buffalo chicken pizza (best pizza in town, is found at a greek restaurant, I know.. weird, RIGHT?).
  • I must confess that I had that, I ruined the day moment, and while getting gas at Stewart's I got a kiddie cone with Peach Cobbler Ice cream. I know this was wrong. I knew this was wrong as I pumped gas while eating the cone. 
  • I must confess when I got home, after I got Emry into the shower (more on that later), I had a candy bar... Cookie Dough Flavored Dark Chocolate, and two lorna doons with pb smothered on them.
  • I must confess that I didn't even try to work out last night, to counteract all the wrong, I know I did.. I consciously knew I did. 
  • I must confess this morning, I had that you're a fricking moron moment, and decided that today was the day I was going to make myself pay for my Tuesday cardinal sin.
    • My 5k is in 2 weeks. So, I've decided to change up how I do my running days. I normally will run for 70 minutes straight and do a 10 minute cool down. Today I broke it up into two 35 minute sets. I wanted to see how fast I could do a 5k, and then the rest would be a cool down phase. The first round of this, I did a 5k in 28 minutes 24 seconds, and by 35 minutes I had gone 3.62 miles. The second round of this, I did a 5k in 28 minutes 11 seconds, and by 35 minutes I had gone 3.64 miles. THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL OF 7.26 miles in 70 minutes. AND THAT IS PRETTY DARN AWESOME. That's right, fat careless girl inside of me, pay for your weak binging of doom. 
    • After each 35 minute running set, I did 20 minute core workouts. The first round, I did leg lifts, shovels, russian twists (w/ 10lb weight), and boat presses (with 10lb weights in each hand). I grabbed the exercise ball and using the crossfit machine did 2 sets of forward crunches and 2 sets of side to side crunches (1 set @ 22.5 pounds and 1 set @ 17.5 pounds). I then used the exercise ball to do 2 sets of regular crunches and side crunches (a set is 36 crunches). The second round, I used the exercise ball and passed it from my hands to my feet (2 sets) and then I "threaded the needle", did side V-ups, 2 minute plank, and then while in a plank position, I tried to recreate the rope workout from last week's Tabata class. Instead of ropes I used 10 pound weights, and while in the plank position, I alternated picking up one weight to the level of my shoulder and putting it down, then going to the next arm... I did that for roughly a minute or so.  
  • I must confess, I am going to probably do another killer ab workout when I get home... Just to make myself remember, that during the week.. we do NOT deviate from the prepared foods or scheduled meal plan. I know this sounds totally extreme, and I'm not even a little embarrassed about it. I was FAT, and I got that way, by making excuses and allowing myself to indulge WAY too much WAY too often. That girl is fricking gone, am I right?
  • I also confess, that this weekend, since I am so angry with myself, I am going to do some type of 3 day challenge, and not eat any crap at all. Sorry Emry, I know Mama said that "we could build a snowman" (read: watch Frozen) with Pizza and Ice cream.. but, Mama was really BAD yesterday and that can't happen again.

This is also the point of the week where I go over the foods we will be eating for the next week. For those who don't know, during the week I make what I call a "Bulk Meal". One meal portioned out to a gazillion servings, so that the four of us can eat Lunch or Dinner from Monday to Friday.
THIS WEEK I HAVE CHOSEN THE FOLLOWING: 
From Broke & Bougie - 2 ingredient Crok Pot Chicken - I need say no more
1
From Eat Yourself Skinny - Summer Quinoa Salad - looks tasty, and I still have quinoa left from last week!
Not going to lie, I picked Broke & Bougie's main dish, because the prep is super easy, and I have one of the two ingredients in my freezer. Just saying... Awesome sauce. I plan on pairing this with side salads, and the amazing Quinoa Salad as well. 

What I loved about the Quinoa Salad (other than the fact I have most of the ingredients in my home), is that the balsamic, lemon and olive oil makes a dressing for it, and it would also go great on top of a Kale salad. 

I love being able to mix and match these things.. Makes the week less boring. Well, I really don't find it boring.. the men on the other hand.. They do. 

Now, on the weekends, I like to make a bulk breakfast. I find this helps the men to eat a breakfast, and it encourages me to do so as well. The overnight oats last week were great, but I'm sure a different texture would be appreciated this week. What I have chosen is:

From Fitness Blondie - Clean Chocolate Protein Cake

8 ingredients, and I have all of them in the pantry and fridge. DONE and DONE. I love how in the picture she tops it with some nice Strawberries. YUM! I know that cake for breakfast will go over really well with everyone. So why not give it a try! Am I right? 

So that's where I am at...

So: Anyone want to weigh in as to why I went totally off the reservation yesterday?
Anyone have any advice that might stick. Please remember I am completely conscious that I am doing a bad thing, and I still can't stop. I really am a Social Binge Eater. **SIGHS**

My workout will kick in eventually, but for right now I feel super good. And I know that my killer core workout this evening is going to really make me remember WHY I AM DOING WHAT I AM DOING. Am I right?

ALSO: Anyone have any cool weekend Challenges (Preferably a Friday to Sunday thing) that I can do this weekend?

Happy Wednesday People!

    

8 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for choosing my chicken! let me know how it turns out. And girlllll I am off the wagon hard. I think it's the nice weather makes me feel like I can just do annnnyyyytththhhiinggggg I want, and I'm so mad at myself it'st just those in-the-moment things that are killing me. When we were moving we ate out non-stop and I just haven't been able to get back on. Today's a new day and I'm trying to keep good food on hand so I'm not even tempted but it. is. so.hard. to get back on!!! WE GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have way more dedication than I do. If I deviate from my plan or eat more junk that I should, I pretty much just shrug it off. Then I'll continue with the plan the next day. Good for you for trying to stick to it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, thank you SOOO MUCH for your reply today. It really was extremely encouraging! While I read your blog I laughed over each confession of junk food that you ate..... because I have been on the same page.

    I am not sure if you know but I used to work at Jenny Craig as a weight loss consultant and emotional eating is a very difficult thing to overcome. One thing I have realized, as I mentioned in today's post, is that food can be an addiction. I know this sounds ridiculous because addictions typically come in the form of alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. Food can stimulate the brain the same way as any other addicting substance so overcoming it can be more difficult than drugs because we NEED food to survive. Drugs we can do without and still survive.

    There are a couple ideas off the top of my head. The first one sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. That is flavored gum. It puts a delightful flavor in your mouth, satisfying the craving, without the stupid unwanted calories. Personally, this has worked for me upon many occasion and has NOT worked on various other occasions. I think it depends on my mood. I like sweet mint gum because it is sweet :)

    You stated you were overweight at one time. It has been my experience that those of us who were once overweight have to forever struggle to maintain our weight. This is not everyone - but a lot of us (myself included). which leads me to the 2nd thought which is if you HAVE to munch socially, (especially since you have a little one) that it is helpful to find healthier versions. It is highly unlikely to get a carrot stick vs an ice cream sandwich at the gas station. More realistically, you could look for Skinny Cow or something similar with lower calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep sticking to the plan, lady! the more you do, the stronger the habit is to eat clean and stick to a regular workout schedule. of course, things happen and you just can't but get back on the wagon and don't beat yourself up about falling off. consistent clean eating and regular exercise is what counts; a one off day won't do a thing..

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been struggling too! thank you for your sweet note. :) it gave me a little push in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You killed the two run! You just have to move on from the bad days and start fresh at every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!!! I'm so glad I stopped by! Girl your evening at home is the story of my life....I'll do good all day and then it's like a free for all! Can't wait to follow along!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interested to see if you can make it through your challenge because I honestly could not! haha I definitely have some sort of treat on a daily basis. Wrong would be letting summer pass you by without enjoying that ice cream cone. Don't be so hard on yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete