Hey Mike.. Guess what day it is?!?!?! HUMP DAY!!!
Today, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and about a month ago, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my seventh week doing this, and each week I find a few new blogs to
Go check it out.. and Join in!
WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
- I must confess that I committed a cardinal sin yesterday. It was Tuesday, a weekday, and we went out to eat with Klay's brother, sister in law and baby Maggie. And I didn't even try to eat healthy. Spanikopita, Greek Salad, a piece of Klay's whole wheat buffalo chicken pizza (best pizza in town, is found at a greek restaurant, I know.. weird, RIGHT?).
- I must confess that I had that, I ruined the day moment, and while getting gas at Stewart's I got a kiddie cone with Peach Cobbler Ice cream. I know this was wrong. I knew this was wrong as I pumped gas while eating the cone.
- I must confess when I got home, after I got Emry into the shower (more on that later), I had a candy bar... Cookie Dough Flavored Dark Chocolate, and two lorna doons with pb smothered on them.
- I must confess that I didn't even try to work out last night, to counteract all the wrong, I know I did.. I consciously knew I did.
- I must confess this morning, I had that you're a fricking moron moment, and decided that today was the day I was going to make myself pay for my Tuesday cardinal sin.
- My 5k is in 2 weeks. So, I've decided to change up how I do my running days. I normally will run for 70 minutes straight and do a 10 minute cool down. Today I broke it up into two 35 minute sets. I wanted to see how fast I could do a 5k, and then the rest would be a cool down phase. The first round of this, I did a 5k in 28 minutes 24 seconds, and by 35 minutes I had gone 3.62 miles. The second round of this, I did a 5k in 28 minutes 11 seconds, and by 35 minutes I had gone 3.64 miles. THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL OF 7.26 miles in 70 minutes. AND THAT IS PRETTY DARN AWESOME. That's right, fat careless girl inside of me, pay for your weak binging of doom.
- After each 35 minute running set, I did 20 minute core workouts. The first round, I did leg lifts, shovels, russian twists (w/ 10lb weight), and boat presses (with 10lb weights in each hand). I grabbed the exercise ball and using the crossfit machine did 2 sets of forward crunches and 2 sets of side to side crunches (1 set @ 22.5 pounds and 1 set @ 17.5 pounds). I then used the exercise ball to do 2 sets of regular crunches and side crunches (a set is 36 crunches). The second round, I used the exercise ball and passed it from my hands to my feet (2 sets) and then I "threaded the needle", did side V-ups, 2 minute plank, and then while in a plank position, I tried to recreate the rope workout from last week's Tabata class. Instead of ropes I used 10 pound weights, and while in the plank position, I alternated picking up one weight to the level of my shoulder and putting it down, then going to the next arm... I did that for roughly a minute or so.
- I must confess, I am going to probably do another killer ab workout when I get home... Just to make myself remember, that during the week.. we do NOT deviate from the prepared foods or scheduled meal plan. I know this sounds totally extreme, and I'm not even a little embarrassed about it. I was FAT, and I got that way, by making excuses and allowing myself to indulge WAY too much WAY too often. That girl is fricking gone, am I right?
- I also confess, that this weekend, since I am so angry with myself, I am going to do some type of 3 day challenge, and not eat any crap at all. Sorry Emry, I know Mama said that "we could build a snowman" (read: watch Frozen) with Pizza and Ice cream.. but, Mama was really BAD yesterday and that can't happen again.
This is also the point of the week where I go over the foods we will be eating for the next week. For those who don't know, during the week I make what I call a "Bulk Meal". One meal portioned out to a gazillion servings, so that the four of us can eat Lunch or Dinner from Monday to Friday.
THIS WEEK I HAVE CHOSEN THE FOLLOWING:
|From Broke & Bougie - 2 ingredient Crok Pot Chicken - I need say no more|
|From Eat Yourself Skinny - Summer Quinoa Salad - looks tasty, and I still have quinoa left from last week!|
Not going to lie, I picked Broke & Bougie's main dish, because the prep is super easy, and I have one of the two ingredients in my freezer. Just saying... Awesome sauce. I plan on pairing this with side salads, and the amazing Quinoa Salad as well.
What I loved about the Quinoa Salad (other than the fact I have most of the ingredients in my home), is that the balsamic, lemon and olive oil makes a dressing for it, and it would also go great on top of a Kale salad.
I love being able to mix and match these things.. Makes the week less boring. Well, I really don't find it boring.. the men on the other hand.. They do.
Now, on the weekends, I like to make a bulk breakfast. I find this helps the men to eat a breakfast, and it encourages me to do so as well. The overnight oats last week were great, but I'm sure a different texture would be appreciated this week. What I have chosen is:
|From Fitness Blondie - Clean Chocolate Protein Cake|
8 ingredients, and I have all of them in the pantry and fridge. DONE and DONE. I love how in the picture she tops it with some nice Strawberries. YUM! I know that cake for breakfast will go over really well with everyone. So why not give it a try! Am I right?
So that's where I am at...
So: Anyone want to weigh in as to why I went totally off the reservation yesterday?
Anyone have any advice that might stick. Please remember I am completely conscious that I am doing a bad thing, and I still can't stop. I really am a Social Binge Eater. **SIGHS**
My workout will kick in eventually, but for right now I feel super good. And I know that my killer core workout this evening is going to really make me remember WHY I AM DOING WHAT I AM DOING. Am I right?
ALSO: Anyone have any cool weekend Challenges (Preferably a Friday to Sunday thing) that I can do this weekend?
Happy Wednesday People!