People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I must CONFESS.. I missed the HUMP DAY BLOG HOP!

Hey Mike.. Guess what day it is?!?!?! HUMP DAY!!!

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and starting a few weeks back, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my fifth week doing this, and each week I find a few new blogs to stalk follow. 

Last week we all took a break... but, I can't wait to get back into it!
 
Go check it out.. and Join in!
 
This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic.. I'm going to continue doing it!

WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
  • I confess that I have candy and snacks hidden in my desk.. in case of emergencies and stress overloads.
  • With that said... I also confess that I add to this drawer, whenever someone gives me a free snack or piece of candy... So I technically am hoarding unhealthy stuff... and never touching it.
    Hi, My name is Kat and I am a candy hoarder... but only at work... I swear!
  • I confess that I am losing my patience with people, and their assumptions that I have to invite them to my wedding, because we are SO CLOSE. If we were that close, we wouldn't talk only when you were passive aggressively asking where your invitation was... and if we spoke any other time outside of an occasional funny Facebook Meme.
  • I confess that I am not inviting my sisters' adopted/foster son to our wedding. Klay agrees. So does my dad. The kid is in a secure facility for a reason, and we don't feel safe with him there.
  • With that said.... I lied to my sister as to why we didn't invite him... Because I was trying to dodge a fight... But, trust me, the reasons why this kid is in a secure facility, would make you feel the same way Klay, my dad and I do.
     
  • I confess that even though I found out the OxyElite Protein powder and products have agents that not only speed your metabolism and fat burning, but make you feel like you are actually ON speed... and were discontinued... I still want to get a tub of the protein powder.. Because, DAMN.. did I feel like super woman last Friday night.
  • I confess that even though I am on my own journey to healthy and fit and toned... that I compare myself to my BFF.. who has been active in Martial Arts for her entire life. Even though we are the same weight... I still think she looks better.. and that's because she has the muscle tone that I am striving and working hard to get. I have to stop comparing. I am on my own journey.
  • I confess I hate how I look in pictures... unless I take them. Yup, I think my selfies are better than peoples pictures of me. Isn't that sad?
  • I confess, that at Steampunk World's Fair, this weekend, I pre-ordered a BUNCH of speciality chocolate truffles. And I intend on indulging in them... very slowly, and with great care...
  • I confess that I am busting my ass to look as toned as possible for this event... because I want our acquaintances to see first hand my transformation.... also.. very sad.
See now wasn't that fun?
Wasn't that cathartic?
I feel better... and I can't wait to catch up with all of you!
 
This week, since we aren't going to be home for the weekend, I will not need to make a weekend breakfast. I am honestly a little scared and relieved about that. I am scared, because I know we will be at a hotel, and have a breakfast buffet... Buffets and me.. well.. there's trouble there. However, there is an omelet station, that does egg white omelet's.. If I can just head straight for that section, I should be okay... Hopefully... I am relieved, because baking every weekend, even though I am enjoying it.. is daunting and slightly overwhelming. 
 
Another thing I won't have to do this weekend, is pre-plan the Saturday dinner. Also, scary and relieving. For the same reasons as above. But, I am hopeful that I will be able to eat lunch with the food items I am bringing down to the room. Thank God the Hotel Room has a refriderator and microwave. Can I get an amen?
 
http://myrecipecollections.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/gobi-sabji.jpgBut for next weeks food, I have decided to take a recipe from the Picky Eater blog.
The recipe is for a Sabji (Cauliflower & Sweet Potato) with a Lentil Pilaf Stew. 
I know the lentil pilaf stew will not be well received, so I am only making the Sabji. I am going to buy some bulgur to put on the side, and since there isn't as much protein as I would like in this dish, I intend on adding some ground turkey into the mix.
I showed the recipe to Klay, and he looked intrigued. So, I hope it turns out good! Even with my additions!
  
Please tune in tomorrow for the Tabata Thursday post! I am excited to see the new stations this week... and I am ready to kick it 100000%!

Happy Wednesday People!

5 comments:

  1. I am all for not inviting just anyone to your wedding! It is your wedding and you invite who YOU want to be there and that is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is your wedding and you invite who you want! It gets expensive and inviting people who you don't really talk to isn't worth it! How does one be a candy hoarder and not eat all the candy?? Asking for a friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your question about "Candy Hoarding"...
      Well.. My desk has this little compartment, and I slip them in there.. And put the shelf right over it.
      No see.. No Eat.

      But, there are days.. I swear it talks to me.
      And this morning, someone gave me a WHOLE Hershey Bar.
      DEAR LORD.......HELP ME

      Delete
  3. I honestly hate I am behind on blog reading so I'm here to yours now. I miss your comments as well. Unless you've been commenting this week and I just dont recognize your name on there. and I think i have since you may be KVS? am i right? I hope so b/c I enjoy your comments.

    now for my detailed commenting skills. Be prepared love! :D

    I definitely need to make a candy stache by my bed again or in my room at least. Oh a candy hoarder would be great. What is your fave candy? I would have lots of butterscotch, lots of things sour and so much more. I can lose my patience with people too. Or at the turn of a switch really. Invite to a wedding b/c you're so close. It's your wedding and if you dont want them there. Then by golly they dont have to come. Just b/c you're close doesn't mean they should come. Maybe they think you're close when you're really not. Who knows. I'd love to chat with you. :D At any given moment. You seem like a gem and an amazing blogger and person all together. Wow to the kid being in a secure facility. I wish I had the motivation to get healthy, fit and tone a tad. At some times I think I look better in my selfies then I do in pics that others take me. Esp if they have me looking weird with some strange expression on my face. Keep busting your ass girl. In the long run it will pay off. Trust me. Have faith and believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh shoot yea I love confessions every week, and girl it's your wedding so do what you want/in this case feel safe with. And comparing is hard not to do just keep in mind everyone's journey is different and you'll get where you wanna be :)

    ReplyDelete