Hey Mike.. Guess what day it is?!?!?! HUMP DAY!!!
Today, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and about a month ago, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, a new blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! This is my sixth week doing this, and each week I find a few new blogs to
Go check it out.. and Join in!
WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!I also find that on Wednesdays, I am looking through all the Recipe Based Blogs, for healthy meals for the following week.
- On Wednesday's, I am even more strict with my eating. This is mostly due to the Work Weight loss group I am part of. You think people are judgmental when you gain weight, when you are overweight? They are even more judgmental when you gain weight (even a tenth of a pound) when you are at a normal weight. I wish the weight hate would stop.
- I am over the moon excited that after this week, there is only one more Bod4God class. Our numbers have been dwindling for weeks, and I really want my Thursday lunch hour back.
- I bought my son dinner from Quick Check last night. And I'm not even sorry about it. Sure honey, you can build your own Classic 6" sub, and get a fruit smoothie. Oh, also, there's left over birthday cake from work in my lunch bag. That can you dessert. Once again, I'm not even sorry. This mama was TIRED yesterday.
- My dinner on Sunday night consisted of 6 perogies (seasoned with jalapeno cheddar seasoning) and Curry Cheese Fries. Oh, and I ended it with half a pint of Stewart's Happy Camper Ice Cream. Not proud... but, oh boy was I fulfilled.
- Due to my weekend at the SPWF and my dinner on Sunday... I have ran a total of 13.98 miles in 140 minutes (broken up between two days). I also have done so many crunches, russian twists, squats and lunges.. that I'm pretty sure my insides are on strike.
- With that said, I want to note that treadmill predicted today would be a LUCKY DAY.. because I ran 7 miles, burned 700 calories in 70 minutes. That's a whole bunch of 7's!!!
- My first wedding dress fitting is on Saturday, and I'm freaking out that none of my friends or bridesmaids are going to come.. and I'm going to be "that bride" that has no one to enjoy in the moment with her. The one the bridal consultants and alteration ladies pity. I don't want a million people.. two or three would be nice.. and I would prefer those two or three to be in addition to my sister... Who is coming out of pure spite... because she's determined to be the biggest MOH-zilla you've ever seen.
- I loathe when people complain about something in their lives that they want to be fixed or better... but lack the sheer motivation to actually take a step in the positive direction. If you're not ready to move forward, fine.. but stop freaking complaining about it.
- I spent an hour on pinterest yesterday looking up FOODPORN. While drinking massive amounts of water... counterproductive much?
During the week, I make what I call a "Bulk Meal". One meal portioned out to a gazillion servings, so that the four of us can eat Lunch or Dinner from Monday to Friday. I am a full time worker and full time mama... Bulk cooking is super helpful.
This week, while perusing I found the following recipes:
|From Pretty Little Grub|
|Roasted Eggplant with Basil from MARTHA!|
For the week, I will be preparing the Quinoa Cakes and having the Roasted Eggplant as a side.
We always have salad and fruits. So, I am thinking there is the opportunity to mix and match these two items and have more variety!
Aren't I a nice mom/fiance/daughter? Giving the men in my life VARIETY? I'm sure they won't all feel that way, the short one... seems to like his chicken nuggets a lot! hahaha. The deal with that is, if he tries a little of what I made every day.. I'll give him "kid food" with it. It has worked pretty good thus far, and that's a big deal.. since we used to have to FIGHT for him to eat anything. (Please see examples 1, 2, 3, 4) We are much better now, and we haven't had a problem with food in a REALLY long time (Knock on wood and all of that).
The Quinoa Cake recipe will need to be tripled, so that we have enough for everyone for the entire week... And, now from looking at the Eggplant recipe, I'll have to quadruple that as well.
Meh. At least there are very little ingredients in both recipes. I find, that the fewer the ingredients, the more enticed I am to prepare it. Is that sad? I'm not sure why that is.. it's probably a monetary reason. It's more than likely a monetary reason.
The Saturday/Sunday meal this week is going to be another Freezer/Fridge/Pantry Dive. I'm going to see what we have, what needs to be used, and I'm going to make a meal out of it. Come back on Monday, I'll tell you what it is in the Recap.
I still quite haven't figured out what to make for the weekend breakfast. I've noticed that this idea also leaves a couple of servings for during the week as well. That makes Klay happy.. and thus, I am happy.
And then.. just by looking up "Overnight Oats".... I found it.
|Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats|
Not going to lie, I looked up Overnight Oats on Pinterest... and I found a bunch of yummy pictures... This was the first one that my work internet did not blog the site. The site is called "Stephs bite by bite" Not many ingredients, which is a plus. And it seems really easy to make. I always have these ingredients in the house, and the only thing I might have to buy, is the chocolate chips.. and that's if I don't have dark chocolate somewhere in the house, that I can shave, or break into tiny pieces.
I'm also pretty sure Emry might eat this.
Which is a total win.
The blog doesn't state the serving, but most of these recipes are for 1 jar.. which is apparently a serving. I think we have some Mason Jars at home, if not, picking up a few wouldn't be SO bad... right? RIGHT? Also, I think if you have a container that is air tight, you could probably use that as well. Does anyone have any advice about this? Does it need to be a glass Mason Jar?
There we go.. I hope you liked checking out my humps... my lovely blogging humps!
Happy Wednesday People.