People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hump Day Hump Day Hump Hump Hump Day!

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I am going into my second of month of participating in this. Each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
Go check it out.. and Join in!
This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic..
Shall we?

 WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
https://ericafuni.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/michelle-icecream.gif
    http://31.media.tumblr.com/da755cc4092a9017b9e38b53009c8fb3/tumblr_mmg8fkuKqV1s8asgxo1_500.gif
  • There was a party at the office yesterday, and I may have stared so hard at the cheesecake and red velvet cake, that I may have just absorbed calories... I didn't eat any.. but oh man, did I try to use my Jedi Mind Trick to get it to levitate into my mouth.
  • I confess that when I get cut off by the car that was directly behind me, that I really REALLY lose my $#!T.... I clap, and scream BRAVO.. and when I know their windows are open.. I, in turn, open mine... so they can hear my road rage. (Not proud, but not sorry).
  • I confess that I am a little scared to weigh in tomorrow. I am half way through my reset, and I set a big goal for this week... But, I've been determined and focused... Whatever I achieve is awesome.
  • I fell back to sleep this morning, and barely got to the YMCA on time. I did a full leg workout, and instead of a speed run, I opted for a walk, with the treadmill as inclined as it could go.. for 15 minutes.. and then just to say that I ran... I lowered myself back to 0.. and then ran 1 minute @ 9mph... Needless to say, I'll be hobbling later.
  • I am currently blowing off a project my boss just gave me. But, I'll get to it after I finish this post, and read all of my favorite blogs. I know, MY PRIORITIES ARE SO STRAIGHT!  
I also use this time to share with you the food I plan to make for next week. I prepare bulk meals for my family.. and this gets us through our work week, and sometimes into the next weekend. It's hard with all of the adults working full time jobs, and it's even harder to make smart choices when you are tired after work, and doing mama things. Preparing a healthy meal, and having fresh fruit.. Saves me. Time after Time. A little extra effort.. HUGE reward. Am I right?
This week, I had an instant WIN for this weeks meal. 
Fitness Blondie, You're a rock star and the recipe for your Clean Protein and Veggie Stir Fry sounds delicious!
What I love about this recipe, there are very few ingredients, MOST of them are in my fridge, freezer or pantry at this very moment, and it looks super simple to make.
Her recipe calls for 5 servings, so for my family, I'll probably have to triple/quadruple it. But still... AWESOME SAUCE. I'm thinking that using Asparagus and Mushrooms sounds amazing.. But I may also throw in some diced tomato too. Mmmmmmmm
YUM SAY WHAT?
We will have fruits and veggies a plenty to use as sides.. and that just leaves us with a Breakfast for the weekend. 
Hmmmmmmm....... Something good, Something Tasty, Something Healthy... Hmmmmm
Oh fitness blondie you win again, and it's only because I actually have 3/4 a can of pumpkin!
How do you say no? How do you resist? That's right, you don't. Once again, picked purely because I have all these ingredients, and it seems super easy to make, not to mention.. Chocolate.. YUM? 
We are trying to keep our grocery bill low, so the more I can use what's in the pantry/fridge/freezer, the smaller or grocery bill will be. Also, it will help clear out the older products, so that when we do need a LARGE shopping trip.. It's for all NEW stuff.. not just putting new groceries right next to the OLD ones. 

This week is turning out wonderful, and I feel wonderful. I think a lot of my mood, and just desperation came from the unhealthy stuff I was putting in my body. Is that possible? Crap food Crap mood? Hmm.. got to look into that.
Tune in tomorrow for Tabata AND Twit Thursdays!
And, as always, have a wonderful day my friends!

5 comments:

  1. My commute is so long that road rage is inevitable! Hope you weigh-in goes well, as long as you feel you did all you could than that is success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at resisting the cheesecake and red velvet cake, I don't know if I have THAT MUCH will power =P they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have road rage all day every day. oops. No shame in my road rage game.

    Also, I can smell cookies and gain 5 lbs. It is like horrible magic.

    Annnnnnddddd I am always afraid to weigh in haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, that made ma laugh what you wrote about absorbing calories. I think that must be what's been happening to me lately.
    I get terrible road rage. I even get it as a passenger. If I see something happen that winds me up, I'll start going mad, even though I'm not the one driving, so it's not really even affected me. I get so angry with bad drivers. I swear they'll give a driving license to anyone these days.
    Have you heard of ZoeLiveLoveLift? I just bought her new cookbook (ebook) and there are some really great sounding recipes for little treats in it. It's only $5 at the minute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha your confessionals made me laugh, and I love the use of the gifs. I hope you have a great week this week :). Oh and those recipes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete