Go check it out.. and Join in!
This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and
WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
- I did not go to work today. I am playing hookie. Don't tell anyone. Promise? Good! Yesterday, I was exhausted, and just feeling empty. This led to some awful decisions throughout the day and into the evening.
- Last night, due to my exhaustion and empty feeling, I went out for Chinese Buffet dinner. And, I ate and ate... and ate.... I knew I was eating to feel something... even if that emotion was guilt.
- Emry wanted Hoopla so we went there after, and I had a small amount of Froyo. Still.. the empty... just didn't leave me. But, my stomach ached... I knew, that I had accomplished what I had set out to do. . .
- We got home, he showered, and we watched TV. I was really thankful there was no karate class or homework last night. I was not in any position to be... a present and active parent.
- I never really fell asleep last night, my body was tired.. my mind weary.. but, never could I achieve sleep. I wonder if it has a lot to do with the humidity.. my current state... We shall see. Around 3a, I realized that I was not going to work, that I needed a day to center myself.
- How does one gain their center? How do they find what they didn't know was lost? Me? I ran.. I got up at 5a, got my gym clothes on, and ran my outdoor 5k route. It was obviously what I needed... 27 minute 50 seconds later I was home. I still felt the need... I still felt like I needed more.
- The YMCA was my next stop. I did a full core workout... 1 hour later... The sweat had pooled, and I was starting to feel more at ease... more... energized. Isn't it great how exercise does that? I had to cool down, so I ran some more on the treadmill and then did an hours worth of walking.
- At present, I confess, that I am watching back to back episodes of Penny Dreadful on Showtime. And drinking a lot of water.. while in my comfiest pajamas.
- I also confess, that, as it is now 9:38a, I feel... better than I have in days. I am sore, as it will happen with about 3 hours of straight exercise.. but my soul feels full.. and the Empty feeling has left... And, I am so overjoyed by that.
I also use today to go through the many blogs and sites I peruse, and find recipes for the next week worth of food. I make a bulk meal for lunch/dinner and this usually includes two components (main dish and side) and I make a weekend healthy breakfast option.
This week, I found my main dish from Pinterest. The search I used was "Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes". This is because I am trying to work through all of the frozen meats in my freezer. I like to do this before I buy more meats to freeze. We usually buy our meat in BULK.. it's way cheaper, and this time. I am aiming to buy more lean turkey, chicken, and red meat cuts... This means that the price I pay is going to go up considerably.. but, the result of how we feel after eating will be worth it.
|The recipe came from this site|
Now, what to do for a side? I was thinking just having salad ready... and lots of different veggie toppings. That means really no prep. Except for maybe dicing up some veggies for easy salad building. I also want to start getting more seasonal summer fruits in the house. So I think that's where our side dish will come from. Fruits and Veggies. I mean, can you really go wrong?
But, I am an over achiever, and I am feeling rather good at the present moment. Damn Exercise, does it EVERY TIME!
What about a healthy and tasty salad dressing? Pinterest had a pin of many salad dressings, and I found one that was very interesting:
MANGO CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
- 1 cup mango chopped
- 1 TBSP cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Sugar (Not using this - just saying - that's a lot of sugar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Blend and Enjoy. I honestly think that 2 tablespoons of sugar is a lot, but, I think I could either cut it in half, or use a different healthier option.. Any suggestions?
|The pin led me here|
This is a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Overnight Oat Recipe. It includes both flax and chia seeds... I think I am only going to have enough in the food budget to buy one of them. I'm going with Chia Seeds... I've been reading a lot of good things about them, and I think the texture should be good. From what I read at least. So, I am hoping this tastes sort of like Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. Because that seems AWESOME!!!
So that is our food for the week, and those are my confessions.
Have a Happy Wednesday People!