People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great... Confession?

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and about a month ago, I became part of the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is done by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I am following! I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I am going into my second of month of participating in this. Each week, the new bloggers I follow become life new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?

Go check it out.. and Join in!

This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic..
Shall we?

 WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!
  1. I did not go to work today. I am playing hookie. Don't tell anyone. Promise? Good! Yesterday, I was exhausted, and just feeling empty. This led to some awful decisions throughout the day and into the evening.
  2. Last night, due to my exhaustion and empty feeling, I went out for Chinese Buffet dinner. And, I ate and ate... and ate.... I knew I was eating to feel something... even if that emotion was guilt. 
  3. Emry wanted Hoopla so we went there after, and I had a small amount of Froyo. Still.. the empty... just didn't leave me. But, my stomach ached... I knew, that I had accomplished what I had set out to do. . . 
  4. We got home, he showered, and we watched TV. I was really thankful there was no karate class or homework last night. I was not in any position to be... a present and active parent. 
  5. I never really fell asleep last night, my body was tired.. my mind weary.. but, never could I achieve sleep. I wonder if it has a lot to do with the humidity.. my current state... We shall see. Around 3a, I realized that I was not going to work, that I needed a day to center myself.
  6. How does one gain their center? How do they find what they didn't know was lost? Me? I ran.. I got up at 5a, got my gym clothes on, and ran my outdoor 5k route. It was obviously what I needed... 27 minute 50 seconds later I was home. I still felt the need... I still felt like I needed more. 
  7. The YMCA was my next stop. I did a full core workout... 1 hour later... The sweat had pooled, and I was starting to feel more at ease... more... energized. Isn't it great how exercise does that? I had to cool down, so I ran some more on the treadmill and then did an hours worth of walking. 
  8. At present, I confess, that I am watching back to back episodes of Penny Dreadful on Showtime. And drinking a lot of water.. while in my comfiest pajamas. 
  9. I also confess, that, as it is now 9:38a, I feel... better than I have in days. I am sore, as it will happen with about 3 hours of straight exercise.. but my soul feels full.. and the Empty feeling has left... And, I am so overjoyed by that.

  I also use today to go through the many blogs and sites I peruse, and find recipes for the next week worth of food. I make a bulk meal for lunch/dinner and this usually includes two components (main dish and side) and I make a weekend healthy breakfast option.

This week, I found my main dish from Pinterest. The search I used was "Healthy Ground Turkey Recipes". This is because I am trying to work through all of the frozen meats in my freezer. I like to do this before I buy more meats to freeze. We usually buy our meat in BULK.. it's way cheaper, and this time. I am aiming to buy more lean turkey, chicken, and red meat cuts... This means that the price I pay is going to go up considerably.. but, the result of how we feel after eating will be worth it.

IMG 7856 800x533 thumb Ground Turkey Broccoli Slawghetti Crock Pot Recipe
The recipe came from this site
This is a Ground Turkey Broccoli SLAWghetti Dish. This means.. CLEAN EATING... Am I right? The only problem with this recipe, is there are no distinct portion sizes... so it's kind of a guess. The ingredients seem to include: Onions, Ground Turkey, Bell Peppers (frozen), Minced Garlic, Broccoli Slaw, and Jar Sauce. She says something about seasoning and 21 sauce... So in my head, that says Go with your gut, and pick whatever seasonings you have in your spice cabinet! Once again, AM I RIGHT?

http://www.wyndhamhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/iStock_Fruit-Small.jpgNow, what to do for a side? I was thinking just having salad ready... and lots of different veggie toppings. That means really no prep. Except for maybe dicing up some veggies for easy salad building. I also want to start getting more seasonal summer fruits in the house. So I think that's where our side dish will come from. Fruits and Veggies. I mean, can you really go wrong? 

But, I am an over achiever, and I am feeling rather good at the present moment. Damn Exercise, does it EVERY TIME!

What about a healthy and tasty salad dressing? Pinterest had a pin of many salad dressings, and I found one that was very interesting:

MANGO CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
  • 1 cup mango chopped
  • 1 TBSP cilantro
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 TBSP Olive Oil
  • 2 TBSP Sugar (Not using this - just saying - that's a lot of sugar)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Blend and Enjoy. I honestly think that 2 tablespoons of sugar is a lot, but, I think I could either cut it in half, or use a different healthier option.. Any suggestions?


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats // Happy Food Healthy Life
The pin led me here
 Now for the healthy breakfast for the weekend... Last weeks Chocolate Protein Cake was a big success! I was thinking another Overnight Oat recipe would be easy peasy....

This is a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Overnight Oat Recipe. It includes both flax and chia seeds... I think I am only going to have enough in the food budget to buy one of them. I'm going with Chia Seeds... I've been reading a lot of good things about them, and I think the texture should be good. From what I read at least. So, I am hoping this tastes sort of like Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. Because that seems AWESOME!!!



So that is our food for the week, and those are my confessions. 

Have a Happy Wednesday People!







8 comments:

  1. Sorry you were feeling so crummy. Glad the exercise helped! Enjoy your day off;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many mornings that I wake up and really just want to play hookie! I hope you enjoy your much needed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days you just need to play hookie. Glad that the exercise paid off and you were feeling better. Those overnight oats look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, sorry you felt that way!! At least its over now right? :) And I wish I could work out like that lol! I really love how I feel afterwards too! Its the best!! ;) XO

    Lisa,xo
    http://chiclittlethrills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working out recently too and I feel so much better afterwards. I missed the gym yesterday though but I'll be back on track tomorrow. Tonight I have a movie screening.

    Those recipes look delish! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chinese buffets, so good and so dangerous! And glad you had a day for you- those are so necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for playing bookie for mental health days! :) And I'm so happy you're feeling better! I also feel so awesome when I workout regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chinese buffets can have such great choices with all the veggies they offer. Every time I go - that's what I tell myself. Or "I will eat the meat and veggie and just a tiny bit of something with carbs". Problem is I gotta eat a crap ton of whatever I get which throws 'healthy' right out the window!

    ReplyDelete