People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I just need to get over this HUMP.

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I am going into my second of month of participating in this. Each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?


Go check it out.. and Join in!

This is also the day for Wednesday Confessions! So, since I think this is very cleansing, and fun therapeutic..
Shall we?

 WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONAL A LA ME!

I might have picked up a Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappacino from Starbucks this morning. But, I didn't pay for it, I have had a $5 gift card in my wallet for two months now.. and it needed to disappear. So, I lightened my wallet (slightly, I know) and I no longer have the yearning for Starbucks... This happens once a year, normally around Employee Appreciation Day. My boss always gives each employee in our department a $5 Starbucks Card. So, I wait a few months, buckle, then use it.
 
I might also be having a large, fresh baked, bakery pretzel with spicy mustard for breakfast.

http://ijusthaveafewnotes.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/not_even_sorry.gif
I confess that my emotional roller coaster has resulted in a bad week overall.. and that it's been building for a few weeks. This happens every 4 or 5 months, if I fight it.. it lasts longer. So, I'm going to just give in, and let this week be the "BAD CHOICE WEEK, BECAUSE I'M SUPER EMOTIONAL AND UNSTABLE NOT FOCUSED". This way, I'll get it out of the way faster, and get back on track. The last time this happened, I rebounded and became much stronger in my workouts and dedication. SO... Little Hump... BIG Success after. I'm giving myself until Saturday. And then, back on track, no excuses, no nothing. And that's it.


http://makeameme.org/media/created/not-talking-to-a2wmvw.jpgKlay and I are fighting, about more drama his mother is creating. We aren't actually fighting... we sent heated emails during work yesterday, and then didn't speak at home. So.. I guess that's fighting.. right?
I learned today that you can drink Whip cream through a straw, as long as there is enough of it. Thank You Starbucks for over using your "fluff" products.


http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i52/5/5/22/frabz-this-how-ya-moms-look-without-makeup-140838.jpgI hate when you decide not to wear any makeup (or tinted moisturizer, in my case) and people are like "OMG ARE YOU OKAY? YOU LOOK SO SICK!" Wonderful, thanks, I'm glad my natural skin tone and lack of mascara makes me look undead. Oh, by the way, you look just as bad, and you have make up on. Just saying.


http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0042/ru20U41175.jpgI have done one or two guest posts, in my (almost) 4 years of blogging. They aren't my favorite thing, for some reason I feel awkward doing them. Therefore: if I am asked to do one, I usually politely decline... but, when a blog just keeps posting the need for guest bloggers.. I usually just ignore those posts entirely. The blog world always understands if you need a break, we don't judge, just take a freaking break. The internet isn't going anywhere.


I follow quite a few blogs, more and more every week, and I love that. However, if you are posting 5 or 6 posts a day.. that are rougly the same, and filled with 90% memes... I'm only going to read the first one and the last one. I just can't keep up with that kind of rapid fire posting!


7 years ago
Yesterday, before I left for work, I climbed up into Emry's bed (He's got a loft style bed) and laid next to him. He rolled over, half asleep, threw his arm over me and said "I love you mama"... And I just wanted to stay there... forever.


http://tucampusrecmarketing.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/runningnight.jpgI didn't run this morning, but I intend to do it tonight. I want to run outside, and not in the gym.. and it was too iffy, whether or not I'd get poured on... Better chance tonight.. I'll just wear my bright yellow shirt and my flashing reflector. But, oh, what to do about the core training...


I left my cellphone at home today, and I feel like I am missing a part of my body. JEEZ, I'm really slipping!


http://www.momlogic.com/momsonstrike.jpgI'm on strike. I'm not going insane this week with the bulk cooking or weekend breakfast preparing. I'm doing the basics.. and moving on. This is my DGAF week (until Saturday - see above). And that's that.


We finally have eliminated all of the crap snacks from the Kid portion of the pantry. I can now replenish it with Summer Camp snacks, and new stuff. It took a while, but I finally got my dad, Emry and Klay.. to eat the stuff THEY ASKED FOR, but never wanted to EAT. My stubborness pays off... sometimes. 

 


I also use today to go through the many blogs and sites I peruse, and find recipes for the next week worth of food. I make a bulk meal for lunch/dinner and this usually includes two components (main dish and side) and I make a weekend healthy breakfast option.

But that isn't happening this week.

My friend has a LOT of chickens, so we have a LOT of eggs right now.. So I'm making a Egg Bake for next week, and this will be for the men folk.. So it's not going to be healthy at all.

I have lean chicken breasts in the freezer, and I am going to thaw those and grill them up for myself.

There will be salad and fruits for side dishes. Done and Done.

I really don't like eggs anymore.. I can bake with them, I can do them hard boiled.... and the only way I do them otherwise... is if it's with Corned Beef Hash. And that happens once every 4 months? Otherwise, egg bakes and quiches... just don't appeal anymore. Not sure when this happened... but, the idea of me eating eggs.. makes my stomach turn. But, I know the men love them.

The Egg bake (you can call it a quiche, or an egg casserole... interchangeable terms) I am making is
Mexican themed.

Hash Brown base, with a Ground Beef, Cheese, Tomato/Chile mixture on top of that, And covered with Eggs. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes.. Done and Done. Usually 9 eggs to a 9x13 pan.

That will take care of 1/4 of the eggs I have in my house right now. That's right.. 36 eggs... I need to do a lot of baking as well!!!! They will get used. They always do!

But what about breakfast for the weekend?
I have protein bars and protein powder...
And we have almond milk and steel cut oats.. I'm sure no one will starve.

That's it for me.
Sorry It isn't over the top positive, and healthy living...

Before I leave I just wanted to shout out and say:

Thank you to everyone who commented, emailed, or messaged me yesterday. All of your kind words and thoughts were amazing. Thank you for being there.. and for reading.. I'm so lucky to have each and every one of you. Blogging brings friends that I would have never met in the real world. And I appreciate all of you.


  

6 comments:

  1. Life happens. I like to use my period as an excuse to eat anything I see and to cry and be needy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your week is going to get better! things can pile up. but they fall away too. it's always up and down.
    (and you're going to have a beautiful wedding regardless of who is there to share it with you. you'll be surrounded by love on your special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So like you mentioned a soft pretzel and really...I just want one and that is all I can focus on. Why would you do such a thing? Throw in some beer cheese and I would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New from the blog hop! Great blog...I plan on being a frequent visitor =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm forever being asked if I'm ill or tired when I don't wear any makeup. And it's usually close friends - because they're the ones with the guts to ask - who should know what I look like with no makeup by now. Bloody cheek of them.
    Wow, that's a lot of eggs, particularly for someone who doesn't really like them. Good luck getting through them all. I'm sure you can push them onto the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who says that to someone? I can't imagine I look the best without makeup but come on! Rude! Posting too many times a day and too many memes is a turn off for be too.

    ReplyDelete