People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Ta - to the - BA - to the freaking - ta!

IT IS THAT TIME AGAIN! A RECAP OF MY FAVORITE NEW CLASS! 

TA-BA-TA!
http://thewellnessgroove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/old-lady-squat.gif

It seems that I have made Tabata a habit.. not just a habit.. it's kind of a love affair.
I keep going back to see what we're doing! And it makes me just.. SO STINKING EXCITED.
All levels of Fitness Geek go to this class, and I love how we all inspire each other to keep going!
 Once again Tabta is a HIIT class (High Intensity Interval Training). Participants go through 7 different stations, 2 exercises per station. Each exercise is 20 seconds long, with 10 second breaks. Each station gets 4 repetitions of the 2 exercises. It's about 4 minutes for each station, and then you get a 2 minute break between stations. 

Now, do you remember last week when JOHN WAS ON VACATION? (I mean, seriously, still a little pissy, how dare you go on vacation, I NEED YOU! joking - not joking). And we had a different instructor.. she wasn't bad... It was different... But, you know.. I LOVE MY HEAVY ROPES AND INTERESTING STATIONS!

So.. was he back this week? YES!!!!!! Oh thank the Lord... However, he came back with a vengeance! Oh man, did I sweat up a storm during this class... Pushed it to the extreme!  I started on the "Slush" PVC Pipe Station (go to #3 and I ended on #2)


STATION 1: ROPES
Double Swing & Squat
Knee Down Alternate Wave

http://your-strength-and-fat-loss-coach.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Double_Your_Fat_Loss_with_Battling_Ropes_2.jpgSo this was very... releasing. I swear I was almost done with the class, just had to make it to Station 2... and something built inside of me, and was like "HEY YOU. YOU'VE BEEN STRESSED OUT.. USE THIS TO MAKE IT GO AWAY. BEAT THOSE ROPES UNTIL IT GOES AWAY". Every time I squatted I slammed those ropes into the ground.. I got instantly back up, and I did it again.. Each round, just as strong. John commented that "I'm watching you, and I'm liking what I'm seeing" I beat the crap out of that exercise.

http://barbmacy.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/20120613-113636.jpgThe Knee Down Alternating Wave, was the same thing.. Just keep pumping those arms.. Keep waving the ropes.. Make the floor scream from the impact. I imagined the argument Klay and I had, I imagined his mother, who was it's cause. I imagined the crappy people in my world, who pretend to be my friends.. but aren't. I imagined the stress at work.. I just kept doing it.. And it felt so freaking good.



STATION 2: TRX
One Sided Knee Tuck
Atomic Crunch 

http://www.fitstream.com/images/suspension-training/exercises/suspended-oblique-crunch.gifI may have (read: totally did) over did the Station before, so my last station, at #2.. I was tired... But, it was still intense, and I still tried to push through it with the same FIRE that I had. The one sided knee tuck is kind of like the Pendulum Exercise, but, just on one side per round. Make Sense? Well.. I think I prefer the pendulum more.. there's more of a fluid motion to it. This makes you stop back at center and just swing back to where you were... It's a jerking motion.

http://www.livefitwithcaitlin.com/uploads/5/2/6/6/5266575/447074_orig.pngThe atomic crunch, aka: Do a push up, then bring your knees to your chest. Yeah, that's fun, NOT! I did these slow... And after the third set, I went to my forearms to finish it out.. MAN, was everything screaming by the end of this. 




STATION 3: PVC/POOL "Slush" Pipe
Alternate Row
1/2 Get Up

http://www.bodyresults.com/_iexer/kayakdowel.jpgThe alternate row (Read: like rowing a canoe) was standing.. And I just rocked it. This was my very first station, and I just love these "slush pipes" ... Row the boat FORWARD.. push through the waves.. Push through the darkness and the crap.. MOVE FORWARD. I want to note: it was a really small class today.. so I was at each station by myself.. so I focused harder on my mind, as well my body.

http://getplantfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Justin-get-up-sit-up.jpg1/2 Get ups are getting easier and easier.. Remember the first time? I couldn't even do it. NOW, I'm contemplating whether or not I want to use the heavier "Slush" Pipe. You feel this in your arms, your upper back, and of course, your abs.. IT feels AWESOME.



STATION 4: KETTLEBELL
Two Handed Swing
Jack Press

http://kettlebellfitnessdk.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/good-swing.jpg15lb Kettle Bell, and I am rocking the two handed swing.. I think I could have even handled a 20lb weight. I am find that my form is improving.. that my endurance and amount of reps during each set is increasing.. and that is awesome. This is the week, I truly made a comeback. And I am so happy to be back.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/hosting/media/fitness/1607343/35164852/lunge-press.jpgJack Presses are still hard with a 10lb weight... It's the motion.. It doesn't feel natural... And I hate doing jumping jacks.. so.. Of course, I need to learn how to conquer this exercise... I mean seriously.. I got to get over myself and learn to power my way through this.. It's a 20 seconds (multiple times) of my life... Ain't no THANG!




STATION 5: ABS
Alternate V-Up
Boat Press

http://www.fitbie.com/sites/default/files/alternating-v-up-ex.jpgThe Alternating V-Up is exactly what you think it is. Right Hand to Left Foot.. pick up body at both ends. Sounds fun? Right? Yeah.. John threw an 8lb dumbbell at me, and told me to make it more fun. I totally was feeling this, and rose to the challenge... Get it done.. Just keep going.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/images/mv-boat-curl.jpgBoat Presses with 8lb weights.. aren't easy.. yet.. but they are smoother, and stronger. I don't have to drop my legs nearly as much.. It really does make you tighten your core. It's amazing. Also your getting body weight strength out of your legs.. and some extra muscles in pushing those arms up! And that's a win in my book!



STATION 6: Cardio
Jumping Pull Ups
Standing Mountain Climbers

http://eatwatchrun.com/wp-content/uploads/Jumping-Pullup.pngJumping Pull Ups made a comeback.. and I got a wink from John.. It's just for me and I know it.. Now, I've been doing those pull up exercises (Lindsay, have you been doing them too?) So I found these jumping pull ups better than the previous class with them. I was able to jump, HOLD MYSELF... and then lower slower then ever. That means the exercises have to be working.. right? Or am I just too hopeful. Anyway.. I felt strong in them!
http://www.fitbie.com/sites/default/files/standing-mountain-climber-a-ex.jpg
Standing Mountain Climbers suck.. no two ways about it. They suck. I hate them... I close my eyes and do them.. But, I hate them as I do them. Does that make sense. Am I clear? Me no love Mountain Climbers. HA!  



STATION 7: Cardio
Suicides
Jump Squats

http://media1.onsugar.com/files/2014/01/31/901/n/1922729/1545977b1743e558_Jump-Squat.jpg.xxxlarge.jpghttp://www.stayfitbug.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/suicide-lines.jpgDo we remember gym class in high school, or any HS sport team? Suicides are rough.. Run to one dot.. run back.. run farther to another dot.. run back.. Touch the dot.. get low.. do it fast.. Keep going. Don't stop. Don't slow down. Yup. There is a reason for their name... Very appro-po.

Jump Squats, I must say, I did not like these.. I did so many squats yesterday, I should have known better. My legs are like "DIDN'T WE DO THIS YESTERDAY? LIKE A LOT OF THEM. YOU EVIL BITCH". But, I did them, SLOWLY, but I did them. 



That was our class.
Amazing cool down... Lots of stretching.. and I feel AMAZING...
JUST UTTERLY AMAZING.

Oh, John, I missed you.. Never leave me again. HAHAHA! 
Do you have a favorite trainer?
Do you have a favorite class? 
Tell me about it!
DO YOU
TABATA?

1 comment:

  1. I like how there are knee pads for the rope station. hate hurting my knees for fitness!!

    ReplyDelete