People Just as Crazy as Me

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week 1 - Stonger, Faster & Healthier - The workouts!

http://www.ronnadetrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/strongwoman.jpgSo I told you all I would share with you what my Stronger and Faster workouts were for week 1 of my 14 day reset. I try to focus on specific areas of the body each day, and the workouts vary in intensity depending on the type of run I am doing.You will also notice that under the Faster workout there is "Pick 1", followed by an indoor and outdoor activity. This is depending on rain. I can run in a mist... But I refuse to run in a constant rain or even worse downpour. It's just never going to happen.


Check me out!

THURSDAY - DAY 1 (DONE)
  • Stronger Workout
    • A.M. - Tabata (45 minutes)
    • P.M. - Focus on Legs (15 min)
      • Squats (4 sets x 15 reps)
      • Side Squats (4 sets x 15 reps)
      • Lunges (4 sets x 15 reps)
      • Side Kicks (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
  • Faster Workout (Pick 1)
    • Hill Training Inside 
      • Treadmill - Pyramid Trials (30min)
    • Hill Training Outside (I did this)
      • Neighborhood Laps (30 min)
FRIDAY - DAY 2 (DONE)
  • Stronger Workout
    • A.M. - None, It's Friday!!!
    • P.M. - Bodyweight exercises (15 - 20 min)
      • Planks (3 sets x 45 seconds)
      • Russian Twists (3 sets x 20 reps) w/ 15 lbs
      • Heel Touches (3 sets x 20 reps)
      • Shovels (3 sets x 10 reps)
  • Faster Workout (Pick 1)
    • Comfortable Run Inside (I did this, it was pouring)
      • 6.2 mph for 30 minutes (3.1 miles)
    • Comfortable Run Outside
      • My favorite 5k neighborhood course (it's mostly downhill or flat) for 30 minutes
SATURDAY - DAY 3 
(BY TIME THIS POSTS, I'LL BE DOING THE FASTER PORTION)
  • Stronger Workout
    • A.M. - YMCA (Pick 1 - 45 minutes)
      • http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/woman-shoots-straight-right-hand-11559201.jpg
      • 8:45 Tabata class
      • Or Full Body, Whatever makes me happy around the gym
    • P.M. - Garage Grunge (15-20 minutes)
      • Sidekicks on Heavy Bag (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
      • Reverse Punch on HB (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
      • Squats (4 sets x 15 reps) 
      • Leg Lifts (2 sets x 15 reps)
  • Faster Workout (Pick 1)
    • Hill Training Inside 
      • Treadmill - Pyramid Trials (30min)
    • Hill Training Outside 
      • Neighborhood Laps (30 min)
        Hopefully the huge hill that is right by my house *pray for no rain*
SUNDAY - DAY 4
  •  Stronger Workout
    • A.M. - YMCA (45 minutes)
      • Full Body - Whatever makes me happy around the gym
    • P.M. -  Garage Grunge (15-20 minutes)
      • Sidekicks on Heavy Bag (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
      • Reverse Punch on HB (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
      • Squats (4 sets x 15 reps) 
      • Leg Lifts (2 sets x 15 reps)
  • Faster Workout (Pick 1)
    • Comfortable Run Inside
      • 6.2 mph for 30 minutes (3.1 miles)
    • Comfortable Run Outside
      • My favorite 5k neighborhood course (it's mostly downhill or flat) for 30 minutes
MONDAY - DAY 5
  • Stronger Workout
    • A.M. - YMCA Weight Activities (30 min)
      • Russian Twists (3 sets x 20 reps) w/ 15 lbs
      • Wood choppers (3 sets x 20 reps) w/ 10-15lbs
      •  Various Weight Machines for Core - Various Weights (3 sets x 20 reps)
    • P.M. - Bodyweight Activities (15 minutes)
      • Heel Touches (3 sets x 20 reps)
      • Shovels (3 sets x 10 reps)
      • Planks (3 sets x 45 seconds)
  • Faster Workout - Speed Training
    • Treadmill - 6.5 mph for 30 minutes
TUESDAY - DAY 6 
  • Stronger Workout
    • http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YhpWxMIORLg/UbDc5-XhzVI/AAAAAAAAJQE/voA0aBDKQV8/s1600/I+am+a+strong+woman+-+motiveweight.blogspot.com.jpg
    • A.M. - YMCA Weighted Activities (30 min)
      • DB press (3 sets x 15 reps) w/ 8 lbs
      • DB Fly press (3 sets x 15 reps) w/ 8 lbs
      • Bent over rows (3 sets x 15 reps) w/ 8 lbs
      • Bicep Curls (3 sets x 15 reps) w/ 5 lbs
      • Triceps (3 sets x 15 reps) w/ 5 lbs
    • P.M. - Heavy Bag
      • Various punch and kick combinations for 15 minutes
  • Faster Workout (Pick 1)
    • Comfortable Run Inside
      • 6.2 mph for 30 minutes (3.1 miles)
    • Comfortable Run Outside
      • My favorite 5k neighborhood course (it's mostly downhill or flat) for 30 minutes
 WEDNESDAY - DAY 7
  • Stronger workout
    • A.M. - YMCA - Machines w/ Leg Focus (45 min)
      • Various machines with varying weights
    • P.M. -Focus on Legs (15 minutes)
      • Squats (4 sets x 15 reps) 2 @ 50lbs, 2 @ 30lbs
      • Side Squats (4 sets x 15 reps) w/ 20lbs
      • Lunges (4 sets x 15 reps) w/ 20lbs
      • Side Kicks (2 sets/side x 15 reps)
  • Faster Workout - Speed Training
    • Treadmill - 6.5 mph for 30 minutes

And that is what Week 1 will look like.
I will keep you posted as my week progresses, how I've been doing.. And I hope to be able to have the week 2 workout ready to post for next Saturday. If week 1 goes well, and I know it will, I will be doing different activities on the Stronger days, and possibly adding longer runs into the mix. 

STRONGER, FASTER AND HEALTHIER... WATCH ME GLOW! 

http://www.miraculousladies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Strong-Woman-quote.-7.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting your workouts. I have not done that in a while and I may share a few more again.

    ReplyDelete