People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Being your Best You: Total Package

http://www.delipsch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/phonto.jpg 

 This link-up is a chance to join, motivate and share with one another all things health, fitness and lifestyle to be the best version you.  Embrace the journey, one link-up at a time.

With this being the end of the month and the last day of the link-up, 
share with us how you define being the BEST version of you. 
Get creative; anything is fair game here!

Best Version of me?

Now, there is a very self centered answer that comes to mind... and that is to look like this:
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2008/06/24/va1237513386903/Supermodel-Karolina-Kurkova-wearing-Victorias-Secret-6110018.jpg 


A supermodel... The best version of me would be..a... supermodel? No.. That's wrong.. That wouldn't be the BEST VERSION of me...

Because, Even if I dyed my hair blonde, figured out how to walk in 5 inch heels, I would still never live up to this standard.

Why? Because there is a lot of make up, tanning, airbrushing, and tricks that come with this look.. And that is FAKE... And the best version of me is certainly not fake.

Happy... the best version of me would be universally happy, in all aspects of her existence.
She would have finally found a place in her mind, body and soul where food was not a coping mechanism. Where food was not the enemy, where food was not a fear. Where food could make her happy, and healthy... without fail, without doubt. She would find happiness in the strengths around her. Her family... Her true friends... Her accomplishments.. All of these are strengths, and they would be used to fuel her forward, when the path got dark.. or hard... or sad...  She would smile, all the time, because even in the darkest moments, she would know that tomorrow would always be a brighter day.

She would have a six pack... oh shut up.. I can dream can't I? It's another goal.. right? 
But, I digress...

She wouldn't fear the unknown, and would be able to let go a little more. The schedules would be a wonderful guideline to the working of a week.. but, not the mandatory... and it wouldn't bother her, when the schedule was off... even if it was completely changed.

The best version of me...
Is who I am striving to be...
Every day...

She'd be the mother she wants to be.. on the inside... Who is less critical... and more loving...
Who can figure out how to use her words better...Who allows for some frivolity ... from time to time...Who doesn't see the checkbook in her mind, when asked if they can "go do something fun"

I'd still be the rock, and the hard place... The fighter... the one who perseveres.. Those are qualities I never want to lose. I just would love for the "best version of me" to be more well rounded... The rock, and the Warmth.

That's who.. the Best Version of me.. Would be.

This was a wonderful experiment... It made me reflect... and I am so glad I took this journey this month.

There's still time for you to... Go write a post for today.. or go through, and just do these for yourself.
What have you got to lose?

Keep the look out today for:
Foodie Pen pal Post
Tabata Thursday
Twit Thursday 



2 comments:

  1. less critical -- that's where i'm at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just wow...this is amazing...loved every bit of it. Thanks for linking up and cheers to a great month of being our best version we can be!

    ReplyDelete