People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hump Day Confessions! (7-23)

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I have been doing this for a while now and each weel, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
 
Go check it out.. and Join in!
 
Vodka and Soda
Today I am also linking up with Vodka and Soda... I found her through the Hump Day Blog Hop over at the Fitness Blondie! She was an instant "I MUST ADD THIS BLOG TO MY FEED"...She's been having the blogging blues, but she is still motivated to keep dishing out this link up. Which means, the blues cannot be PERMANENT! Come on Kathy, give me some SARCASM SUGAR!!!! :)
So without further ado... 
 
WEDNESDAY CONFESSIONS ALA ME!
 
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cNMBA-HicuI/Tbgyx8gkRwI/AAAAAAAAADY/patQx75VZqo/s1600/Cat-riding-a-bike--3J2DEDHNAZ.gifI didn't run today.. I woke up sore again... It's all in my hips.. But, I was determined to get some sort of mileage in today... So I went straight for my foe: The Stationary Bike. Cardio is Cardio.. Am I right? So, I popped my head phones in, focused on Smallville reruns and pedalled for 55 minutes.. which is my normal run time. 19.76 miles later.. and now my legs are sore... Should have been more aware while I was pedaling.
 
http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/I-regret-nothing1.jpgI confess I made myself a sinfully delicious dessert last night. I took chocolate chip pop tarts (they're Emry's, I swear) and toasted them. Then I spread a little PB on the inside of one pop tart.. and then I smooshed two toasted (on the stove) marshmallows in between them. I call it MEGA S'MORE, and I'm pretty sure SyFy will make a horrible movie starring Ian Ziering! I regret nothing.
http://www.runnerindenial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/joey-.gif
I am pretty sure that my hip soreness is coming from the killer squats I've been doing (with 50lb dumbbell) and the leg press machine, in which I upped the weights... to 150lbs. All I know is these legs are going to look like rocks... and stretching is my friend...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk3e7rH4Jg1qffgfq.gif
Even though we were coming home from vacation on Sunday, I really did miss going to the Yoga class at the YMCA. I only went once, but, I really did love the stretching.. I felt amazing after. So I am counting the seconds until Sunday.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/YqoQ9wgKBCNVe/giphy.gifMy second dress fitting is on Friday night, and I'm scared. I have the worst feeling that the dress isn't going to fit.. and I'm working myself into a frenzy.

http://www.sheawong.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/forrest-gump-i-gotta-pee.gifI've been drinking about 100 ounces of water a day... and I've decided that I should move my office into the stall of the ladies room... At least I'm well hydrated.

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-detail/news_article/sprint-drama-hed-2013.jpgI think I want to take a sick day on Friday... so I can just relax... like... really RELAX. But, I probably won't. But... I might...

Speaking of "I might" does anyone else really miss those commercials? I wish they did more of them. James Earl Jones and Michael McDonell were really funny together.

http://cdn.realityrewind.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Food-Fighters-2014-Spoilers-Premiere-Preview-480x620.jpgI want to try and get on the NBC show "Food Fighters" .... I think I'm a decent cook, and I know I have some killer recipes that could be passed off as "chef prepared"... And Emry thinks I could win... he also wants me to try out for Chopped on the Food Network. 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kVge1RGhm7Y/UvlJDa52i1I/AAAAAAAACIw/iV3pgg_FTqA/s1600/GIF-bored.gifEmry wants to go to the County Fair this week, and he really wants to see the stock car races, and I'm going to tell him they ran out of tickets for the races.. I do NOT want to spend an hour of my night listening to cars... and getting the dust all up my sinuses... BUT, in reality.. I'll probably get tickets.. but dread it on the inside... I'm a sucker for my kid.. What can I say.

Those are my confessions! 
What do you confess this week?

 
 

11 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times a day I get up to go to the bathroom from all the water I drink! I bet my coworkers thing I have a weird problem or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the downside to being well hydrated sometimes I feel like I spend half my day walking to the restroom. Our's is on a different floor too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get feeling better soon! Just calm down, you're dress fitting is going to go just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i spend probably an hour a day going back and forth between the bathroom and my desk! Dress fitting will be fine- you've been working so hard!! You should try some youtube yoga since you missed your Y class! It'll help the hips I bet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your fitting will go so amazingly well with all of your hard work!! I totally hear ya on the sore hips/legs. After running my race, my legs are all like, "NOPE!" I definitely need to just suck it up and push through a run after work...because I have zero self-control and I ate too much chocolate at lunch. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment...I must say I adore your blog! (I'm your newest follower on Bloglovin!!)

    Your Poptart S'more concoction sounds...AH-MA-ZING!! I'm seriously drooling right now!!

    WhatTheHeckWhyNot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sore is a good thing, you are pushing through. Hydrated is good, though all the trips are a pain, totally understand that one. I am sure your dress fitting will go fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's mostly work that's keeping me away because i stare at the damn computer all day and then can't bear to be in front of it when i'm at home. but thanks for the shout-out :)

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap- 55 min of cardio?!! and congrats on the squats - both dumbbell and machine. that's great work.

    If you feel like you need a day off, do it! I am pretty fortunate that my work lets me take it off when I feel like I need it. Otherwise I would have to call in with a major case of explosive .......you know what! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must wear a path from my desk to the bathroom one days I drink the water I should!

    ReplyDelete