People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I'm a Twit Thursday! (7-24)


   
   



Last week my goals were to:

  • Continue to make good choices with my meals and snacks
  • Always make sure that I am taking in an adequate amount of protein, as well (healthy) fats.
  • Continue with 1 cheat meal a week, and keep that in a healthy sized portion.
  • Move from 10lb dumbbells to 12lb dumbbells.. on my upper body work.
  • And continue to build my core
Did I meet those goals?
Yes and no.
I made some very good choices this week, and a few bad ones (even outside the trainpalooza vacation). But, when I made a bad choice (IE: Ice cream, and MEGA S'more).. I only had a portion of it... I didn't keep going.. I didn't just gorge. I ate what it was.. and that was it. I call that an improvement. Normally, a unhealthy (cheating) snack spirals out of control into this never ending eating binge. And that didn't happen this week.
I call that progress.

I have been taking in recommended protein and healthy fats as well... This week I've had avacado, and chicken and tuna and tilapia... and almonds... and some olive oil... and I even added a 4ounce post workout protein shake. Which has made a big difference. At least I think so.

On Tuesday, I did my full body strength and weight training, and I did in fact move up to a 12 lb dumbbell. I did not use a 12 in the Tabata workout today.. But, I made the step.. now it's time to build my strength.

My core is getting stronger... if you've been over to the TABATA post, you will read about the Side V-Ups, that were easier than expected!

I didn't weigh myself today, I was running behind.. and it just really slipped my mind.. so let's see what I weigh NEXT week.

THIS WEEKS GOALS:
  • Healthy Portions, Healthy Meals, 
  • No cheating this week... just to make sure I can still do that!
  • Run with Emry 3x
  • Continue with the 12 lb dumbbells


How was your week?
TWIT UP!

Add the button to your post, add it to your blog... Come on, you know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment