People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday's Weekend Recap & the Countdown

Happy Monday All!

I hope everyone had a fun filled weekend. I know I did! 

On Friday night, I picked up Emry and we had to race to go pick up his RUNNING SHOES (I know, fancy fancy)... and then to his friends house so they could have a play date in her new pool. Guess what this silly mommy did though.. I forgot to pack my bathing suit. Thank goodness for life jackets, and my friend Ro taking one for the team, and watching two kids in the pool. I swear, I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached, sometimes. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WIzTaPB63YQ/Ua8rZe1nV9I/AAAAAAAAAaM/AdHR7zNaf8s/s1600/steampunk+button+bouquet+-005.jpgAfter the kids were done in the pool, Ro and I decided to start work on my button bouquet for the wedding. And, I realized that maybe we took on a task a little bit TOO large... **SIGHS** It is a very therapeutic and calming type of work.. but, we are going to need a LOT of these little button flowers to cover this foam ball! But, it is going to look super unique. And that is what is important to me.

2On Saturday, I woke up around 6a, and I ran outside for a little while, the weather was perfect, and the humidity was low... so I just enjoyed the feeling. When I got home, I had some time to kill before the YMCA opened, and everyone was still asleep, so I prepared the meal for the week. This week, I found the recipe at Eat Yourself Skinny, and it was called Butternut Squash and Arugula Salad.  Just saying, this was extremely easy to make, and the flavors are just ALL there. For extra protein, I browned up some ground turkey meat, and I mixed it in to the Squash and Bean mixture. I feel this really completes the meal. But, either way... Try the salad. It's TO DIE. 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xhi5c6QEFX0/UQH9hSkYZ4I/AAAAAAAAIVs/oOkxDmRfYfQ/s640/i+work+out.jpgWhen I was done with that, I made sure to wake up Klay and let him know that I was heading over to the YMCA before my wedding craft activity with friends... and that Emry was still in bed. Once I got to the Y, I had 25 minutes to get in weight training before Tabata. 20 minutes on Abs, and 5 minutes on Arms, and that was only because I knew John was doing the Saturday Tabata, and I didn't want to overdue my arms before hand. And boy was I right. John really likes to scare the Saturday Tabata people.. We were climbing ropes to the ceiling, doing Rope Slams into Burpees... non stop bear crawl and High Knees... Crazy Heavy Ball... I can't even tell you.. It was intense.. I was POURING SWEAT by the end of it. And John and I were just laughing.. because the HUGE class of people were just... on the floor. It was epic.

I got home, and Klay had been so kind, he had done all of my chores.. I clean the upstairs of the house, and he does the downstairs. But, he knew that I had people coming over, and I still had some other foods to prepare for this week... so he did it for me. Isn't he awesome? Just don't let him know I said anything. HA! So, I had time to prepare the breakfast foods for the week.

gf brownies.jpg Gluten Free Sweet Potato BrowniesI made my own No Bake Granola Bars and Gluten Free Brownies!  I found both of these recipes over at the Lean Green Bean! And, I got to say, they both came out amazing. I have been so lucky with all of the recipes I have been finding.. there has been no DISASTERS, or OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT? The Gluten Free brownies are sweet potato based, and when you were making them, the consistency of the batter was THICK.. like CHOCOLATE FUDGE TAFFY THICK, and I was worried they were going to be heavy, or rock like.. after they baked.. they were LIGHT, and GOOEY.. and just like brownies should be. And, I must admit, it was like eating a Chocolate PB Brownie... So, it tasted like heaven.. Just saying.. HEAVEN. The only thing I didn't do was put the icing on the top, I really didn't think it needed it. 
granola bars.jpg No Bake Granola Bars The no bake granola bars were also very easy. What I love about this recipe, she threw in the words "whatever nut/seed/cereal" you have/like. This made it easy.. because in my house, I always have extra seeds and nuts (used from other recipes) and I used them to compile this recipe. I used flax seeds, and Sunflower seeds, Almonds, Pitted Dates, and Shredded Wheat Cereal. The rest of the recipe was followed. These came out tasting kind of like a PAYDAY bar.. and with that said.. I will never BUY a payday bar ever again.. I'm just going to make these.. because it's a healthier.. and more nutritional option.. AM I RIGHT?!?!?! Just saying, if you are fiending for a candy bar.. MAKE THESE........ Because, they are DROOL GOOD.

After that, Klay's Best Man and his GF showed up, and the crafting began. His GF, Barbara, is super sweet, and is completely in with helping with the wedding. I just absolutely adore her. Lissa showed up.. a half an hour late, saying something about grocery shopping taking too long. I mean, I looked at her and said, "That's why I make sure to get all that stuff done during the week." I think she understood what I was trying to say. By time she actually got there, Barbara and I were mostly done with the craft, so it wasn't a big deal.. I just know not to rely on her. And, with there being less than three months until the wedding, I'm not even going to stress it. Everything is getting done. And that's all that matters. 
http://www.shefinds.com/files/2012/09/Bridezillas1-598x359.jpeg 

*BRIDE TO BE PROBLEMS!*

Lissa left as soon as the crafting was over, because her bf "surprised" her with tickets to a concert. Even though she said that I could have her help and company until 4p, at the latest, she was out of the door by 2:55p. *EYE ROLL* Best man, Ryan, and Barbara hung around.. Klay and I sat out on our patio with them, and we just chatted.. which turned into "Let's get dinner" talk.. and then Fudruckers happened. **SIGHS** But, it was enjoyable.. No regrets there! After we finished Linner (Lunch kind of Dinner meal), we parted ways, and then there was a lot of Lounging around the house. hahahaha! Burgers do that. 

Scary movies were watched that night... and that was basically the end of our Saturday.

http://lovelyhealthylife.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/kids_yoga.gifSunday, was sort of a hectic day.. but, it started out so peacefully. I took a YOGA class at the YMCA in the morning... and Emry went to the Kid's Watch. Afterwards, on the ride back to the house, Emry asks me if he could take Yoga with me, because he did YOGA all during first grade. And I was like, "what the what?" Turns out, his teacher is also a Yoga instructor, and she would calm them down after recess with a little yoga. HOW COOL IS THAT? Things you never hear... Anyway... So, I'm going to ask the instructor. I think it's very cool that he wants to do yoga with me. 

After that, Klay and I had to run to the Ren Faire Office, because this year, instead of being volunteers, we are employees at the faire, and part of a guild. So, there were ID cards needed to be made.. and all that fun stuff. 

After that, we had to race down to meet with Emry's grandmother, great grandmother, aunt and cousin. We do this every few months, and it allows Emry to see the part of the family (my exes) that he doesn't get to see very often. We had lunch at Chili's, I had a flatbread pizza thing... and then we went to Barnes and Noble... Picked up some good reads... And... then there was the Catastrophe on the ropes course.

http://gobigorgohomeblog.com/content/Ropes-course-Medium.jpgAt the mall we were at, they have this suspension ropes course. You are harnessed in, and you can navigate rope obstacles... in the air.. Emry has been itching to do this for MONTHS.. and he is tall enough, so I decided to take him on.. $40 later... we get on.. and we start walking through, and he realizes... YOU CAN SEE THE GROUND FLOOR OF THE MALL. And he just lost his cool.. he got scared.. and I just thought, if I can get him to do ONE activity.. he'll love it and want to do more.. and that just DIDN'T happen. He was crying, and then he started to scream.. It was bad. So, I took him back up.. and we got off the course. **SIGHS** It wasn't that he got scared that was upsetting, it was HOW he reacted to being scared.. The level of crying and screaming.. was OVER the TOP. You would have thought I dragged him on to this. But, I didn't. At ALL. It was sad.. and I just, really could have reacted better... But, I will talk to him about it today.. when we are doing our running.

We got home.. I made sure that he showered as soon as he got home.. just so he would calm down, and then he read to Klay and I until bedtime. That was our night. 

There really was no dinner.. kind of because we were all full from the Lunch at the mall... 

But, you know, that happens... And, I made sure that the food I had taken out for dinner on Sunday, was prepared and then portioned out into containers.. Extra food for the week.. I'm sure no one will mind. 

SO, this is a recipe you all have to try. I didn't take a picture of it, so just trust me.. It's TOTALLY WORTH IT.

MAPLE-DIJON PORK TENDERLOIN 
WITH ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Serves: 6
Calories per serving: 400

INGREDIENTS:
1.5lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp dried rosemary (or basil)
S&P to taste
 
1.5 Brussel Sprouts, timmed and cut in half
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp  maple syrup
S&P to Taste

3 lb Sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
S&P & Cajun Seasoning to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place pork on a
broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Combine
mustard, syrup, rosemary, salt and pepper in a
small bowl; brush over pork.
Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145
degrees. Let stand 3 minutes before slicing.

Combine Brussels sprouts, oil, maple syrup,
and S&P on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Roast 18 to 20 minutes or until tender, stirring
once.

Place sweet potatoes in a large
saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or
until tender. Drain well; return to pan over low heat.

Add Olive Oil, and mash to desired consistency. Stir
in Greek Yogurt, S&P, and Cajun seasoning

 
So, give this a try, and tell me what you think. I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Happy Monday People!

4 comments:

  1. That salad you made looks so pretty!!! Also, the pork sounds yummy! Annnnd you basically had me at "no bake."

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh all the food looks soooo delish on here! Sounds like you had a good weekend, I know it's hard to let Lissa's stuff just roll off but you're right- things are getting done and that's what matters! And A BUTTON BOUQUET!!! how cute is that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe sounds so delish- I just hate cooking during the summer! Emry sounds about how I would sound if I saw how high up we were - LOL

    Man, your friend really is starting to get on MY nerves and I am starting to think you might be giving yourself a headache just by inviting her to things. Sorry you are going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad looks delish. Yeah for getting some crafting done. The suspension ropes looks fun, but scary too. Poor Emry.

    ReplyDelete