People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Highlights!

Unfortunately this cannot be an epic weekend recap of TRAINPALOOZA... I left my phone at home, and I do not have any pictures to show and enhance the epicness of this post.

I am going to write my Top 10 from the weekend, and then later on tonight, I will post my favorite pictures with little recaps about them!

TOP 10 - TRAINPALOOZA HIGHLIGHTS

  1. Emry's face when he realized that the three hour drive into Pennsylvania was to go to an Amusement/Water Park... where he could ride each and every ride. Pure Joy. 
  2. The noise Emry made, when we told him we "had to go home" and then showed up at the Red Caboose Motel... "We get to sleep in CABOOSES?!?!" Yeah, I think his head exploded into little pieces in the backseat
  3. Dinner at our Motel... Traditional Amish Food.. Cooked Well... Amazing portions... And the shoo fly pie (which has placed 2nd in the county for the past 5 years.) that tasted like heaven.
  4. Running at 6a on Saturday morning, through the farm roads, while Horse and Buggies passed me... I think they were wondering what I was running from/to.
  5. Breakfast at our Motel: Telling Klay, "Just because it's amazing it doesn't mean you have to finish all of it." And the puppy dog face that followed.
  6. The petting zoo at our motel! The Goats and the Pigs were super cute... And the horses didn't mind getting a pat... as long as they were allowed to eat while you did it.
  7. The Silo that was converted into a look out tower. You could see the entire county from up there!
  8. Riding the train for lunch... while watching the antique cars race along the train... 
  9. The epic Train museum... With the most amazing engines you have ever seen.
  10. The face Emry made during our ride home, when there was ONE more surprise. 

That is my top 10, and please come check me out tonight, when I post pictures and cute stories from our TRAINPALOOZA vacation.

Feel like an idiot that I forgot my cell at home (and I'm feeling withdrawl as I write this)... But, I will get through!

Happy Monday People!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you all had a great time!! Gotta love when you forget your phone at the most inconvinent times.... =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had fun even if you didn't get pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want shoo fly pie! Water parks are so much fun! Funny how times have changed from 'finish what is on your plate' to 'you do not have to eat it all'!

    I have to say how amazing you are and I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Check it out:
    http://triciaconiglio.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award-nominee.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like he had a great time. The horse and buggies are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! I want to do lancaster with YOU guys! You blew this trip out of the water!

    ReplyDelete