People Just as Crazy as Me

Monday, August 4, 2014

AB & SQUAT CHALLENGE: DAYS 1-7

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/48/1c/b4481c9940e2213f0fe4950b15d7fe43.jpg

Last Monday, I started the Ab & Squat Challenge by Tribe Sports. I'm not a member of Tribe Sports, and honestly I found this challenge while I was procrast-a-pinning... You know you do it too. 

I even got Klay to do this with me. 

I'm going to give you all a brief idea how the first seven days went for me!

Monday Day 1

I already to a lot of squats, so air squats seemed like cake to me... not to mention Sit ups and crunches are my jam. IF you can't tell, Monday on Day 1, I was really cocky.... I mean.. Day 1 of any challenge, I guess it's better to amp yourself up... Right?  

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4zunrrvQc1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Tuesday Day 2

My favorite part of this was the 3 sets of 5 V-UPS. Now, I usually do V-Ups on the side.. so to do them this way.. well that added a little extra burn. And also because when Klay did them, he was cursing with his Irish accent the ENTIRE time.... The accent only comes out when:
1) He's really getting pissy about something
2) When he's trying to break through a muscle spasm on my back. He threatens them with an accent. I'm sure that makes the spasm disappear (We're weird, I know we are...)

http://media.giphy.com/media/IXm7jqCjf1G9y/giphy.gif

Wednesday  Day 3

 Kind of like Day 1, I banged through these rather quick... Just kind of did them. First week problems.. right? I know by the end of this week that I will be taking my time!

http://missythings.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/tumblr_m3zr36mpkn1qdz3y6o1_5001.gif

Thursday Day 5 (???)

Now let me explain... why did I skip Day 4? Well, that's because I forgot what day it was... and I REALLY REALLY THOUGHT it was Friday. Alas.... I was wrong, but I made up for it. 
However, the 40 second plank on Day 5, made me remember the plank challenge I did... and 40 seconds seems like nothing when you have held one for 3 minutes.... Just saying, SO glad I know the pain of a 3 minute plank. HAHAHA

Long arm crunches are awkward, I'll say no more.

http://media3.giphy.com/media/zaQUPENdKhuHC/giphy.gif
 
Friday None

After work, we went out for Klay's Surprise Dinner... and by time we got home... NEITHER OF US WANTED TO DO THIS.

http://static.tumblr.com/bjz7pwn/Dwrm7qzgn/katie_lol_omg__ever_heard_of_not_being_a_slacker__haha__gif.gif

Saturday Day 4 & Day 6

To make up for my epic fail on Thursday (I swear, it felt like a Friday), and our sabbatical from Friday... I had to do both workouts on Saturday night. Now, this was after a full day of Ren Faire Volunteerism.. and the 3.24 miles we walked that day. 

I did one day at a time, and really didn't feel like "4 "was that big of a hurdle...
But, then I realized that I had to do Day 6....
And I instantly wished I had done it slower.

Emry joined me for the Day 6 workout.. Side by Side we did all of the activities... Isn't he the cutest? I'm thinking of during the week this week taking pictures during these workouts... So you can see me and my little man ROCKING IT OUT!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me2pzrj0rF1qzw1pko1_500.gif

Sunday Day 7

Once again Emry joined in on this... and to teach that boy how to do a Bicycle Crunch, was the most hysterical thing EVER. Klay was laughing at us... It was TOO funny...

Plus, he kept telling Klay how EASY this all was.. and how HE LOVES DOING SQUATS. Training him young... It's hysterical.. He's adorable

http://media.tumblr.com/8aed4d02a9878ba4ff503b094c917463/tumblr_inline_mzxfg1GYMj1s4v4p9.gif
 

So this morning, Emry looks at the activities for Day 8, and says to me, "Mama we have to do 50 more squats tonight; Are you ready?" I must have giggled myself silly. 

Okay kiddo, keep me on track... I appreciate it.

Let's See Days 8 - 14....

What am I looking forward to the LEAST?

Day 11: the 30 long arm crunches 
They are just awkward.. but oh boy the pain means it's working

What am I looking forward to the MOST?

Other than Klay and Emry doing this with me? 
Day 12- 1 minute plank.. and do you know why? Scan the rest of the month.. NO MORE PLANKS AFTER THAT!!! YAY!

OH, and what terrifies me the most? 

By this Sunday we will be doing 60 squats, and the numbers just get HUGE from then on... I hope my legs/ass/everything is READY! 

WHO IS DOING THIS WITH ME?
 *
TELL ME HOW DID YOUR WEEK GO?
 *
DID ADDING THIS CHALLENGE INTO YOUR WEEKLY FITNESS ROUTINE: 
HURT OR HELP?
*
STILL WANT TO JOIN?
START WITH US ON DAY 8!!!!
 


5 comments:

  1. procrast-a-pinning!!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not in!! LOL. Well, I would like to take part of a challenge but my neck is STILL a problem right now. I am actually quite surprised as it is the longest I have gone with pain to the point that I cannot workout. Boo for me but YAY for you! you are just getting it and I am super super happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I know I'm a bit late, but this sounds like a great challenge! I'm in!!! But first...ummm what are "long arm crunches??" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing my daily squats, but nothing crazy yet. Some days it just doesn't happen (sometimes because you don't know the day, been there!) you just get right back on it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I need something to get me back on track- I'll start today!!

    ReplyDelete