People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Favorites & Foodie PenPal Reveal (8-29)

Meet At The Barre


FAVORITE PICTURE
 

Why is this my favorite picture? I look awful in it - I'm sweating like a pig - my face is flushed - breathing heavy... But, it's my favorite because, I am comfortable enough to show it to the world. This is me - 5-6 days a week, starting at 5:30a. I run, I lift, I train - I push myself - I challenge myself. I am comfortable with who I am. I'm not gorgeous - But, I am STRONG. 
 
FAVORITE MEAL
 

This was the meal I had yesterday, after the quick run during my lunch break. It was PERFECT. 
It is a kale/mixed green salad, with spicy red peppers, red onion, 1/2 an avocado, cherry tomatoes and 2 Tbsp of Chipotle Ranch Yogurt Dressing (that I found at Wal*Hell). I paired it with a RED RIPE APPLE and a huge bottle of water. I almost licked the bowl.

FAVORITE MOMENT
 
This morning. My favorite moment of the week was THIS morning. I ran 3.08 miles. And I thought I had made my 22.5 mile challenge. I came upstairs, and started figuring out the numbers. I realized... that on Tuesday... I did not run 5.62 miles... I ran 5.68 miles.. SO, I added everything together and realized something:

Monday - 5.46 miles (55 minutes)
Tuesday - 5.68 miles (55 minutes)
Wednesday - 5.14 miles (55 minutes)
Thursday - 3.24 miles (30 minutes)
Friday - 3.08 miles (28 minutes 08 seconds)
 
TOTAL MILES RAN: 22.6 miles
TOTAL # of RUNS - 5
TOTAL TIME - 3 hours 43 minutes 07 seconds
AVERAGE PACE - 9 min 52 sec/miles

IE: I kicked my CHALLENGES ASS.

When I realized this - I almost levitated out of my seat. Not only did I do it - but, I did an extra tenth of a mile - my legs do not hurt at ALL. I feel amazing - I feel so accomplished. I know I am capable of great things - and I feel - so fricking EMPOWERED.
 
FAVORITE WORKOUT
 
My favorite workout this week, was definitely my lunchtime run, yesterday. It felt so good to go downstairs into the EMPTY workout room - and bust out 3+ miles.... and just go back to work. Walking through the cafeteria - to grab more water - I see people noticing me, and my workout bag on my shoulder - so, I may have strutted... just a little.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0lrjhlQX11qk01ux.gif

FAVORITE FUNNIES

 
 
http://memeshappen.com/media/created/rgyupo.jpg


http://arraytheday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lynda-carter-wonder-woman-1-358x465.jpg  

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/88/14/46/88144680ee54128a9628b1893c9f170c.jpg 
http://www.oodora.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bring_me_another_smurf_meme.jpg

http://www.lawlz.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/turtle-meme-ermahgerd-mershed-perderders-eating-mashed-potatoes.jpg
 
 

Also this week is the Foodie Pen Pal Reveal Day!

FPP post Foodie Penpals

This has to be one of the coolest ideas known to the blogging world. It combines 2 of the things I love... BLOGGING and FOOD. Plus, you get actually MAIL (instead of those dreaded bills and far worse advertisement yada yadas).

I discovered this fantasmogorical program while reading Pretty Little Grub and I was UTTERLY intrigued!

So, what did I do? Well, I signed up, of course - July was awesome, I had so much fun - so I decided to sign up AGAIN!

This is put on by the Lean Green Bean and here is how it works:
  1. On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
  2. You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
  3. The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
  4. You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
  5. Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
  6. Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & European residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada! 
This month I was paired with a woman named Mary - and she was from Maine.
 

She sent my some pretty amazing things - Black Rice (from Lotus Foods), Organic Peanut butter cracker snack packs, Yogurt Covered Raisins, a Go Apple Banana Squeezer, A spicy beef stick, 2 kinds of protein bars (KIND & Kashi) and a really awesome dark cacao salted caramel chocolate bar.
 
My favorite thing, thus far, has to be the Black Rice. I prepared a large amount of it last night, to put into our weekly meals. It had this amazing smell while it was cooking, and the color is purple, so really, how could I NOT love it? (I'm purple obsessed) The texture and the flavor were spot on too. OH - and I seasoned it with the Rice Seasoning, I had received during the JULY Foodie Pen pal!
 
Emry stole the Apple Banana Squeezer - and he said it was YUMMMMMM.
 
I have had HALF of the chocolate bar - and I've been really HOLDING BACK. It is smooth, and slightly bitter, with just enough sweetness. I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE.
 
I've eaten both of the protein bars - the Kashi Bar was Mocha Almond Flavor, and the Kind bar was Dark Chocolate Sea Salt - Both were yummy - Sometimes I wish Kashi bars were slightly more, heavy? They don't stay with me long, and I always want another when I have just finished. **SIGHS** Too tasty.
 
Yogurt Covered Raisins are a go to snack for the house, we always have a bunch - so - LOVE THEM.
 
I haven't had the beef stick yet, but I sure plan on - perhaps I'll bring it with me to faire this weekend. Protein and yum and MEAT - DEAL. I think the flavor is Chipotle - I don't quite remember. I'm an awful blogger! (Mary, if you're reading this, FORGIVE ME!)
 
And the peanut butter crackers were really tasty! And I loved that I could read and knew all of them ingredients.
 
If you haven't - go over to the Lean Green Bean - and join in for September's Food Pen Pal Link Up. You will NOT be disappointed!!!!
 
Happy Friday Everyone!
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Way to tackle all those amazing workouts!!! Loved your funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ the mashed potatoes!!! That is how I feel too sometimes!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks really good!! Congrats on kicking challenge butt!!

    ReplyDelete