People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tabata Thursday + Lunchtime Run

Hello! Good Afternoon!

Work has been crazy so this was the first time I had to sit down and actually WRITE this post.

This week has been an interesting one - to say the least - let me tell you about last night's DEBACLE.

I leave work - normal
I pick up Emry - normal
I have to drive home and free a goldfish from a plastic jail into a tiny glass bowl - NOT NORMAL
(It was carnival day at camp - they all got GOLDFISH - JOY!!! *SARCASM* But cute, very cute)
We drive to karate - normal
I drive to the grocery store - normal
My wallet isn't in my purse - not normal - not cool - freaking out

 http://media.tumblr.com/b4fe943c4bfab0c4a23bf398cf94282a/tumblr_inline_mp0e26wqXT1qz4rgp.gif
My wallet was here, at work, in my desk. I had left it here, because I was preoccupied (Read: a complete and utter moron), and forgot to put it in my purse after balancing my checkbook.

SO what do I do? I go home, and I get Klay's debit card - done - easy - Let's move on to the list.

Do round 1 of grocery shopping - normal
Debit card doesn't go through - NOT NORMAL.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MuRD6MryWO4/UkRfi4Gt2tI/AAAAAAAAEW0/V5tVG-5tVak/s1600/flipping+out.gif

I used his debit as a credit - because I don't know his pin - and it wouldn't work - it was being declined. The bank had no way to help me - because, technically, it's not my card - even if it is a joint account. **SIGHS**

Drive home, without groceries, and find emergency cash stash - not normal, but not awful
Drive back to store, pay with cash - not normal, but got round 1 of groceries.
Drive home - NOT NORMAL

It was 9pm by this point, and I couldn't bare to go to another Wal*Hell and get the rest of my list. I'll do it tonight - I was SPENT.

 http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqsv1gdgX1rwiv0vo1_400.gif

Klay is calling to see what was up with his card - my wallet was exactly where I left it - Just oober stressful.

SO, I wake up this morning - exhausted - but, it's Tabata day - so that's a good day.
And since the YMCA was doing work on the locker rooms - only 6 people showed up for class -
SO awesome.

As of right now, I can't tell you all of the exercises - but - I'll tell you my favorite round.

READY FOR THIS!
IT WAS THE CONTINUOUS DEATH STATION - you know the one I usually LOATHE?

It was called the "MAN HATER"
And what is that?

Non-stop circuit of the following:

Suicide from one side of the room to the other
Pick up 15lb dumbells
Do a Burpee
Do 2 pushups
2 (pushup positioned) back rows
Stand up - 1 overhead press
REPEAT!

It was epic.
I loved it.
I wish I could have done it ALL DAY.

http://sarahhollowell.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/1375240669948255_animate.gif

I came home, and I got changed for work - quickly through a salad together for lunch - and got Emry to camp.. then myself to work.

This morning was filled with reports - and editting - and double checking figures - 

But lunchtime - well - lunchtime was filled with RUNNING.

I did a quick lunch run - 30 minutes 
I squashed 3.24 miles in the process

Total Runs for the week = 4
Total Mileage = 19.46
Mileage Remaining = 3.04

Did you read that? 3.04 miles remaining until I hit my goal of 22.5 miles.
I can do that in less then 30 minutes tomorrow morning.

Come on - DANCE WITH ME.

 http://25.media.tumblr.com/3246c700cc2c812685f1eec808db2a66/tumblr_mfz6amAJmA1qclz9ho1_500.gif

The pain in my legs/hips/glutes - is gone, by the way...
I think the Tabata really got me all warmed up and loosened. 

SO - here's to a STUPID STRESSFUL WEDNESDAY NIGHT 
And here's a big HOORAY for TODAY!

How was your day?
Working?
Momming it up?
Teaching?
What healthy activity did you do today? 

Be well my friends!


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, don't you HATE when you leave something at work? UGH!!!! At least it was there and not stolen! That is always good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left my cell phone at my desk one day and I realized it once I got down to my car. I was mother f-ing stuff cuz if I would've gotten all the way home without it I would've been p-ed off about having to go back to get it. Well, I probably would've just left it - not sure. Wallet.... whole different story.

    I am SUPER impressed with the progress you are making running!! Good for you. I have been working on rehabbing my knees for about 9yrs. I am going to keep at it until I can run again. Who knows if I'll even like running anymore!

    ReplyDelete