People Just as Crazy as Me

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday - YUMGASMIC!

Hello Friends!

This morning, is the first day back from my detox - and I wanted to start on a good foot. SO, I decided to make a HEALTHY pumpkin pie smoothie!

https://31.media.tumblr.com/8229a480463834f518e103b364ca08b3/tumblr_inline_mspqvanY7s1qz4rgp.gif

This recipe will make 2 LARGE servings.

1 can pumpkin puree
2 cups Almond/Coconut Milk (or your preference)
5 whole Pitted Dates
Honey to Taste (I used 2 teaspoons)
Pumpkin Pie Spice to Taste (I used 3 teaspoons)

Nutritional Information (Based on my portions) Per Serving:
Calories: 213.5
Fat: 3.5 grams
Protein: 5 grams

PUT IT IN A BLENDER - AND BLEND THE HECK OUT OF IT.
Serve over ice.
Sip And LOVE the season!

http://www.kingfamilypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/felix-running-in-leaves.gif 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8knft7KVnto/VCLbb5IJkQI/AAAAAAAAWXE/-fuAxPDqG0Q/s1600/35318-Autumn-Gif.gif
http://38.media.tumblr.com/055cc1fe69a4458c09b94ec8c9e15796/tumblr_ms7fov6SPd1ro3pofo1_1280.gif 
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7844978688/hE36DD888/

Ok - moving on from my love of autumn.. and this tasty smoothie.

Today is a rainy Thursday - but, I got a pretty kick butt workout in today.

My goal is to do workouts that push me - but do not burn me out. For a long time, I would put my ALL into a run - and recently I've been burning myself out after 2-3 days. And I would run only half of that. SO basically, Monday and Wednesday would be EPIC runs - and Tuesday would be a strength day. But, by Thursday - I was completely out of commission. And my legs would ache. SO - I had to swap it up.

This week - I've been doing a lot of walking. Monday and Tuesday - I did walks on the treadmill. 

Monday was a Fat Burn Zone Workout - in which I had to keep my heart rate under 129... but to do that, the elevation would increase and decrease to regulate my heart rate. An hour later, I was covered in sweat - had walked 3.5 miles - and was completely amped for my 30 minute Ab workout.

Tuesday was a Cardio Zone Workout - in which I had to keep my heart rate under 153... the elevation would increase and decrease to maintain homeostasis. An hour later, I was POURING with sweat - had walked 4 miles - and did an amazing 30 minute Arm/Shoulder Workout.

Yesterday, if you read - I had some "visitors" at the fitness room at my office...  so a half hour into my Fat Burn Walk - I upped the speed to 6.5 miles an hour - and ran hard until the sheer loudness of the treadmill sent them packing - in total, I did 4.76 miles - and I coupled that with 30 minutes of Abs.

This morning, my legs were kind of achey - But, not to the point where I couldn't get up.. so I got my butt back into the gym - I started off with a Hill Walk - intensity turned all the way up - and proceeded to walk 3 miles in 45 minutes - I was feeling spunky (and obviously stupid) - so, I then amped the speed all the way up - and I ran 1.71 extra miles in 15 minutes - Total for the hour 4.71 miles. I had gotten into the gym a little late, so I only had time for 20 minutes of Leg day. Maybe I will do some more tonight? Maybe not. hahaha

But - I am really starting to feel in control of my workouts (and body) again. The detox did wonders - and me not being a complete moron and trying to run 6-7 miles 4 days a week - I feel great.
I know my running isn't up to snuff - or where I want it to be - but, unless I listen to my body now, I will never be able to achieve my running goals in the future.

10 days and counting until the wedding.

The minister came for a meeting at our house last night, and he is thinking of working Emry into the ceremony. I'm sure Emry will just LOVE that. :)

AND - now - I have to get back to work - because ASS HAT has questions about my revisions.. Stupid Proof Reading - It's OVER. BACK OFF AND GO AWAY.
 
Pray for my SANITY.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. That smoothie sounds so good!!! I was killing it with my works outs this week....until I killed my back. My lower back is hurting so bad today and it is shooting pain down my leg. So not cool. I took the day off....first missed work out in months. Oh well, not even sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mouth. watering. at. that. recipe!!!

    TEN DAYS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to all things Fall. Glad you are getting back into it. Can't believe it is only 10 days away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That smoothie sounds good! I like to add a little protein to it and call it a meal. Yum - dessert for dinner!

    hmmmm...... running then burning out every other day? Maybe too much strain or not enough carbs. You run A LOT which means you will need more carbs than I would need or than the average person needs. Do you know how much you are getting? Also, the detox should help. What kind of vits are you taking?

    ReplyDelete