People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hump Day Confessions (9-10)

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I have been doing this for a while now and each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
Go check it out.. and Join in!
Vodka and Soda
I also, ususally link up with Vodka and Soda... I found her through the Hump Day Blog Hop over at the Fitness Blondie! However, the websense at my job has dictated her BANNED, and the reason being SEX. So, I add my link to her blog via my phone... I'm sneaky like that! Vodka and Soda was an instant "I MUST ADD THIS BLOG TO MY FEED"... I recommend you heading over and linking up with her too.. as long as your work firewall allows you too (stupid job).
So without further ado..

MY CONFESSIONS

So yesterdays complete breakdown in sanity - and the emotional puddle I left behind - well - was clearly hormone fueled - Guess what joyous thing I got this morning. SO let's do some Common Core Math shall we?

http://media.giphy.com/media/HU6BWUTYuIet2/giphy.gifSUPER MOON 
AUNT FLO IN TRANSIT 
= CRAY CRAY KAT

Yeah, I just used cray cray - because honestly, that is how I felt - COMPLETELY. My body still feel horrid - and I still have all those stressors, but this morning, there is a sense of relief. 

VENT SPREE + AUNT FLO  ARRIVAL = VERY CALM KAT

So - I am hoping that in the next 25 days - that I will truly just settle in, and focus on all those wonderful comments that were made yesterday - Focus on the MARRIAGE, not the WEDDING. Focus on the Man who is in front of me - Not the one who tried to break me. Focus on the Love - the Excitement - and the Fun. Because - after all is said and done - that is what will be there. Am I right ladies?

Speaking of Common Core - I am in a very heated (and healthy) debate about this currently with a close acquaintance. Now - like it or not - Common Core Math is here - and it's staying. What are my personal views on it? I really don't have any. This is the way they want Emry to learn - and he will not pass if he doesn't learn it - THUS, I'm learning it as well. However, I also back up his teaching with the way I learned it - merely as a way of double checking the answers. I think it's good parenting either way. 
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llz4i7wbnH1qan4hk.gifThis mom - she is okay with her son taking no credit on exams - as long as he learns the "old" way. The answer is all that she cares about. I'm sorry - I don't agree - The understanding is important - getting the right answer IS important - but, the reasoning the common core is attempting to use - is ALSO important... oh, and here's the big thing PASSING MATHEMATICS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. Sorry not sorry - I won't fight the tide on MATH - not worth my energy. She is spitting mad because I do not agree - but, well, you know - Why you mad bro? *giggles*

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ad1c6e1ba0f74e80a54995f0f7c53ed8/tumblr_mxemcpmKVS1sq85i2o4_500.gifI finally got the seating diagram from the venue - thank goodness - so, now I can officially send my guest list and entree selections to the venue. I love being able to LET IT GO... Oh yeah, I went there - TOTALLY WENT THERE. I'm going to be even more excited when I can unload ALL of the wedding crafts and builds and EVERYTHING into this woman's office - so SHE can set it up - JUST LETTING IT GO! HAHAHAHA

I am going to do a mild detox for the next 7-10 days - just to rid myself of all the processed foods I've been shoveling in my face  eating. I am going to get back to the basics - and just remember why I started. My body and it's health is super important to me - and I am not going to let (even the tastiest) processed food come between me and my health! So this detox isn't anything major - I can eat raw fruits and veggies - warm broths - the required protein for my body - and lots of water. I've done it a couple times in the past - and it's a great reset. 

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1c2c8eeb3ce9bde804c1622179e5226b/tumblr_mf9oku8vKS1qbfllso1_500.gifMy dad (accidentally - allegedly) broke my favorite HUGE water bottle. Fancy 25 ounce glass one - It was my FAVORITE. I will learn to live without it - I may have shed a tear when I saw it broken in the garbage. 

http://urbanjunglefashion.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/iggy-azalea-clueless-fancy-gif.gifMy run this morning was EPIC. Seriously EPIC - whatever happened on Monday, was obviously a fluke - because it didn't even attempt to happen today - AND I managed 6.31 miles in 60 minutes and then I walked 0.69 miles in 10 minutes (to cool down) - so that's 7 miles in 70 minutes AND THAT AIN'T BAD! I was really kind of impressed with that - I may have strutted out of the fitness room. 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TXV2yzHCOwo/UjHx0HFEmgI/AAAAAAAABqw/JdqJYkbmEE0/s1600/thatd-be-great-ffqcxw.jpgAlso: I was the only one at my desk at start time - why is that? I left at O'Dark Thirty in the morning - and got here BEFORE the wicked accident on the highway - that made everyone 3 hours late. Mwa-hahaha - Mwa-hahahaha. Now - If I can figure out a way to avoid ALL commuting accidents - that be great!

http://infamousphysiques.com/storage/42.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1358998673916OH - I hate when people call my lifestyle a DIET - Last night, someone told me how amazing it is that I committed to this DIET for almost 2 years - and I just blinked - You can't diet for 2 years. You LIVE. That's it? Right?
 

Those are my confessions - What are yours?





7 comments:

  1. You go girl! Living the healthy life, getting things done for your wedding, and so much more #superwoman PS I don't know if you know or not but you are set to "no reply" on your email. I try to write back to you when you comment over by me....but I can't =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey GIRL! Thanks I knew about the no-reply thing - and I'm constantly clicking the box that enables the reply thingy - but blogger freaking hates me. I just fixed it - AGAIN. I hope you can no respond to my comments. I love your blog!

      Delete
  2. i agree; don't know why people call clean eating "dieting"! i just laugh at them.

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! lol! i have been around! i've been keeping up with ya, but crazy life doesn't usually let me comment. i'll read start to comment, then, LIFE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the diet thing. WTF? Some people have no CLUE!

    Also, you get mad props for the Clueless gif. If I can use a gif or quote from that movie in my daily life, then we are golden. Haha :)

    My sister was trying to explain to me how my niece's teacher is working out problems and we both like da faq? That is so not how we learned it so how can we help her? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes all you need is a big cup of tea and a deep breath. the word diet bothers me so much! ive been competing in bodybuilding shows for 2 years and I hear "oh you cant have this because you are on a diet" im not on a diet, i just eat according to my goals!!!!

    check me out
    www.barbells-and-bikinis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I used to teach and now I do consulting for the schools...I actually think common core math could be a good thing, it's so important for kids to understand the math! And the biggest thing I've learned working in education is that the loudest protestors usually just don't like change.

    And WHOA that run! You have inspired me! Also glad you're feeling relieved!!

    ReplyDelete