People Just as Crazy as Me

Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Favorites (10-17)

http://meetat-thebarre.com/ 

FAVORITE SONG

 

Adele's cover of Love Song.
Why? Super sappy - It's our wedding song.
And it makes me SUPER DUPER HAPPY.
 
FAVORITE PICTURE


My dad and I dancing at the wedding... I know I am a complete SAP this week. 
It was just such a nice moment. And he picked a real TEAR JERKER song.

FAVORITE WORKOUT MOMENT

Taking Hapkido with Klay last night! Hapkido is a Korean art of self defense.  Hapkido includes a vast variety of joint manipulation, weapons defense, throws, ground fighting, kicks and nerve pressure techniques.  It is a unique art because it enables one to bring an attacker under complete control by blending with the attacker's oncoming force.   

Now what does that mean? Well, right now, it means Klay and I practice putting each other in these arm locks - "arms bent the wrong way" - and throwing each other to the ground. 

It was SO much fun - I can't even begin to describe to you how much fun it was to use my husbands weight to force him (kind of easily) to the ground. EPIC FUN.

No Pictures of this - Need to get Emry to take one next week - BUT believe you me - It sort of looked like this:

http://artofgrappling.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/168-2.gif
I'm only half kidding on this one. We didn't pummel each other in the face.
  FAVORITE FALL ACTIVITIES

It's the season, so let's just break it down - I love FALL - I've said it before - Quite a few times - But, let's be specific!

I love pumpkin picking, decorating, and eating. The whole life cycle of a pumpkin - brings me GREAT JOY. 

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e2c244ee83052f26146fd9bffa2c15a3/tumblr_mubwfwRwBL1s2wio8o1_250.gif

I love corn mazes and haunted hay rides! Haunted houses and Scary Movies - DUH.

 http://abeautifullittleadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/haunted-maze1.jpg

I love APPLE PICKING - also apple eating - so another life cycle that brings me happiness!

 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_wpWNlnpxZU/VDN7smMWoSI/AAAAAAAAA5w/Htz_Ocvqwbo/s1600/tumblr_inline_mx75oditu51srrvsz.gif

Leaves - I think leaves are beautiful - I don't even mind raking or using the leaf blower to pile them up.

http://autumnanthology.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/fall-leaf-pile-no-more.jpg

FAVORITE FALL FOODS

Fall foods - ALL the Foods - I think my favorite part about fall is the warm soups and stews. Cooking with seasonal vegetables - Making savory dishes that just SHOUT with flavor. Even though we aren't even to Halloween - I want to remind you of THANKSGIVING - I mean Turkey? Cranberry? Sweet Potato? Pumpkin Pie? TOTAL YUMGASM!
 
http://bcgavel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Gilmore-Girls-gif.gif 
 
FAVORITE FALL DRINK

Well honestly, my favorite fall drink is this mixture of Apple Cider with this Mulling Wine. It has to be my favorite part of Fall (and kind of winter too)! You mix one part Cider to one part Wine (or a little more wine than cider - your choice) - and then heat it up in a percolator (or even a crock pot). Once it's warm - stick a cinnamon stick on the side - and drink DRINK D-R-I-N-K.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/216x146/79/09/56/790956745a075bccdd8dd026dc64f7c0.jpg
Buy it from Brotherhood Winery!
 

FAVORITE COVETED CLOTHING ITEMS

Not going to lie - Forever 21 is been on my WATCH LIST - almost the Entire store. I think it's going to be one of the major stores I shop at when I do, in fact, go out for NEW GIRLY CLOTHES.

There is something about this dress that I just want to TRY ON - I mean, it's cute - but I'd definitely pair it with ankle boots


This ear cuff was INTRIGUING - just kind of a pop of something cool. Also - where are we on this HAT thing? Are hats cool now? I mean - they have the big brimmed hats going on too - I love hats, they look good on me - Just don't know if it's something I should really do!
Speckled Pencil Skirt | FOREVER21 - 2000119310
This SKIRT - is JUST WOW - I love the flex of sparkle - and the overall look of it. You could jazz it up with a colorful top or play it down with a neutral tone. Pop of color from the shoes? Gold Jewelry? This is a versatile piece!

Wool Blend Cape | FOREVER21 - 2000119264
This cape - I must have. That is all.

Long-Sleeved Skater Dress | FOREVER21 - 2055878238
This is another one of those pieces that you could dress up or down. Simple yet elegant.


Marled Tribal Patterned Cardigan | FOREVER21 - 2053126163
SWEATER - OOOOOH!


Ribbed Cowl Neck Sweater | FOREVER21 - 2000080958
This ENTIRE outfit. Just want to wear it with my tall brown boots - and go apple picking in it.

Pleated Bow-Front Blouse | FOREVER21 - 2000060126
I love this top. LOVE it. I would rock it to dinner or to work. It's just adorable.

Lace-Up Combat Boots | FOREVER21 - 2000102182
Boots - I don't need anymore shoes but - BOOOOTS!

Colorblocked Cable Knit Sweater | FOREVER21 - 2000058697
and wouldn't the boots go great with this SWEATER? DROOLS!

So that's it for me... what are your favorites this week?



7 comments:

  1. Love all those Fall outfits. Mulled wine is so good on those cold Fall nights. What a great pic of you and your Dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I am so with you, I absolutely love all things fall and your blog post makes me so, so, so happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ear cuff is awesome... but it looks painful.
    I wish I could pull off fashion like that - nothing looks right on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple cider and wine sounds really good! We went to happy hour last winter and had a warm apple cider drink. I can't remember the alcohol t hat was in it but it was good... and warm! Outfits are so cute. And they look warm. Since I board a lot I need warm stuff even though I don't live in the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apple cider and wine sound fabulous! And those clothes are super cute! Just yes to all the fall things!!!!! The picture of you and your dad is precious!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for fall! I've never been to a pumpkin patch (I have no clue how that happened) but I plan on taking my son next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all those fall outfits....very cute. The picture of you and your Dad dancing is sweet and touching.

    ReplyDelete