People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Humpday Confessions (10-1) - I'm not freaking out.

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I have been doing this for a while now and each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
Go check it out.. and Join in!
Vodka and Soda
I also, ususally link up with Vodka and Soda... I found her through the Hump Day Blog Hop over at the Fitness Blondie! However, the websense at my job has dictated her BANNED. So, I add my link to her blog via my phone... I'm sneaky like that! Vodka and Soda was an instant "I MUST ADD THIS BLOG TO MY FEED"... I recommend you heading over and linking up with her too.. as long as your work firewall allows you too (stupid job).
So without further ado.

My Confessions

http://33.media.tumblr.com/dabba5ff225a348c59e8916a64b91b6b/tumblr_mtonld7EqK1shxe70o1_400.gifI confess that I am not freaking out about my wedding that is 4 days away. I am completely calm, cool, collected - I am not perspiring from every pore on my body, nor do I have a nervous twitch every time I think about lace, or tuling or taffeta. I confess that this is a lie.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/baf007aafc9caa3d4c5aa0d906349316/tumblr_mke2q2W3ak1r4g1p5o1_500.gif 
I got a bulk of my work done yesterday - so, unless something explodes (God: don't be a jerk, okay?) I should be blogging and pretending to work for the remainder of today and tomorrow.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pLIOxmnre_I/TkLVy6kVQsI/AAAAAAAAACk/zQLk_HIjKDA/s1600/all-the-things-meme-generator-finish-all-the-things-a263bd.jpgI confess - I am taking Friday off, so I can finish ALL THE THINGS. Which honestly, aren't the worst things - Playlists, packing overnight bags, putting things all in once place for easy removal on Saturday, getting a mani pedi, going to Victoria's Secret in search of something, well, SOMETHING *wink wink*... the essentials. Yes, a mani pedi is an essential - I have HOOVES on my hands and feet.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HnImTNcN1D0/UlR0RuXnqPI/AAAAAAAAGWY/xpw0g_uG6HI/s1600/pinterestbloggy.pngI confess that I am totally buying in to the mason jar lunch fad - and plan on buying an entire extra case of mason jars to pack lunches in. Perfect portion size - and they fit so much better in the fridge than stupid tuperware.

http://media.giphy.com/media/p0fT3LQz65NZu/giphy.gifI confess that I hate my Tupperware cabinet. No matter what I do, No matter how often I organize it, No matter how long I sit my ass on the floor and take every single piece out, and carefully place it back in the cabinet with fellow shaped/sized brethren - It does no good. It's ALL over the place. I am certain I have Tupperware gnomes that mess it up every night. 

http://www.emlii.com/images/article/2014/07/53bc64d7ed95e.gifI confess that every week I must tell you about an awful moment during my commute - This jerk face road my bumper on Monday morning (while I was driving 20+ over the speed limit) with his BRIGHTS on. No one around me - And he wouldn't pass. I normally would have brake checked this MoFo... but, instead - because I was really going faster than I should - I kept my pace and waited for him to pass me. Which he did. And then - from a safe distance - I turned my brights on - but for like HALF a minute. I think he got my point- and all of a sudden, his were turned off too. Driving with you brights on the highway is illegal. Just saying.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9bef607a18aa859bb870c1a0bce764f1/tumblr_mj1xw2ZEId1rwdusmo1_500.gifMy bridesmaid, Angel, wants to take me out on Friday night, and as much as I would like to go - I also do not want to drink - like at all - I have spent the past month trying to clean my body of toxins - so that my skin and hair glow like the SUN on Sunday. I do not want to drink and feel bloathed, and risk a possible break out - or anything else. Trying to brainstorm ideas of how to avoid feeling like a PIMPLY BLIMP after this. Yes - this is really a selfish and vain confession - but jeez - 4 days!

http://www.brightsidelive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tumblr_inline_mts2stFjY91qecbco.gifWith that said - once the ceremony is over - and we are in the reception - all bets are off - Not even sorry. Not even a little bit. 

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/45/93/6a/45936a3fb01731d419d42dcfd62f3c21.jpgMy workouts have been on point for the past 2 weeks - And I feel really good. I do need to get back into steady running again - but, now that I know why I was in pain (over striding) I will be able to get back into it without the pain reoccurring. I'm short - little legs - they have to take smaller strides - such is life.

I confess that I judged a book by its cover - And by book, I mean Emry's teacher. When I heard her name - I got an image of who she was. When Emry described her - it cemented in my mind who this person was - Her teaching style (thus far) - I thought I had her pegged. I am an awful person. We went to parent teacher conference last night - and met this woman, who is only 3 or 4 years older than I am. Who is light and bubbly - and is only trying to get the kids to be more independent. Trying to get them to figure things out on their own - instead of being spoon fed it. I respect that. 
http://33.media.tumblr.com/3db6a72f89e8c3cc89361a4fb8d6e47e/tumblr_n22ey6fPC01qltkyyo1_500.gifAnd I suppose its a good lesson for Emry. That he can just SHINE is way out of doing the hard work. She is VERY pregnant though - so as of Oct 10th she will be on maternity leave until just after Winter Break is over. We'll see how that plays out - anyway - This woman seemed awesome. And I feel completely awful for misjudging her.

http://www.beniceorleavethanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Confetti.gifI confess that I am a little sad that the ladies at work didn't throw me a shower - or a little party. Our department lives for a party - I suppose they knew I wouldn't have eaten anything (when my department parties - they party with butter, carbs, and it's all super yummy and fatty). So I guess I respect that too.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1383170201/6425163.jpgI confess that the way I got the Pushy Work Dude to back off - was to give him a draft report. And basically told him - all of the figures were wrong - but, that was the best I could give him until I got back. He hated this. My boss thought it was hysterical - and appropriate. His boss completely understood. I win. He Loses. YAY me. 

Those are my confessions!
What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. dont even get me started on the tupperware drawer. after years of fighting with it, i FINALLY found a system that works! a big part of it was turfing the extras that we never used/sat around/took up space -- i think that's a big one for most people and why their tupperware drawer is always over-flowing. now my food container drawer is organized and i love it!!

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh 4 days! How exciting!!!!

    I have one cabinet for all things tupperware and I am ANAL about that shit. I make sure that each lid and piece goes right where it belongs or in no time at all it will be a shit storm in there!

    ReplyDelete