People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Humpday Confessions (10-22)

Liz @ Fitness BlondieToday, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I have been doing this for a while now and each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
Go check it out.. and Join in!
Vodka and Soda
I also, ususally link up with Vodka and Soda... I found her through the Hump Day Blog Hop over at the Fitness Blondie! However, the websense at my job has dictated her BANNED! So, I add my link to her blog via my phone... I'm sneaky like that! Vodka and Soda was an instant "I MUST ADD THIS BLOG TO MY FEED"... I recommend you heading over and linking up with her too.. as long as your work firewall allows you too (stupid job). Kathy is hysterical - I also recommend you not taking a sip of ANYTHING while reading her blog!
So without further ado..
 
My Confessions

https://media.giphy.com/media/104eSQHVd00VRC/giphy.gifI skipped my Rewired workout today. I should be doing Week 2 Day 3 - Chest Focus. I woke up feeling awful. I had a flu shot yesterday, and decided that doing a full AM workout and hour long TDK class was a smart idea. I am obviously not a smart person. This morning I woke up feeling exhausted - utterly exhausted and achy and just SORE. So today is going to be comfort food, warm tea day.(Hopefully, I'll make up the workout tomorrow and just double up)
 
http://www.1851project.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Sick10.gifIs it just me, or does anyone else get a wicked cold almost immediately after getting their flu shot? I mean, yes, I do not get the Flu. But, seriously, the cold I get every year is JUST as bad. **SIGHS** I'm a whiny brat when I don't feel good. So - WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH! Now that I've got that out of my system.

http://media.tumblr.com/bd27a795913b1f81ba5e502cd630bf09/tumblr_inline_mn962plDE51qz4rgp.gifhttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5pk03QuQw1rwcc6bo1_250.gifI confess that I secretly hate the other two people who come in the building at the crack of dawn. They are loud - and overly talkative. I mean - SERIOUSLY, if I leave the house to come to work early - and not to workout - I want complete silence. Otherwise - I would have laid in bed and listened to the open mouth sleep breathing of my other half - and the cats rumbling like bulls in a china shop, through my entire house. But these two - JEEZ LOUISE SHUT UP ALREADY. **sips coffee** KICK IN CAFFEINE.

I also confess that I had a list of things I wanted to type - but then, I glance up at Ian Somherhalder - and I'm instantly all "What was I griping about?" Stop it Ian, I'm married - it's just not fair. And people are going to start talking soon....

http://media.giphy.com/media/orzsrLchCcHgk/giphy.gif 
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8z2ihvcTI1rtzlzf.gif 
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg3eimDDqj1qaky2qo1_500.gif

http://sarahmarieh.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/4d0605ca8386b055f641334bca8f02db.gifFree Coffee at work is nice, especially since I buy coffee very seldom, and on oober necessary situations. However, even the flavored K-Cups - and the flavored creamer doesn't make it taste like DD or SB. *SIGHS* It will do. It's probably my fault. I don't put much creamer or sugar. That's probably why it tastes so bitter....

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZQY9n9L5w1qkE/giphy.gifI've decided that I am going to keep my regular hair maintenance at the salon, with Samantha - a thing. I may not do it every 6-8 weeks. But, most definitely on a regular basis. My hair is starting to show signs of breakage - and for this first time in my adult life, it is REALLY bothering me. Damn wedding, Damn pampering maintenance learned during those months. I'm ruined I tell you. RUINED! But, at least my hair, nails, feet and skin will look FAB!
 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_3IaroCD7IQ/U_fU58tuiiI/AAAAAAAAHk4/nthKjeqYRvU/s1600/GilmoreGirls5.gifI wrote FAB, and the other day I wrote GORGE! (instead of Fabulous and Gorgeous) - who am I? Other than awesome? The tomboy is slowly taking a back seat - It's really hysterical. I'm totally embracing this 30 year old, newly married, mom thing. Klay found a Family Cirlcle magazine (that I swear his mother gave me, because the cover had halloween themed cupcakes) and said "You are so domestic! - - - I like it!" We laughed, but it's true! I really am becoming THAT mom. 

 

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120601032009/antfarm/images/b/b6/Girls_night_out.gifI've realized that I spend more time chatting with my blogging gals - then my normal friends. Which, as much as I love you gals, is sort of sad. All of my friends who live local, well, they are all busy with their families as well - and if we do chat, it's via text. And very brief. We all work - we all have family/spouse/significant other responsibilities when we get out - and there are multiple activities that are budgeted into our weeks. Got to make the time, and be more PHYSICALLY SOCIAL with my friends - We are all master schedulers - I'm sure we could actually cut out an hour to meet for coffee. I hope? Hahaha

I've been trying to sell the wine cork triad - place card holders, from the wedding. And, honestly, no one is biting - And if I sell them any cheaper - I'll be giving them away. Anyone know a bride going for that rustic chic charm? 
 
 
 
http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/Anna9.gifI admit - that the week off for our Stay-Cation made me realize how much I would love to be home more often. I have said it a million times, I love working, I love being productive and giving Emry an amazing life - not to mention an amazing role model (modest - I am modest) - but, I seriously wish I could also be the housewife, stay at home mom - I think I would rock that too.
 
https://33.media.tumblr.com/09c066e1570699e2a6b8159c203476ac/tumblr_mletwaV7tf1qjvm3mo1_500.gifOh - and a big confession - because you guys just have to know: There are nights that Klay and I don't go to bed at the same time. He likes to stay up SUPER late, and I really would rather be in bed as early as possible. SO, on those nights - I snuggle up to one (of my two) penguin stuffed animals. No, I am not lying. One of them is actually a pillow pet - so he's really not a stuffed animal, but I digress. Pillows don't cut it - Something about the penguins - just makes me comfortable. It's totally weird - but, whatever gets me to a peaceful REM cycle faster? Right? Wait - you guys still there? **cricket cricket** Guys????
 
That's all I got this week.
 
What do you confess????

5 comments:

  1. This year I got my flu shot just as I was getting a cold. And now this cold will not go away. I've been sick for 2.5 weeks. I definitely blame it on the flu shot, I'll know better for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year I haven't gotten sick after the flu shot but I normally do. I am so bad about getting my hair cut but I hate cutting off too much length. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I love how you got sidetracked at Ian and had to speak to him that you are married! We get free coffee at work too but I drink mine before I leave for work (to wake up ...and it's good) then if I have more I get cracked out. I don't like that so much so the free coffee is nice for everyone else. LOL

    As for the flu shot- I ALWAYS hear about people getting sick after the shot and I always thought they were probably going to get it anyway. Then I actually thought about getting the shot this year and changed my mind as I have NEVER gotten the flu (around flu season at least) and I would be pissed off if I got it after the shot.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to get the flu shot because it makes me sick every time. Um, no thanks! I will just take my chances. Half the time the shot doesn't even cover the right strand that goes rabid. So what was the point? Haha I am such a negative nancy.

    My hair has a lot of breakage and damage right now. I need to work on it! I need to start taking Biotin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO agree with loudness in the mornings. I can't. I want peace! I don't have the patience when I first wake up for that!

    ReplyDelete