People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

This Holiday - I want to do it up.

Today is my 1,000 Post - Let's sit with that a moment - HOLY COW! That's pretty big! 

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-celebrate-Django-unchained-excited-fantastic-Leonardo-di-Caprio-woo-hoo-GIF.gifYesterday, I might have mentioned that we got 90% of our Christmas Shopping done online - and let me tell you, the only thing I have to worry about it that they come in time, and get wrapped! Such a relief.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/38/3c/89/383c8942dd18eebeb88e4035912bc306.jpg
Maybe I'm asking too much? hehe
But, it got me thinking - We decorate for the holidays, but - I really want to decorate this year. I want to have the Better Homes and Garden - Pinterest Picture - Holiday House. I want to have a couple beautiful DIY arrangements. Even at work, I want to show that even though I am a minimalist - I have the flare! Does that make sense? Also, I want to truly start being more... I don't know how to say this... I want to show who I am more, and hide less behind the fear that it won't be well taken.

Not that I hide who I am to my family - they know that I'm nuts... but, I never really express it in our decorating. We are have the decor of "vanilla ice cream"... very safe. But, it's all comfortable, clean, and simple. And there is something to that too.

But I want MORE!
http://cdn4.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Ariel-i-want-more.gif

http://www.pinterestnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/someecards-pintervention.jpgI got the bug you see - I want to do it up - I want to experiment - and I want to DIY it. Why? Because it just doesn't feel the same from just buying it all from a store. So, you know what happened? I made a Pinterest board. It's a disease - - - I swear. Simple, and easy ideas to really bring in the Holiday Feel into our home.

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1344971675827_1819834.png I don't know how Klay is going to feel about this... if I am a minimalist - then he is a "it's all got to be brown and green and manly"-ist. But, I'm sure he'll humor me... I hope.

Yesterday, I started decorating my office windows - because Pinterest taught me how to make a REAL paper snowflake. Isn't that silly? I never learned how to make a real one until yesterday. Of course the paper had to be square, how dumb was I? (Don't answer that - haha). Hopefully by the end of today my office windows will be "snow covered".



I think that's what I am going to do on this lazy Holiday Weekend - craft and decorate. Doesn't that sound just wonderful? I think most of these crafts Emry could help with - so that will be SUPER fun. LOVE it!

Do you have any favorite Holiday Decor DIY's to share?
How do you decorate for the Holidays?
Any tips?

OH ALSO: Follow me as I pin!


6 comments:

  1. 1,000 posts - that's amazing! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 1,000th post! I tend to try to DIY a lot and/or use elements of nature. Last year I used pinecones and they will be most likely used again. I am really big into reindeer this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on 1000th post - man that's a lot of writing! LOL. I like the idea of a decoration overhaul. Mainly because it needs to be done at my house! I am very much a simple kinda person with decorations and I have over the top personality so I didn't really care. As I see more and more bloggers doing AWESOME stuff with their houses, it makes me want to do it more. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think for your 1,000th post someone should make you a pan of brownies. As a guy, I've never been much for decorating, except for with swimsuit models when I was a teenager. I do love that you're aware that you want to express yourself more, show who you are - my youngest daughter did this last year in her choice of clothes. Tuxedo T-shirts, brightly colored pants, and Converse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1,000 posts? Dang, girl! That is a lot! And ummm 90% of Christmas shopping done? I am jealous!!!

    A weekend of crafting and decorating sounds fabulous! I need the craft bug to come bite me! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl.

    I have a good eye for eclectic decor, but no skills in the craft/DIY department. Can't wait to see what you do!

    Congrats on 1,000 posts!

    ReplyDelete