People Just as Crazy as Me

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Whol30 Confessions (11-19)

Today, is Wednesday and you all know what that means! It means that it's Hump Day, and the "Hump Day Blog Hop". This is hosted by Fitness Blondie, an amazing and positive blog I stalk follow. I found a bunch of great new blogs to read, and a lot of new positive bloggers! I have been doing this for a while now and each week, the new bloggers I follow become like new friends... We are a support system of awesome sauce... Are we not?
Go check it out.. and Join in!
 
I use this day also for confessions... there was this kick butt link-up - but, it is no more... *cries in pillow* But, I still like confessing: This week - with a THEME!
 
Kat's Whole30 Confessions

I'm sorry what is wrong with Quinoa? Yeah, Yeah I get it - no grains - But quinoa? That stuff is the shit right there, and you depriving me of it makes me really sad.

http://www.shemazing.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/college_healthy.gif
I am all for fruits and vegetables and eating very basic meals - with not a lot of oil, sugar, or salt - I am WITH you there... But seriously, if I want 1 Tbsp of creamy balsamic dressing to toss my salad in - I SHOULD BE ABLE TOO.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/da7a7cebde3914cbadc28cfe7d1dea12/tumblr_inline_my0uqhGhVZ1rs40bn.gifI am bloated in a way I have never been before. Yes I haven't been 100% on this, weekends are hard, but I am at least at a passing average for this whole30 shabam thing. But, when I looked up if this is normal - found out - it totally is. I feel wonderful in the morning, no weird morning bloat - but, by the end of a Whole30 approved meal day - my stomach is out of control. I feel like there is a ROCK in there. And I look like I am 4 months pregnant. JUST SAYING. And now, I have to add probiotics and digestive enzymes into it, because my body is reacting like this? I ALREADY TAKE A LOT OF FREAKING SUPPLEMENTS.
 
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140222032758/sistersgrimm/images/9/9d/Cereal.gifI don't intake dairy as it is. I will have a slice or piece of cheese here or there - but I rather drink Almond/Coconut milk than regular milk. I just like it more. And I can totally do that on the whole30 - however - ALL CEREAL PRODUCTS HAVE GRAIN - ALL CEREAL IS BANNED. I have been jonesing for a bowl of Rice krispies in the WORST way. **SIGHS**
 
http://cdn.firstwefeast.com/assets/2014/06/gif.gif
I have about 2 weeks left of this bullcrap --- yeah I called it bullcrap - - - - And I know I am definitely made some positive changes in the way I eat. And that is a positive... but, how do I just know, that the second I am allowed to have grains and carbs - I am going straight for the mac n cheese?
 
http://www.stephaniefeagan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/yeah-you-failed-jennifer-lawrence-gif.gifThose who have Whole30'd, have you looked on Pinterest for Whole30 meals and recipes? I want to note that Paleo and Whole30 are very close - but NOT the same thing - also BOTH of these lifestyle choices are completely anti-processed sugar, or condiment. So, when I see a tsp of brown sugar here and some BBQ sauce there - I call BS. Damn Pinterest posters - why you setting me up for failure?

http://www.goodmeme.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblrmpx7vbqdzs1ro0q3co1500.gifDon't get me started on Caffeine - I swore off coffee (in frequent and mass amounts) a long time ago. But - I really REALLY could use an extra caffeinated cup of hot bubbling Joe - but, you know, not an option... GRAAAAAAAAAR
 
https://31.media.tumblr.com/52e029f2c079fabc818d9908603d82c4/tumblr_inline_n50zp2q9iu1rnvwt1.gif
OH - you know when you have a craving, and you can squash it with a glass of water - or the questions of "Do I need this?" "Why do I need this"... like a little craving. WELL little cravings feel like freaking AVALANCHES on Whole30. I need say no more.
 
SO - there's my confessions as I trudge through this Wednesday. For real though, it isn't that serious. I am just a little tired - and being at karate from 6-9p will do that to you. Happy Wednesday Friends!
 
http://epicpinterestfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/juno-please-dont-judge-me.gif


3 comments:

  1. After reading this post I think I'm scared to ever try Whole30!! You're almost done though - great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost there, stick with it. I have being doing Paleo and I love it. Aside from giving up diet coke, and cheese it has been good. I sneak a few cheats here and there but overall keeping out the processed stuff. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl more power to you! You are doing great and I know you can hang...but you just took any thought I might have had doing it into a oh hell no! I may try Paleo but not Whole 30 I don't think. No coffee? Effff that crap!

    ReplyDelete