People Just as Crazy as Me

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

'Tis the Season Tuesday (12-9)

We are just 16 days away from it being Christmas Morning - I mean, when did that happen?
Hopefully you are in the final stretch of gift buying, and are in the wrapping phase. I think we have one last package in the mail - and then, once it is in - we need to start wrapping, and decorating packages...

It is about 34 degrees and raining - -  very un-Yule tide - - - It was completely icy today, which is very Jack Frost, but not quite Ho Ho Holiday. My commute, a normal 30-45 minutes took about an hour and a half. So, that was super fun.

I still have the headache -  - - - and the doctor never called in medicine last night, supposedly, it has been called in now, and will be there when I go to pick it up this evening.

The headache got worse last night, when I took Emry to the dentist. His teeth are very tightly packed, and we only have one (brandy new) wiggly baby tooth - so there is no space there. They are so tightly packed, that even intense flossing, and meticulous brushing isn't doing what it should. We have two cavities. The dentist was surprised as well. **Sighs** Then the receptionist tells me, without pre-billing my insurance, that the white fillings and the Nitrous (aka: laughing gas) will not be covered. She is showing me a bill for $250. And I am losing my mind. My head is hurting, I am having a panic attack - - - who needs that kind of bill in the end of the Holiday Season? Especially since I was certain that it would be covered. Guess I have to wait and see what happens when they actually bill the dental insurance.

Emry was super upset about the cavities - and honestly, he takes pretty decent care of his teeth. And it more has to do with the narrowness of his jaw than anything else. But, still, with my head pounding, and the panic attack in full swing - - - - he knew I was upset.

Dinner and Homework didn't go as planned - and in my head I keep saying - remember what month we are in - remember it's all about family and love and togetherness - don't lose your temper because you don't feel well. I tried really hard to do this - and I was almost successful, up until the very end.

'Tis the season to be over stressed and blow up occasionally
'Tis the season to be pulled in fifty different directions and distracted

I had to take 10mg of Melatonin last night to help me relax enough to sleep. The Aleve and Tylenol are not working - - - - at all. I am so hopeful for this prescription at the pharmacy.

I want to be able to talk or think without pressure and pain filling my mind.
I want to be able to enjoy the rest of this season.

I want to be able to be present.

'Tis the season to be over emotional
'Tis the season to feel discombobulated

I feel awful writing a post like this - when the blogiverse is flooded with "Peace on Earth" "Cookie Cutter Happiness" and "Super Christmas Cheer."  That's where I want to be - - and that's where I am trying to get.

One foot at a time
The stress needs to dissipate.
 Just keep pushing forward.
Just keep remembering what this is all about.

What about you?
Ever get kicked in the shins during the Holiday season?
How do you deal?

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, sorry about his little teeth being too tightly packed. I hope you hear better results about insurance - namingly that it is actually covered!

    Headaches. Yuck! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things get better soon...this is NOT the time for EVERY last thing to be trying you like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can be very stressful this time of year but I think you have to just look at your day and see what you can eliminate to give yourself some breathing room. We can only do so much, no need to give ourselves added pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you are still getting headaches!! That is awful! And poor E. Dental work is the worst! Especially when you are doing what you are supposed to. I try my hardest to not get stressed this time of year, but sometimes it is unavoidable when you have things like that pop up. Just take cue from whore in the drawer and grab some beer!

    ReplyDelete